Best time to board?

My seapass says boarding is at 2 pm, but I read others' reviews saying you can board earlier. We'd like to get on as soon as possible but would preferably like to avoid a time when there will be a lot of people looking to board early as well.

Any suggestions for a good time to board that is still relatively early, but less likely to be crowded?

We have boarded as early as 11 am. although you wont be able to use your room until it is "turned around" cleaned etc., you can still enjoy the ship. We usually pack a bathingsuit in our carry-on and sun bathe by the pool for a few hours if we are not exploring the ship. The boarding process has been streamlined to the point that no matter when you arrive to board, the process takes all of about 15 minutes at the most.

We arrived at 12:15 pm for our 2/27 Allure cruise. Dropped bags, went through security, checked-in and boarded in about 10 minutes. We were having those great roast beef sandwiches in the Park Cafe by 12:30. Rooms were available just as we finished lunch.

Had the Flowrider almost to myself in the afternoon.

Lou

Boarding onto The Allure is really well organised and they claim a 15 min kerb to ship check in, from my experience they achive this at most times. The only hold up is when people arrive before the ship has been cleared for embatkation, after that staright through. The ship normally opens for embarkation about 11.30. so we arrive around that time.

We have boarded as early as 11 am. although you wont be able to use your room until it is "turned around" cleaned etc., you can still enjoy the ship. We usually pack a bathingsuit in our carry-on and sun bathe by the pool for a few hours if we are not exploring the ship. The boarding process has been streamlined to the point that no matter when you arrive to board, the process takes all of about 15 minutes at the most.

I will give a "ditto" "+1" and a "Me too" to this one on every cruise I have done so far. And everything I read, and heard agrees with that last statement, I was planning on getting in a cab or hotel shuttle at 11, putting me at the port at 11:30, but I may try to get there at 11. Even if I'm too early and have to wait, I can take pictures :)

Yeah I'm not worried about waiting to get on board, I too will just take pictures to pass the time. For our up-coming cruise, I could only get a direct flight in just before 10am, so it will be hop in the cab, get to the terminal and stare at the marvel for some time before they let us on... I'm OK with that!!

I think whatever time you get to the port there is never more then a 10-15 minute wait to go onboard and officially "start" your cruise vacation!

Boarding process is smooth. There are plenty of agents to print out your seapass; It took my wife and I 20 minutes total; from check in, to security, to pictures, to getting on gangway. Whatever time you show up; plan on 20-30min time.

Archived