How do you carry your passport etc.. on excursions?

ahutchins9

1 hour ago, Jack Puglis said:

It is a personal decision, I agree.  If you read my comments above, my main point is to consider carefully whether you are comfortable not having your passport with you in the case of an emergency (medical problem, traffic accident, robbery/theft, etc.) that causes you to miss the ship's departure.  Personally, I won't be without my passport in a foreign port.

Since I didn't even use a passport for travel until 2015 I'm more than comfortable traveling without it. 

18 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Since I didn't even use a passport for travel until 2015 I'm more than comfortable traveling without it. 

But now you are not on an active duty ID card and orders.

😄

1 hour ago, SRF said:

But now you are not on an active duty ID card and orders.

😄

True enough, but our first several cruises were done without passports and our travel to Canada is typically done sans passport, also. The point is that I am more than comfortable walking around without a passport in a foreign country.😉

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We do the same.  But I truly hate carrying the darn thing so we only do it when necessary.

Hank

Same here - I do carry my passport in Russia (required if entering port and to enter some government buildings) but for most other countries they are stored in our state room or hotel safe (we carry a copy). Like you, a personal preference and I would abhor the hassle of replacing a stolen passport.

BTW - for the past 2 years I have used your method of expired driver's license rather than passport to obtain audio guides in Europe (thanks for that tip as I never would have thought of this). 

Edited by dogs4fun