What would you do? (cabin upgrade)

Amy G

We were not going to cruise this year, but when we saw such a great deal on the Crown we could not pass it up. We agreed to do it cheap, and book an inside cabin, midship. Well, I keep looking at prices and for a grand total of $80 I can upgrade to a obstructed oceanview guarantee room. Should I do it? :) I worry that the $80 will be a waste if I get a room with a fully obstructed room, you know?

We were not going to cruise this year, but when we saw such a great deal on the Crown we could not pass it up. We agreed to do it cheap, and book an inside cabin, midship. Well, I keep looking at prices and for a grand total of $80 I can upgrade to a obstructed oceanview guarantee room. Should I do it? :) I worry that the $80 will be a waste if I get a room with a fully obstructed room, you know?

It will be pot luck whether you get a fully obstructed or better. Stick with the inside.

If you'd be happy with a fully obstructed room for $80 more take it and hope for an upgrade. If it would disappoint you to be in the obstructed room having paid $80 more pass on it.

I would never pay more for something I'd be unhappy with if an upgrade didn't come along. Only you can decide if you think the $80 is worth it.

Well, I tried to upgrade with no luck! The cabins were all waitlisted, so I guess I will just stick with my inside cabin. It will force us to not be in there except to shower and sleep. :)

Sorry it did not work out for you. One thing for others to consider is that when we switched from an inside guarantee to an obstructed view guarantee, our on-board credit for having put down our deposit on a previous cruise doubled. We ended up paying less for our cabin after figuring in the credit.

Sorry it did not work out for you. One thing for others to consider is that when we switched from an inside guarantee to an obstructed view guarantee, our on-board credit for having put down our deposit on a previous cruise doubled. We ended up paying less for our cabin after figuring in the credit.

Ah, those FCC's are a wonderful thing!

Opinions-Did I make a misstake?? Just changed from mid ship on Baja deck on the Emerald to aft on Caribe deck. Did i make right decision? Paid about $75 more after subtracted some discounts. Heard cabin and balcony larger. Usually do spend time on balcony. We will be doing Scandanavia/Russia in June. Thanks,Elaine

Opinions-Did I make a misstake?? Just changed from mid ship on Baja deck on the Emerald to aft on Caribe deck. Did i make right decision? Paid about $75 more after subtracted some discounts. Heard cabin and balcony larger. Usually do spend time on balcony. We will be doing Scandanavia/Russia in June. Thanks,Elaine

Elaine, I think you made a good move.the caribe balcony is half covered half uncovered and twice as big as baja deck....I have been midship and aft and have not felt a difference in movement ...cabin size is the same..have fun sounds like a great itinerary........

Archived