Balcony question

Sharon I

Hi

I am sure that this questions has been asked before but here goes: If you have adjoining rooms and they are both balcony rooms, can you have the partition removed between the two balconies?

Thanks to whom ever can aswer this for me. We are sailing on RCCL if that matters.

Sharon I

We almost always have rooms next to each other - always balconies. To answer your question - it really depends. Sometimes they have opened the dividers for us - sometimes not. The last answer I got from RCCL when I asked why we could not open the divider was that "It is up to the Captain if he will allow it or not - and this Captain does not allow it."

I don't know if that is true or not - but that's the answer we got.

Sorry....you still don't know any more than you did before you asked the question - but at least you know "Maybe" for an answer.

I hope they do it for you. It really makes it nice when they do.

Have Fun!!:D

Would you care to explain why you say these are convenient rooms, we wondered when we booked if we were picking the right rooms or not. Does being on either side of the hump limit the view from your balcony in anyway? That is my biggest fear.

Sharon I

We've had it removed and we've been told it was not allowed, as the Captain had final word. Some of the dividers on some decks and some ships cannot be removed. You won't really know for sure until you are onboard and the room steward tells you what the decision will be for that sailing. Sorry, but I don't want you to be disappointed. We would have loved to have had it removed on our last cruise, but it certainly didn't ruin the cruise for us.

We've had it removed and we've been told it was not allowed, as the Captain had final word. Some of the dividers on some decks and some ships cannot be removed.

On Serenade, they are fixed and cannot be moved. The Captain has nothing to do with it on this ship.

Archived