Perks of a suite on Eurodam...worth it for two?

flagger

I am going to be returning to Eurodam with my wife this time in November for a business meeting and convention. Though it is just the two of us, we are considering a Superior Suite for a variety of reasons. We have cruised in all categories of staterooms but suites on a variety of lines.

Other than the space and the concierge and the Neptune Lounge, what other perks have you experienced staying in a suite on Eurodam? Did you find it worth it? Have you ever stayed in a suite with just two people?

I look forward to your answers.

I am going to be returning to Eurodam with my wife this time in November for a business meeting and convention. Though it is just the two of us, we are considering a Superior Suite for a variety of reasons. We have cruised in all categories of staterooms but suites on a variety of lines.

Other than the space and the concierge and the Neptune Lounge, what other perks have you experienced staying in a suite on Eurodam? Did you find it worth it? Have you ever stayed in a suite with just two people?

I look forward to your answers.

Hi Chuck, just to clarify - will you be staying in a Superior Verandah Suite (you say Superior which is why I ask) or a deluxe verandah suite?

There is a big difference - aside from the real estate, the Deluxe Verandah Suites have the concierge and Neptune Lounge. Superior Verandah Suites do NOT have the usage of the Neptune Lounge & concierge there, but they do have 24 hour concierge service by phone.

Dh and I love the suites. Just two people? that's perfect IMO :)

Let us know which option you are looking at.

There are other goodies that go with a Deluxe. The Superior is primarily real estate - very nice rooms. We'll wait to hear from you.

HAL calls many cabin categories "suites", but they all do not get the amenities of the Deluxe Verandah Suites. Only SA, SB, and SC get to use the Neptune Lounge and the concierge and other deluxe perks. Superior Suites do not.

Check out the Stateroom descriptions for the Eurodam on the HAL website and there is a list of amenities under each category. Calling several categories "suites" with different amenities for different categories has always caused a great deal of confusion and in some cases disappointment after boarding for many pax, so check now before deciding what it is you want to book.

Sorry to clarify, this would be a Deluxe. Sorry, new to HAL get the categories reversed. This DOES have the Neptune access. My question is did you find the perks worth it? The space for us is just gravy though our time in a our room on a business trip is limited so it would almost be wasted. We just want to experience it honestly for many reasons.

Sorry to clarify, this would be a Deluxe. Sorry, new to HAL get the categories reversed. This DOES have the Neptune.

good :) good :) great :)

Deluxe Verandahs are absolutely awesome. You will have the Neptune Lounge and it is wonderful. concierge takes care of absolutely everything, shore excursion, restaurant reservations, on board account, whatever.

No need to go to the front desk.

Great real estate - nice big balcony and lots of room in the suite. Easy to do in room dining whereever you want - balcony or the room.

I love the dressing room area - makes it so easy for you both to get ready.

Neptune lounge has a terrific coffee machine. In the morning you will be able to get continental breakfast if you wish, in the afternoon, lunch munchies and then hors d'hoeuvres.

Wifi is also in the Neptune lounge.

You will be able to eat breakfast in the pinnacle grill which is very relaxing IMO and we enjoy it very much (one of your perks).

Free laundry - drycleaning, pressing, etc. - a great perk.

Of course there is the usual suite party with the captain and officers (most times) and a special suite luncheon (most times).

Dh and I got upsold a deluxe verandah several cruises ago and since then we haven't been able to go back.

IMO they are definitely worth it :):)

The answer to 'is it worth it' is a personal decision and you will get yes and no answers. To DH and me it is definetely worth it! Love the Neptune, love the concierge, love the large cabin, love the large verandah, love the unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. We always book a Dlx Suite for all those reasons and more.

Prepare yourself though if you do book a deluxe. You will never be able to go back to anything else! :D

Once you stay in a SA suite, you can't go back.

Love the Neptune Lounge.

The free laundry and dry cleaning makes the packing lighter and you go home with less dirty clothes.

Space is wonderful - no cramp feeling

enjoy

we will be on the Westerdam in a week and in a SA

New to HAL--will be in a superior suite this fall. What exactly does "24 hour telephone concierge" mean? What would that be used for? Thanks much--sorry to sound like such a dunce! (-:

An operator on the other end of the line who will do for you what the Neptune Lounge Concierge does for the Deluxe Verandah /Penthouse Suite Passengers in person.

What you do not get is the relaxing ambiance of the Lounge itself or the free goodies that go with it.

The 24 hour concierge will assist you with reservations, etc. Others without the 24 hour Concierge or Neptune Lounge have to go to the front desk and stand in line to get the same services.

Joanie

Thanks for your answers. We have done balconies and moved to insides and oceanviews. It will just be nice to give the suite life a try come November.

