are junior suites worth it?

hello guys just a quick question for you all, we are intending to do a b2b on allure and wanted to get a junior suite for this trip as we want it to be a great comfortable experience

we normally go for d2 grade balcony cabins so if anyone can let us know the difference between the both of them and if its worth it that would be great :)

Larger cabin/balcony/bathtub/walkin closet/2 cruise credits..worth it..to me yes ;)

Besides being subjective, the price difference varies from ship to ship, sailing to sailing. If you book a D2 ahead of time and the price drops, suddenly that JS might be more worth it.

We were fortunate to be upgraded to a JS on Oasis last year, and it was sooooo nice! There are 4 of us (2 adults/2 young kids). With that said, I just booked Allure and so far we are only booked in a D4. I keep looking to see if the price drops on the JS, but to me I dont know if it's worth it. We honestly weren't in the cabin that much, but have to say it was nice having the walk in closet, extra walking room, and bathtub.

If it's just 2 people, the regular balcony cabins are perfectly fine.

Do you really get 2 cruise credits for a JS (I assume you mean for C&A status purposes)? I thought RCI did not consider it a "real" suite.
Under the new system you get Cruise Points, 1 for each night on board and for suites, including JS you get double Cruise Points. So for a 7 night sailing you'll get 7 points for anything up to a JS and 14 for a JS and other suites.

Boy, we hope it's worth it! We're in one in 3 weeks for our Allure B2B. We had one on our Mariner cruise in 2009, and it was wonderful. And we also got 2 cruise credits then.

After these next 14 days in the JS we'll be Emerald and not all that far away from Diamond.

I noticed it's a Oasis-class JS in the new RCI commercial. Looks nice!

Do you really get 2 cruise credits for a JS (I assume you mean for C&A status purposes)? I thought RCI did not consider it a "real" suite.

Yes..Is there any other purpose?..A JS is "sweet" enough for us unless I can get a sweet deal on a GS or OS...:D

joan, if you could take a few cheeky photos of the suite and post them up when you get back so i could have a look that would be brill :)

You can google Allure Junior Suites Pictures, and there are several out there for you to see. There are also some posted videos:)

Other advantages to suite guests receive (i think this includes junior suites)

1. Special reserved seating at the shows.

2. Special "resort"/beach on Labadee for suite guests only. I didn't see this beach (b/c I didn't have a gold card) but it definitely looked less crowded than the other areas of Labadee.

3. Reserved seating at the pool

Dh and I said that if we ever go on Allure again, we will get a suite. Plus, more space and storage in the room would have helped (and we had a D3 balcony)

2. Special "resort"/beach on Labadee for suite guests only. I didn't see this beach (b/c I didn't have a gold card) but it definitely looked less crowded than the other areas of Labadee.

Dh and I said that if we ever go on Allure again, we will get a suite. Plus, more space and storage in the room would have helped (and we had a D3 balcony)

None of the perks that you posted are part of the JS. Only Grand suites and higher receive those perks.

Junior Suites DO NOT get these benefits you mentioned.

Many like the JS extra space, but we generally find enough space for 2 in a balcony cabin. I'm sure you will enjoy the JS if you decide to book it. We have 363 points and will never attain a higher C&A status so the extra points are not a draw for us.

Enjoy

M

I think the only perk a JS gets is priority embarkation and debarkation. I remember we got to wait in the suite areas at each end of the cruise.

We're both large people and the tub is the draw for us. The double points are helping us get a little closer to diamond, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely NOT a scam. It is what it is. Pay for it or don't. Up to the consumer.

That said, I would not get a JS on Oasis/Allure. Too expensive. If I had more disposable income, maybe I would. Just not worth it right now.

I have a JS on the Enchantment. The price increase is not like it is on this ship and it's our 20th Anniversary and I wanted to do something special.

Archived