aNYONE ELSE FINDING THIS SITE IS GETTING SLOWER?

slipslopslap

Anyone else finding this site to be slower and slower? Or is it just me? If others are experiencing the problems I'm having and the slowness I'm experiencing maybe it's time for them to get a bigger server.

I find the site much slower in the evenings.

It's a better speed in the mornings , which doesn't make any sense, I know :confused:

I have also had problems with CC recently. Freezing, taking forever to load pages etc. I keep closing then re-opening which sometimes helps.

Someone on here mentioned the site runs quicker if you aren't logged in. I tried it but didn't notice much difference.

I have also had problems with CC recently. Freezing, taking forever to load pages etc. I keep closing then re-opening which sometimes helps.

Someone on here mentioned the site runs quicker if you aren't logged in. I tried it but didn't notice much difference.

This site is just so... slow for me? I am on a fast speed connection with no problems on any other site?

I know it can be a bit slower when you post but my problem is just trying to look at other posts and new threads?

I've been on here for years and it has always been infuriatingly slow - at least 60% of the time. The rest of the time, it's fine. I frequently write a post then dump it because it takes so long for pages to load. Doesn't seem to matter night/day... it's 6:24 a.m. right now, and I've already dumped one response I wrote. We'll see if this one makes it.

CC administrator - any comments?

This site is just so... slow for me? I am on a fast speed connection with no problems on any other site?

I know it can be a bit slower when you post but my problem is just trying to look at other posts and new threads?

Just had to re-post as my connection on this site has been really fast for the past 30 minutes or so. Typical LOL:o

I also find the site horrendously slow sometimes, and I agree that it seems to be getting worse recently. Closing down and reloading helps sometimes, but not always. Sometimes it's so bad I just give up and go and do some work :)

Glad to know it isn't always me! I find the CC site slowest @ 6pm EST- last year I received a malware infection when I was surfing here in that timeframe:mad:. DH had to totally shutdown my laptop configurations and re-register it to get rid of the problem.

No changes noted here. Do those of you who are experiencing problems find that you are seeing any differences on other sites you regularly visit?

Not usually, but I find this site slow with some of the same things occurring that others have mentioned above, timing out etc. I agree, it seems to be better in the morning rather than after 4:00 pm, EST. Too many CC'ers!:rolleyes:

I am not a computer geek but wonder if it has to do with memory overload. Personally I think CC should delete roll calls a month or so after the cruise ends. Do we really need to keep open roll calls on cruises that took place in 2008? Those roll calls simply become friends talking about their day to day lives and usually have no importance or information pertaining to a cruise.

I am not a computer geek but wonder if it has to do with memory overload. Personally I think CC should delete roll calls a month or so after the cruise ends. Do we really need to keep open roll calls on cruises that took place in 2008? Those roll calls simply become friends talking about their day to day lives and usually have no importance or information pertaining to a cruise.

Valid point. I have seen several future Roll Calls just for the Eclipse, one for the TA in April that is 50+ pages and one for December that is already 18 pages. There must be tens of thousands of old roll call pages they can delete. Wonder how hard it would be?

I find it slow too. Sometimes it is okay for the first few pages I load and then it gets really slow.

It is definately CC's server. I have a very fast internet connection and I just did an online check while logged in to CC at another site and was getting a download speed of 32Mbps. It seems to be worse at this time of day...about 2:40 EST. OK, CC people, time to check your server.

Geez - it just took almost a minute to get to reply to this!

I just recently bought a new Apple computer - have been so pleased with it's total speediness after having a 10 year old monster.

Glad to know it's not me.

Archived