Flying into MIA Cruising from FLL

Cras108er

I am sure this has been asked before, but Our cruise leaves out of FLL. Flights are cheaper into MIA. How much would it cost for two people to get to FLL from the Miami airport and what's the best way? Time is not an issue. Thanks.

We have done this several times before. Once we got in later to MIA and stayed near the airport and had SAS transport take us to the port the next day. We had a party of 5 so the shuttle worked out better than a limo or cab. The other time we got in earlier and stayed near Port Everglades. We used Larry's Limos to take us from the MIA to our hotel. Cost was $85, but not that much more than a cab. I think it really depends on what time you get into MIA. More to do around Port Everglades than MIA airport, but if you get in late.....

Tim

I regularly fly to Miami because of cheaper fares/better flight choices when sailing from FLL. Because we fly a day early to avoid stress and possible delays, we rent a car at Miami airport, drive to FLL (where motels are less expensive) have the car for local transportation, drop it off at FLL airport (rental is usually $40-$50) and taxi to cruise terminal - maybe $15-$20.

I regularly fly to Miami because of cheaper fares/better flight choices when sailing from FLL. Because we fly a day early to avoid stress and possible delays, we rent a car at Miami airport, drive to FLL (where motels are less expensive) have the car for local transportation, drop it off at FLL airport (rental is usually $40-$50) and taxi to cruise terminal - maybe $15-$20.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if there was a drop off charge. This seems like the best option for us. I like having access to a car for local transportation.

I was also wondering the same thing. We will be going on a cruise over Christmas and the flights, right now are four times as much as last November. Our son is joining us and he teaches and doesn't get out that Friday until 1 or so, then we have 2 hours to the airport. Right now all teh airlines have not published their flights for that date yet but there aren't a lot early evening. I want to go the day before especially with the early snow we got this year.

If you would do Miami, what the ealiest you can get back to Miami going home.'

Sorry - don't mean to steal your post. I'll check out the FL departure board.

I have a medical thing and am unable to drive so I have found another option. If you have time and would rather save your money for a massage or your bar tab, the TRI Rail, a nice public train system runs from Miami, north all the way to Palm Beach (or further). It's a quick taxi hop from the airport, then a nice comfortable ride and you get off at Delray Beach (I'm pretty sure - check it out). A cab ride can take you to the pier. If I drove, I'd rent a car in Miami and return it in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived