Dining Room Themes

rcboh

I've noticed that in the dining room people seem to know in advance to wear themed clothing, such as floral shirts, etc. How do they know in advance what the theme is in order to pack the necessary items?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

One way they know is to go to the board for the cruise line they are sailing, where things like this are discussed. Many cruise lines have theme nights that are somewhat standard throughout the cruise line's ships, and people discuss those.

A lot of the themes are more food oritented like, Italian night, French night, etc. If you've narrowed down what line/ship you are going to be on, post on that lines board and I'm sure you will get info on other types of theme nights.

Thanks for your feedback. I should have been more specific. We cruise only on Royal Caribbean and were recently on the Jewel of the Seas and on the last night of the cruise I noticed that nearly all male guests in the dining room wore "Hawaiian" floral shirts. I just wondered how they knew in advance what to pack.

Same as you now know that on the last night on Jewel of the Seas lots of men wore Hawaiian floral shirts on your cruise. They observed it, someone told them or they read it here on CC. :) If you were to return to Jewel of the Seas and like the look of those shirts, perhaps you would choose to pack one.

Archived