Price Drop Automatically?

CleoPat

Has anyone ever gone to make their final payment only to discover that it is less than it was originally??? I just went to make my final payment and the summary of charges shows a credit!! A weird amount too. Total for two people credit is $166.48.... Are they doing price drops automatically to people who are already booked before final payment so they don't get any phone calls:confused:

Has anyone ever gone to make their final payment only to discover that it is less than it was originally??? I just went to make my final payment and the summary of charges shows a credit!! A weird amount too. Total for two people credit is $166.48.... Are they doing price drops automatically to people who are already booked before final payment so they don't get any phone calls:confused:

I'm not aware of any automatic price drops. I'd call whoever you booked the cruise with and get an explanation.

I always book directly with RCI through their website. Before making final payment today I made like I was doing a new booking to see if there had been a price drop and there wasn't any that I could see. It looked like all the cabins on my deck were booked. So I went to make the final payment and the summary shows "other options" with a minus amount in it. I had oridinally used a savings certificate. Maybe there is a Florida resident discount now that I don't know about. I made the final payment, so I'm not calling anyone. Just wondered since they changed their website, and their policy regarding price drops, if this is a new feature online.

P.S. I just noticed that the price they are showing online is the price I originally paid with the certificate, so I guess there was a price drop and they applied my certificate to it and it made it less and then the taxes are less, so that's why it's a weird amount. It's good to know that once you apply a certificate and there's a price drop, it automatically corrects itself:)

P.S. I just noticed that the price they are showing online is the price I originally paid with the certificate, so I guess there was a price drop and they applied my certificate to it and it made it less and then the taxes are less, so that's why it's a weird amount. It's good to know that once you apply a certificate and there's a price drop, it automatically corrects itself:)

Taxes are not a percentage. They are a set amount no matter what category you book.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, well, I'm not going to question what it is then, but I'm sure happy I got some sort of price drop;)

I would, if I were you. Their website has been known to error out and show something that is not reflected in their internal system. Depending on how much your cruise is, that $166 could result in a cancelled reservation or a balance due at the pier. I would call and find out what happened lest you end up with more stress than it is worth.

Did you have FCCs applied?

I would, if I were you. Their website has been known to error out and show something that is not reflected in their internal system. Depending on how much your cruise is, that $166 could result in a cancelled reservation or a balance due at the pier. I would call and find out what happened lest you end up with more stress than it is worth.

Did you have FCCs applied?

I made final payment and am doing my set sail pass with no problem. My account shows zero amount due. If they want money at the port, so be it. For now it stays the way it is. What is an FCC?

RCI does not automatically give price drops. Perhaps the price is with your savings certificate applied and maybe a drop or increase in taxes to give you the odd $ amount but they do not automatically check your reservation and just give you a price drop. There is an explanation other than that for the difference in what you thought you should pay. I'd call and check because they can cancel you - even if they're wrong.

RCI does not automatically give price drops. Perhaps the price is with your savings certificate applied and maybe a drop or increase in taxes to give you the odd $ amount but they do not automatically check your reservation and just give you a price drop. There is an explanation other than that for the difference in what you thought you should pay. I'd call and check because they can cancel you - even if they're wrong.

How can they cancel me when it shows I've paid in full and have a set sail pass? Wouldn't they have to tell me they are cancelling for non payment:confused:

A similar thing happened to me a few months ago. It was AFTER final payment. I received a $52 (and change) credit on my credit card from RCCL! There were no issues when I showed up for the Allure sailing. The only thing I can think of....the taxes/port charges per person decreased by roughly $25 per person, so perhaps they refunded the difference. But, when I noticed the charges had decreased, I called RCCL and they stated that they don't refund taxes/port charges because it's like any product....you pay the tax rate in effect at the time of purchase. Fair enough. But, then why the $52 credit? Who cares, it was nice to receive the credit!

I made final payment and am doing my set sail pass with no problem. My account shows zero amount due. If they want money at the port, so be it. For now it stays the way it is. What is an FCC?

A Future Cruise Credit (issued for incidents onboard a past sailing). You can do your set sail pass even if a balance is due on the booking. If the website says you owe, it will not allow you to print the pass but if there is a communication error between RCI's internal system and the website, you may even be able to print it.

I don't see why you wouldn't call. They honestly can cancel your reservation which would be much worse than owing at the pier.

How can they cancel me when it shows I've paid in full and have a set sail pass? Wouldn't they have to tell me they are cancelling for non payment:confused:

Because their internal system may not show it paid in full. Cancellations due to a balance due do not require notification. They may reach out to you, but are not obligated to do so. I would not risk it.

If it was a small amount (up to about $50) I would say don't worry. But $166 is too high to be a tax reduction and too high to be a savings certificate.

If you choose not to call, check every day until the cruise that it was not eliminated...if it gets eliminated call and ask why? They should then restore your cruise...may or may not get the same cabin etc...

I tend to lean towards it is a big enough amount I'd call and ask to be sure...if they say all is cool, record who you spoke with date and time in case they happen to be wrong.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you choose not to call, check every day until the cruise that it was not eliminated...if it gets eliminated call and ask why? They should then restore your cruise...may or may not get the same cabin etc...

I tend to lean towards it is a big enough amount I'd call and ask to be sure...if they say all is cool, record who you spoke with date and time in case they happen to be wrong.

Enjoy your cruise.

I think I'll email them instead. I'll ask if they can confirm that I have a zero balance. Then when they answer I'll print out the reply email as my proof.;)

I think I'll email them instead. I'll ask if they can confirm that I have a zero balance. Then when they answer I'll print out the reply email as my proof.;)

Or just call them and ask them to please email you a confirmation of your cruise. Don't ask or say anything else, once you say that hang up and just ask please send it asap.

They won't even question it then since you will already be off the phone, if you email them they will have more time to study your reservation. You don't want that.

When they send you an email confirmation, it will be dated, and that should be all you should need, and will clear this all up in about 10 minutes, also the $166.48 credit might be coded and one of the travel agents on here will be able to tell you exactly why you got it.

Jimbo:)

Or just call them and ask them to please email you a confirmation of your cruise. Don't ask or say anything else, once you say that hang up and just ask please send it asap.

They won't even question it then since you will already be off the phone, if you email them they will have more time to study your reservation. You don't want that.

When they send you an email confirmation, it will be dated, and that should be all you should need, and will clear this all up in about 10 minutes, also the $166.48 credit might be coded and one of the travel agents on here will be able to tell you exactly why you got it.

Jimbo:)

I had already emailed them. It took a couple of days for a response but I did get one that said that they were confirming that I "called and made final payment" I never called to make final payment. I made final payment online:cool: Whatever....at least I have it in writing now that I have made final payment on reservation #-----.:p

fwiw, I was 'paid in full' and I was asked to pay a difference owed at the port. It was a small amount, but I was dismayed to find the mistake.

I had the same thing happen in San Juan 3 years ago...they had to make a call to Miami to check it out...turned out I owed nothing as I had said and documentation showed....but....I didn't get any apology from the staff

I had the same thing happen in San Juan 3 years ago...they had to make a call to Miami to check it out...turned out I owed nothing as I had said and documentation showed....but....I didn't get any apology from the staff

Same thing happened to me at FLL last year, and I had paid in full paperwork. They called Miami and said that they would waive the balance. But it was embarrassing with a group of 30! No apology either!

My reservation showed the same thing today...I gave them a call...turns out the system cancelled my prepaid grats ( a glitch) and was giving me a credit for that....I asked the girl to switch it back to the way it was....perhaps this is what has happened in your case

My reservation showed the same thing today...I gave them a call...turns out the system cancelled my prepaid grats ( a glitch) and was giving me a credit for that....I asked the girl to switch it back to the way it was....perhaps this is what has happened in your case

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll have to look into that! That's the best answer so far. I'll keep everyone posted.:)

Archived