The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

These are true stories from someone who works on a cruise ship.

1. (For this one, you have to know that it's really easy to get lost in the maze of corridors and elevators on a ship.) A lady asked if this elevator went to the front of the ship.

2. Two elderly women were staring at the numbers of the floors listed above the elevator door. When asked if they needed any assistance with something, one asked how they were going to be able to reach way up there to push the button for their floor.

3. A newlywed couple, after bringing their luggage into their cabin, stormed down to the desk. The bride was in tears, and the groom was red faced. When asked what the problem was, the groom started swearing at the desk clerk. "We booked a cabin with a view for our honeymoon, and all we get to see out the window is a parking lot!"

4. There was some mix-up with a woman's room. The clerk (or whatever they are called on ships) was trying to remedy the situation. He asked, "Would you like an inside cabin or an outside cabin?" She replied, "Well, it looks like it might rain today. I'd better get an inside cabin."

5. Two women were sitting by the pool, and one asked what kind of water they fill the pool with -- fresh water or sea water? The cruise director answered, "Sea water." "Oh, that explains why it's so rough today."

6. Someone -- always a man -- always asks, "does the ship run on generators?" The Cruise Director usually tells them, "No, we just have a very long power line running to the mainland."

7. "What do you do with the ice sculptures after they melt?"

How about some funny comments made by cruise ship passengers?

1) Does the crew sleep on board?

2) Is the island completely surrounded by water?

3) How does the captain know where to go?

4) When the captain is sleeping, who is steering the ship?

5) Does the ship generate its own electricity?

6) What time is the midnight buffet?

7) What do they do with the ice sculptures after it melts?

8) How many fjords to the dollar?

9) What time is the two o'clock tour?

10) How do we know which photographs are ours?

11) I am married, but can I still come to the singles party?

12) Do I put my luggage out before or after I go to sleep?

13) Is an outside cabin outside of the ship?

14) Does the ship have cable TV?

3. A newlywed couple, after bringing their luggage into their cabin, stormed down to the desk. The bride was in tears, and the groom was red faced. When asked what the problem was, the groom started swearing at the desk clerk. "We booked a cabin with a view for our honeymoon, and all we get to see out the window is a parking lot!"

That's funny!! I'm crying from LMFAO

The most "shocking" thing I've ever seen was in 2009 on the Glory. The lady in line at the buffet directly in front of us picked up a piece of fish with the spatula in the dish and lifted it up to her nose and took a BIG sniff of it. Then, she places the fish and spatula BACK into the buffet bin.

Before my teeth could stop it, I gasped really loudly and said, "OH MY GOSH, honey...did you see that?!" My DH, who is usually charmed by inability to filter from my brain to my mouth is smiling like a goof and says a little loudly, "Yes, I did. Wonder what she thought fish smelled like?"

Her husband, who was in front of her, was RED! I don't think he could believe she'd done that, either. Anyway, her DH picked up the spatula with the fish still on it and dumped it in his plate. Bless his heart...he couldn't even make eye contact with anyone around.

The most "shocking" thing I've ever seen was in 2009 on the Glory. The lady in line at the buffet directly in front of us picked up a piece of fish with the spatula in the dish and lifted it up to her nose and took a BIG sniff of it. Then, she places the fish and spatula BACK into the buffet bin.

Before my teeth could stop it, I gasped really loudly and said, "OH MY GOSH, honey...did you see that?!" My DH, who is usually charmed by inability to filter from my brain to my mouth is smiling like a goof and says a little loudly, "Yes, I did. Wonder what she thought fish smelled like?"

Her husband, who was in front of her, was RED! I don't think he could believe she'd done that, either. Anyway, her DH picked up the spatula with the fish still on it and dumped it in his plate. Bless his heart...he couldn't even make eye contact with anyone around.

I guess he was the brains of the family.

We were on RCCL cruise and on our syop in Labadie, there was a woman in her 50s wearing a thong bikini...bad enough in itself, but the worst part was when she was applying suntan lotion to her backside and her fingers disappeared! :eek:

TMI :eek::o

Ok so here's 3 that stick out in my mind.

1. One night in the piano bar on the Glory there was a lady (by herself) in her early 50's. She seemed to have turrets as she kept blurting out bits and pieces of words like "popcorn" "airplane" etc etc...when the piano player started playing "American Pie" she started dancing...these college guys started cheering her on and then she stripped down to her bra and panties and started dancing in circles around the piano waving her hands in the air!!!! and yes!!! I have it on video!!!!! it was very disturbing! LOL

2. Also on the Glory (different cruise), I was in line for food on the Lido (lunch) and a few people in front of me were 3 very large women..now on this day they had fried chicken..ok...so the 3 ladies lifted the ENTIRE tray of chicken out of the buffet and took it to a table by the pool and proceeded to eat all of it!!!!!!!!!! I was in disbelief!!!

3. One night in the MDR on the Valor I had some interesting tablemates..The boyfriend was drunk and had a nice mullet too btw....he went to the rest room and his GF ordered for him....so when the food arrived he kept complaining that something was wrong with the chicken and that it didn't taste right....That's when the waiter informed him that it was "Duck"!!!! I died laughing there on the spot!!!!!

hope yall enjoyed!

2. Also on the Glory (different cruise), I was in line for food on the Lido (lunch) and a few people in front of me were 3 very large women..now on this day they had fried chicken..ok...so the 3 ladies lifted the ENTIRE tray of chicken out of the buffet and took it to a table by the pool and proceeded to eat all of it!!!!!!!!!! I was in disbelief!!!

