Crown & Anchor?

I have the membership from my first cruise. This is DH first cruise and I'm curious how his membership would work. Would they put us on the same account, or would he have a totally separate account? How would our points count as far as our member level?

He needs his own number and his own account.

As long as you continue to reside at the same address, you will have the same status. In other words, if you cruise several times without him, and achieve Platinum status, he becomes Platinum, too.

So, booking a five night cruise will earn me five points. Going with my husband would be 10 points for the household -- would it be five points on his account and then five points on my account OR 10 points on each account?

Each person earns their own points. So you would earn 5 points on your account and your husband would earn 5 points on his account.

First Off Welcome to cruising:D

As this is the first completed cruise you must complete 5 before you see any change in status in your Crown and Anchor status.

I am not sure why you would want to have a separate account from your husband It will just complicate things. In Cruising you need to keep things as simple as you can sometimes:)

As this is the first completed cruise you must complete 5 before you see any change in status in your Crown and Anchor status.

I am not sure why you would want to have a separate account from your husband It will just complicate things. In Cruising you need to keep things as simple as you can sometimes:)

Thank you! I have already been on one cruise about 8 years ago. It was with RCCL and I set up my membership then. This is DH first cruise and I didn't know if I could put him on my account so our points would stay together or how they counted them. Logically, we are buying 2 fares, so we would earn two sets of points?

Thank you! I have already been on one cruise about 8 years ago. It was with RCCL and I set up my membership then. This is DH first cruise and I didn't know if I could put him on my account so our points would stay together or how they counted them. Logically, we are buying 2 fares, so we would earn two sets of points?

Not sure how you are figuring. Logically, you are EACH paying ONE fare, so you each get one set of points.

No, she must cruise for 38 nights to become Platinum. Or, if RC credited her one cruise properly, she must cruise for thirty MORE nights to become Platinum.

When you have kids they automatically mirror their parents status right?

What happens when they turn 21 and go on cruises by themselves do they keep that status or do they start over?

They keep their their status

When you have kids they automatically mirror their parents status right?

What happens when they turn 21 and go on cruises by themselves do they keep that status or do they start over?

The kids keep the C&A level of their parents, but not the points. So the kids would have to earn the points on their own to get to the next level.

Two accounts. One for you. One for him. You might cruise without him, or he without you. Thus the separate accounts.

Is this absolutely necessary as three of us are cruising together, we each have a membership number and the same points. The only difference is I am the only one with an account.

Is this absolutely necessary as three of us are cruising together, we each have a membership number and the same points. The only difference is I am the only one with an account.

You each have an "account". Only the person cruising can accumulate the points.

What "account" are you referring to? Each person is seperate from the other.

Not sure what you mean by "account".

If you mean a "My Cruises" account on Royal's website, then no one actually needs this type of account to cruise or accumulate points. A "My Cruises" account is useful to look at your C&A status, save potential cruises, enter preferences, etc., but it's not needed to cruise. You can complete online check-in without a "My Cruises" account.

If you mean a Crown & Anchor account, again a C&A account is not necessary to cruise, but whoever wants the perks of C&A must have their own account.

Right, but would we be on one account? and would each of our sets of points be applied to that account?

I think you are getting confused regarding the points & the seperate accounts....Someone else can probably explain this better...but I'll give it a shot...

You each have your own account...your points do NOT combine...if you have 4 & he has 3 that is what you have...the family does NOT have 7.. where it get's confusing is when one person has a higher status with C&A than the other.... THEN the person with the lower status moves up to the same level as their spouse...

While you are onboard you EACH get the benefit of their C&A membership...2 coupon books..

I think you are getting confused regarding the points & the seperate accounts....Someone else can probably explain this better...but I'll give it a shot...

You each have your own account...your points do NOT combine...if you have 4 & he has 3 that is what you have...the family does NOT have 7.. where it get's confusing is when one person has a higher status with C&A than the other.... THEN the person with the lower status moves up to the same level as their spouse...

While you are onboard you EACH get the benefit of their C&A membership...2 coupon books..

Hubby & I cruise together, so on our last cruise we were both Platinum. We took our adult son with us; it was his first cruise, so he had no benefits or privileges.

How it worked for us was:

Checking in: Platinum privileges for the three of us because we were travelling together.

Coupon booklets: 2 Platinum booklets (me & hubby) but none for our son.

On-board benefits: Platinum level for all three of us (bathrobes, etc.) because we were sharing a stateroom.

On-board events: Invitations addressed to me & hubby; however, our son accompanied us and no one denounced us for smuggling him into the party.

Departure: Platinum lounge and early departure for our son. (We were doing a B2B, so we didn't fly home with him.)

If our son joins C&A now, he will have his 9 points from the cruise, and he'll become a Gold Member. We, on the other hand, got our 21 points from the B2B and we are now Diamond. (Hooray!)

In future, if son cruises with us, our Diamond benefits will apply to the three of us as a group, but son will accumulate his own cruise points. If son cruises without us, his benefits will depend on the C&A level that he has achieved.

I hope this real-life example helps folks visualize the difference between accounts and status.

Addressing child's status.

At 18 a child continues adding to thier existing points and keeps their parent's status but, only up to diamond. A few children have slipped thru the cracks and are carrying the D+ without the points but according to C&A, D is the highest level an 18 year old can attain on parents points.

Addressing child's status.

At 18 a child continues adding to thier existing points and keeps their parent's status but, only up to diamond. A few children have slipped thru the cracks and are carrying the D+ without the points but according to C&A, D is the highest level an 18 year old can attain on parents points.

Ah I thought I was missing something after I made my post :p

Thank You

:D

Archived