Have a great time Chuck - hard not to in the suites ;)

Sorry to clarify, this would be a Deluxe. Sorry, new to HAL get the categories reversed. This DOES have the Neptune access. My question is did you find the perks worth it? The space for us is just gravy though our time in a our room on a business trip is limited so it would almost be wasted. We just want to experience it honestly for many reasons.

Yes, We think the Deluxe Veranda Suites worth the considerably higher cost. We love those cabins and have enjoyed 5 Eurodam cruises in the same "SA" suite.

What is worth a particular price to me may not be to someone else. Everyone has to decide for themselves. Some people have the means but would prefer to be in a more economical cabin. You know what suits you more than any of us can possibly know. :)

As others have said, it is a personal decision and what "worth it" means to you. We like the deluxe suites for the extra room and the larger balconies. We don't use the Neptune Lounge as much as others but it is nice to pop in there for an espresso or bring coffee and treats back to the cabin. We like the free laundry but don't have breakfast in the Pinnacle because we are up at the crack of dawn and eat early. Even though we don't take advantage of "all" the amenities, it is "worth it" to us.

Barbara

The first time we walked into the Neptune Lounge, DH and I wondered what all the fuss was about. It was just a room. No big deal. Ok, so there were a few nice nibbles, and oh, look! There was the coffee machine everyone talks about...

Two days later? Oh, my! How did we ever manage without the Neptune Lounge? We would find ourselves wandering in just to say hello to the concierge and ask about her day!

There is a "feeling" to that room that grows on you, in addition to all the wonderful things that happen there. :)

We booked our first deluxe suite back before there was a Neptune Lounge and pretty much most of today's perks and fell in love with the cabin. Certainly the NP and perks are nice but the cabin and the veranda are still our major reason for booking a deluxe.

Definitely worth it.

It changes one's entire outlook on a cruise when one doesn't have to deal with w/ lines at the front desk/shore excursion office/spa for every little thing...

...and skipping the Lido Restaurant in favor of the Pinnacle & Neptune for breakfast, snacks & coffee/tea (and much better grade tea too!) is an especially enjoyable perk.

We booked our first deluxe suite back before there was a Neptune Lounge and pretty much most of today's perks and fell in love with the cabin. Certainly the NP and perks are nice but the cabin and the veranda are still our major reason for booking a deluxe.

We sailed on Rotterdam VI her Inaugural Season in an "S" cabin and that was the first Neptune Lounge in the fleet. We had been sailing the Statendam Class ships in "S" suites prior to Rotterdam and none of them had a Neptune at that time. Then Amsterdam joined the fleet and only the two 'flag ships' had the Neptune. We used to be disappointed going back to the other ships after enjoying the Neptune on the 'flags'. We were thrilled when they added Neptune Lounges to all the ships. :)

One of the nicest amenities that accrue to the "S" suites IMO.

I don't call it a perk as it is definitely paid for and included in our fares. ;)

I enjoyed being in an SA on my recent trip, especially being right across from the Neptune Lounge. It really isn't that fancy and I was surprised at how small it was. For some reason, I thought the furniture would be more stylish. I wish it stayed open later at night for more expresso.

But, I sure enjoyed the coffee machine and the canapes (never tried any of the sweets). I never ate in the Pinnacle (didn't want to spend that much time eating breakfast) and never used the laundry service. It was nice being able to use the concierge for reservations and such.

The cabin was very roomy and of course I loved the balcony.

I'm booked on a RCL cruise in Nov. and it will be interesting to see the difference in the two suite lounges. RCL's I think is open 24 hours and also has complimentary happy hour every night.

Definitely worth it.

It changes one's entire outlook on a cruise when one doesn't have to deal with w/ lines at the front desk/shore excursion office/spa for every little thing...

...and skipping the Lido Restaurant in favor of the Pinnacle & Neptune for breakfast, snacks & coffee/tea (and much better grade tea too!) is an especially enjoyable perk.

We have an SA booked for 3/19, have also booked a Retreat Cabana, ships services said that we will not have the cabana assignment until we board, is this "a line we can skip" by asking our concierge or do we have to go to the cabana area or elsewhere ? :confused: Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. Thanks :)

We have an SA booked for 3/19, have also booked a Retreat Cabana, ships services said that we will not have the cabana assignment until we board, is this "a line we can skip" by asking our concierge or do we have to go to the cabana area or elsewhere ? :confused: Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. Thanks :)

We haven't booked the cabana, but the suites - I would definitely make the neptune lounge my first stop to see if the concierge can take care of this for you. I bet they just have to make a phone call.

I would definitely give this a shot as i haven't seen anything yet that they couldn't take care of. Have a great cruise :):)

We haven't booked the cabana, but the suites - I would definitely make the neptune lounge my first stop to see if the concierge can take care of this for you. I bet they just have to make a phone call.

I would definitely give this a shot as i haven't seen anything yet that they couldn't take care of. Have a great cruise :):)

Thanks, will do and yes we will have a great cruise!!:D

Archived