Guaranteed balcony on Oasis of the seas--assigned a connecting stateroom

smithblat

I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on the oasis of the seas and just looked and was assigned a connecting stateroom. It is just me and my wife cruising and I was wondering if people have had experiences with connecting staterooms who did not need them. Pro's/Con's would be great. Do you think this can still change given that we are not cruising until June? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Craig

You can call and see if they have the same catagory that's not connecting...but in reality, you shouldn't have any issues with it....the door will remain locked...just like in hotels that have connecting rooms.

We've been assigned connecting cabins on 2 of the gtd cruises we've booked. Never a real issue on either one of them. I always thought they would assign these cabins for families that wanted that connecting door and offered to move, both times they said no.

I am worried about the same thing on our upcoming Disney Dream cruise. We are GTY and the Dream has a LOT of connecting cabins. I really do not want one but probably will get a connecting room. I worry about noise issues. In hotels we never book a connecting room because in the past we had major problems with noise coming right under the door. You could hear everything our neighbors were saying - like they were in the same room. I really worry about that on a cruise, although I've never had a connecting room on a ship.

I booked a Guaranteed Balcony on the oasis of the seas and just looked and was assigned a connecting stateroom. It is just me and my wife cruising and I was wondering if people have had experiences with connecting staterooms who did not need them. Pro's/Con's would be great. Do you think this can still change given that we are not cruising until June? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Craig

Be aware of the veranda or bath bed configurations on Oasis & Allure.

A key to the answer because, surprisingly, RCL can't specific-room answer,

is to stand in the hallway in front of adjoining rooms. The room on the right

has the beds at the veranda and they are at the bath in the left room. Configurations

alternate accordingly in neighboring rooms.

Beds at the veranda are preferred because they do not block closet access.

Archived