The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

#2 *warning content may be disturbing* well, maybe not after reading some of these other stories. Feb 2011 We were on the beach on St Martin, the one near the cruise port right across from all the shops, getting close to when we needed to be back on the ship so the beach was almost empty. I saw a kid about 10 bent over funny, being a mom, I wondered if he was hurt or sick, he saw me looking at him, straighted up and then keep watching me until we passed him. 30 seconds later I turned around to see him bent over again 'emptying the dump truck' right on the beach right in the sand. ............quote]

Reminds me of this about 25 years ago-

Not on a cruise. I was sittiing on Waikiki Beach and a German mother pulled out her toddler's :eek: and helped him pee in the sand. Did I mention his stream landed about a foot from my head? I know Europeans are more liberal than Americans but really, why couldn't she just take him into the water? Or the very close bathroom?

I believe it was when we were on the Liberty. We were walking down the long hallway to our room to place our luggage outside our room as it was our last night on the ship. We noticed several large black garbage bags outside one of the cabins. We thought that would be odd for the room steward to leave trash. Well, to our surprise it was their luggage.:eek: It had masking tape on the bags with their names, address and phone numbers on them. Hmmmm......i about wet my pants and laughed all the way to my room.

I saw the same thing on the Carnival Pride. The poor family in the room next to me had their suitcases run over by one of the forklifts and were crushed. The ship did wash all the clothes and replace what they could from the ship. The purser even gave them a check to replace their luggage, but they would have to do it when they got home. Thank God they lived in Long Beach and did not have to fly with their clothes in big black garbage bags.

I to had an experience with seeing a lady in a bikini. I would say this lady was about 80 and was wearing a very small string bikini, and at one time must have weighed about 200 lbs. because she was all wrinkles and flab. I really felt sorry for her because everyone (including the crew) was laughing at her and many passengers were taking her picture. I have thought about this lady so many times since this cruise and the only thing I can come up with is that she felt proud on losing so much weight and she thought she looked good in that bikini

I believe it was when we were on the Liberty. We were walking down the long hallway to our room to place our luggage outside our room as it was our last night on the ship. We noticed several large black garbage bags outside one of the cabins. We thought that would be odd for the room steward to leave trash. Well, to our surprise it was their luggage.:eek: It had masking tape on the bags with their names, address and phone numbers on them. Hmmmm......i about wet my pants and laughed all the way to my room.

I saw the same thing on the Carnival Pride. The poor family in the room next to me had their suitcases run over by one of the forklifts and were crushed. The ship did wash all the clothes and replace what they could from the ship. The purser even gave them a check to replace their luggage, but they would have to do it when they got home. Thank God they lived in Long Beach and did not have to fly with their clothes in big black garbage bags.

I too had an experience with seeing a lady in a bikini. I would say this lady was about 80 and was wearing a very small string bikini, and at one time must have weighed about 200 lbs. because she was all wrinkles and flab. I really felt sorry for her because everyone (including the crew) was laughing at her and many passengers were taking her picture. I have thought about this lady so many times since this cruise and the only thing I can come up with is that she felt proud on losing so much weight and she thought she looked good in that bikini

In October of 2008 our Saints and Sinners group was on the B2B Fantasy and we were having our group cocktail party in one of the lounges. For some reason' date=' another group was sharing the other half of the lounge for a party of their own and they wound up with three or four fist fights going on and people in their group screaming and cussing at each other. We couldn't leave the lounge without going through their group. We were just about to crash through one of those "Staff Only" doors in the back of the lounge, but then they finally got the fights under control. It was pretty scary.[/quote']

If it would have been the March 2005 cruise on the Fantasy to the Bahamas I could have probably told you the reason......

When business was good my husband would take all of his employees and their significant others on a cruise. In March of 2005 we did the first cruise on the Fantasy. There was a reception scheduled that included free drinks (** a note: there was another group in there with our group just like the previous poster). One of the employees brought his girlfriend and she showed up in her red & white striped bikini (we called her candy cane from that point on). Well candy cane decided she wanted to dance with another woman's husband and got quite friendly on the dance floor. The wife didn't care for this too much and went out on the dance floor and decked candy cane. Then it went downhill from there and there was an all out brawl. My husband rushed me and a couple other ladies out of the area and then went back in to make sure his business partner was OK (which is his dad). Needless to say security showed up and several of the employees had a permanent guard outside their stateroom the remainder of the cruise.

Candy cane wasn't finished causing problems either. The next evening we received a call from guest services wanting to know if they could put her one of our empty rooms (1 couple didn't show for the cruise) because her and her boyfriend were arguing in the halls in their underwear.

We were afraid that Carnival would never allow us to book a group cruise for the company again but we did 3 more cruises after this one (before the housing market tanked). Of course, my husband never let his employee bring candy cane on another cruise!! The other 3 cruises were much less eventful (thank goodness).

Edited by padget01

Last month we sailed on the Dream and headed back to port. We decided to soak in the serenity area hot tubs to avoid the kids. As we rounded the corner a woman was proudly bearing her topless self on a lounge chair! Must have been Orient beach that inspired her....:rolleyes:

Last year on the Carnival Liberty, there was a man that was dressed as a baby the entire time. He had a bonnet and cute dress that he had to wear all day ( yes he changed every day for those that wondered) and he even dressed up in "formal baby wear" for elegant nights. He even had a bottle and all. I kept hearing different versions of why he was dressed like that. One was that he lost a bet or that he would receive $5000 at the end of the cruise if he went through with it. Their was someone with him on the cruise to make sure he went through with it. All in all he appeared to have a good time throughout the entire cruise. I will say that when we docked back in Miami, I saw him for the first time in regular clothes he looked relieved but I will say that the images of him in baby clothes were forever burned in my head.

Bwaahhhaaaa! LOl! That is the BEST photo! Love the socks! He must keep an extra pair in the front pocket of that swimsuit.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Did you guys see him? He was on our Destiny Cruise! I have an even better one of him from the next day-

?view=att&th=12e7239c877ff1ee&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

WHAAA?

As we're getting off our excursion bus in Dominica, we turn around as someone is screaming - Oh my God, NANCY!!!

Family of four, one of the daughters had rearranged her shorts so that she was exposed.

We warn each other now to not commit a Nancy.

While enjoying laying out near the slide area, we noticed 2 crewmen scoop "poo" out of the pool ... and everything went back to normal. No closing of the pool, no extra chlorine added, just scoop it!

I will NEVER swim onboard again!

HAHAHAHAHA!! Did you guys see him? He was on our Destiny Cruise! I have an even better one of him from the next day-

NO!! We missed this one. I can't wait until DH comes home so I can show him the picture.

Bummer. I can't see the second picture--just a red X.

Ok we really had to think hard. At first we were thinking what a dull and boring sea life we were leading. Then it hit us. We were up in the buffet and we thought we saw a dog wearing a dress. Maybe a doll? But surely not a real dog. We looked around and several other people we doing double takes also.

i got up followed the woman with the "dog doll". Sure enough, there was a tiny little dog wearing a dress. Back in the cabin, I called the front desk and said I had seen a dog in a dress in the buffet and if dogs were allowed. After a pause, the man on the desk said he'd check and call me back.

About five minutes later, he rang me back. Well it seems it was a helper dog and yes, the woman had papers for it.

My reply to him was, "And I bet you thought I was nuts when I said I saw a dog in a dress". He hesitated and I said, it's ok. I thought I was also.

That I think will be our contribution to this.

Bryan and Roger, Men@sea.

Last month we sailed on the Dream and headed back to port. We decided to soak in the serenity area hot tubs to avoid the kids. As we rounded the corner a woman was proudly bearing her topless self on a lounge chair! Must have been Orient beach that inspired her....:rolleyes:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

She was in the adult only area, so what was the issue? :confused:

Bwaahhhaaaa! LOl! That is the BEST photo! Love the socks! He must keep an extra pair in the front pocket of that swimsuit.

Couldn't help but laugh at this one. That is until it dawned on me that my Hubby will be the one in the white socks on our next cruise :eek: minus the Speedo, (Thank God!).

I can't remember what cruise this happened on... but there was an older gentleman who spent a LOT of time looking for his wife. We saw him everywhere... wandering and calling out, "Miiiiiiiiiiiildred?!?" We know she existed because we did see them together. Now, whenever we get separated some place we call out.... Miiiiiiiiiiiiiildred!

I seen a smilar thing like this on the Glory a couple of years ago but it was with Jerk Chicken. It was 3 or 4 women and they took the entire tray out also. This was the buffet line outside closer to the pool. The staff rom carnival was trying to tell them "no" but they acted like they didn't efven here what they were saying or couldn't understand them or didn't care. But the bad thing about this was they didn't eat it all so most of went to waste

It must be something about the jerk chicken. On Sensation last year, my DH was waiting behind two ladies to get jerk chicken. There were maybe 10 pieces left. The ladies took all the chicken out the tray. One lady plate was so full a piece fell to the floor. :mad: sad so sad.

One of our many sights has to be on the Golden Princess where wheelchairs have to be pushed up a steep ramp to see the show in the main theatre. While leaving the theatre an elderly gentleman was pushing his wife down the ramp. When the wheelchair hit the metal threshhold, the wheelchair stopped abruptly but she didn't.

We didn't see her husband anywhere near her for the rest of the week!

I wouldn't say shocking but the funniest was last Feb. on the Dream we met this guy during the Super Bowl "party" on the pool deck. He was carrying a pretty little bag and wearing a pretty yellow sundress that and he and another passenger apparently purchased at one of the ports we visited. He was a lot of fun, posed for a lot of pictures, and was able to guzzle a beer in an unusual way. Maybe some of you who sailed then would remember him.