Guess we know why they are 3 very large women.

Hmm.. have been a few. I have to go with a lady on the pride that had one breast out of the side of her swimsuit top and the other pointed up the center of the top sitting on a lounge chair reading a book. It was one of those moments that you walk by and then it registers in your brain so you have to go back and take another look. Sorry I did. I'm still haunted by it 3 years later!!

What was the title of the book the other one was reading? :D

I actually seen someone on the last cruise, come out of the pool.. and his GOODS were not all tucked into his speedo :(

When WILL they every learn!? Check to be sure the goods are in the package!

Edited by MamaTene

This is funny. They must have had their minds on other things.

This thread has made my day. I have been laughing so hard from hearing all these crazy stories.

Here are a few that stick out in my mind.

1.) One time on the NCL Jewel my family and I were sitting by the pool. Then all of a sudden an elderly man in a white speedo came out of the pool. Needless to say, like a wet tee-shirt contest but MUCH MUCH worse, it became see-through...

2.) On the Valor, again by the pool, a girl about 11 or so decided she didn't want her strawberry cone anymore so she threw it off the ship. Strawberry ice cream splattered all over everyone. Her family left immediately, but didn't apologize to anyone.

I have to tell a few on myself from my first cruise when i was only 9 on the NCL Dawn.

1.) We were in the embarking line I saw an elderly woman with blue and green hair that I can still see 7 years later. I loudly told my dad, "Dad, is that old lady with the weird hair going to be on our cruise? I don't want to share a boat with her." (no exactly what i said, but close) She heard me...my dad was so embarresed and squeaked out a sorry.

2.) On the first night I was really sea sick in the MDR. My stepmom and dad told me to go back to the cabin assuming I could find my way back (great parenting guys;)) but turns out i couldn't. Anyways, after aimlessly walking around, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I puked all over the carpet in front of two cabins. It was EVERYWHERE-the doors,the carpet,the walls,me. I don't remember what happened after that. I'm soooo sorry if those where your cabins.

The "buffet line" story on the Norway made me ROFLMAO.

Last year in Cozumel my mother and sister went to one of the Senior Frogs type bars. At some point, a guy decided to do a table dance in his birthday suite until security took him away. The wost part was my mother trying to show me photos and telling me, "meh, I've seen better."

While at Orient Beach, St. Martin, an older gentleman was strolling naked along the edge of the water. He had a pretty big beer belly so we didn't notice until he got closer that he had a TON of genital piercings :eek:! Let's just say that they were all over the region. Every bit was pierced! DH and I joked that it must take him hours to remove them all before going through a metal detector at the airport.;)

I hope they never have to us a defibrillator on this guy, I can smell the scorched skin now..... Can you say OUCH!

Guess we know why they are 3 very large women.

I seen a smilar thing like this on the Glory a couple of years ago but it was with Jerk Chicken. It was 3 or 4 women and they took the entire tray out also. This was the buffet line outside closer to the pool. The staff rom carnival was trying to tell them "no" but they acted like they didn't efven here what they were saying or couldn't understand them or didn't care. But the bad thing about this was they didn't eat it all so most of went to waste

I seen a smilar thing like this on the Glory a couple of years ago but it was with Jerk Chicken. It was 3 or 4 women and they took the entire tray out also. This was the buffet line outside closer to the pool. The staff rom carnival was trying to tell them "no" but they acted like they didn't efven here what they were saying or couldn't understand them or didn't care. But the bad thing about this was they didn't eat it all so most of went to waste

...and they probably complain because the cost of cruising is going up, right? :mad:

On the Saints and Sinners 3 October of 2007 Liberty cruise, there was a large group of family reunion members who all wore orange t-shirts (every day!) and they would push you out of the way and break in front of you and give you evil looks if you came between them and their fried chicken. It was mostly the women who did this. It was scary. :eek:

Once on CCL Fantasy out of Mobile' date=' there was a group of young ladies, early-ish 20s. For unknown reasons a few in the group kept shouting outloud, like WooHoa throughout the trip. We had this group next to us at muster. Though the one beautie didn't look drunk, she was loud. My Dh said she had to have been drinking. She was taking endless pics of everything and shouting the whole time. I didn't bother me, was amusing. I ended up standing right next to her. SHe kept shouting, Hey missy, I see you. or smg like that. The object of her gaze didn't acknowledge her, so I think her companion was embarrassed.

I started pointing out things for her to snap a pic at and she did. I was tempted to ask her if she wanted me to take a pic of her and then pretend to dump her camera overboard, but I didn't.

All around us, kept enduring. The crew must see this sort of thing every now and then. It was amusing to me.

All throughout the 4day cruise, she and her friends were always shouting, like a fog horn. While waiting for the elevator, in the elevators, walking whereever they went. Whoo Hoooo. In the glass elevator, her "friends" kept lifting up her skirt to expose her fanny. She didn't seem to care at all. Watching the elevator go up and seeing the skirt thing was funny, but I didn't smile. I just wondered if that was a group of the 'crazies" I see mentioned on some threads. I dunno.

Never saw that sort of thing before or after this crew. I didn't have to spend too much time around them at all, so what did I care. No one else seemed to notice either. LOL. [/quote']Sounds like Ecstasy if you ask me --as in hi as a kite? on MDMA.. :cool: