Mariner Deck 6 balcony cabins, reviews?

We booked adjoining balcony cabins Mariner in the "hump" area. I have since read one review site that stated that the 6th deck cabins are some of the worst on the Mariner. Any experience out there? Cruise is Sept, I could probably change cabins.

We were recently in a deck 6 port aft balcony cabin (with adjoining room) on the Mariner and we were very happy with this cabin.

Not sure what others would find different as all the Mariner balconies seem to have unobstructed views.

I haven't been on the Mariner for a while (but we sailed on her 3x when she home ported out of Port Canaveral). Deck 6 is a GREAT deck - accessable to everything and a quick run to the Cafe Promenade for a snack/coffee.

Deck 6 is an ideal location on Mariner! We loved our balcony cabin there - close to the water and close to the Promenade.

The first generation Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer and Adventure) have a deck 6 balcony issue. The front of the balconies on those ships are made of steel - on deck 6 it is totally steel, but on the other decks the steel doesn't come up as high and it is topped with glass so you have a wider view.

This is not an issue on Navigator and Mariner because all of the balcony fronts are totally glass.

• 1 month later...

Continuing with the Mariner, we too are looking at deck 6-8 balcony. Thinking about the May 1 crossing in 2012 from Miami to Rome. My research is showing the starboard side from Miami to Rome as the sunny side. But someone else said the port side is less windy? At some point both sides will have sun but the wind is scaring me a little. I no you can't perdict anything, but what is the concensus of the side. Also, some say that the transatlantic (reposition) in this case the ship is run even more on a budget and not the usually cruise that runs consistently. Oh, and one more question if I might. I think the Mariner is in drydock just before this May 1, 2012 cruise. Anybody been on the first cruise out of drydock. Sorry for all the questions but I maybe booking today and very excited and nervous at the same time. You know what I mean. Thanks in advance.

We booked adjoining balcony cabins Mariner in the "hump" area. I have since read one review site that stated that the 6th deck cabins are some of the worst on the Mariner. Any experience out there? Cruise is Sept, I could probably change cabins.

Here's a link to a deck by deck comparison of cabins on Mariner

http://*****************/royal-caribbean/mariner-of-the-seas/cabin-selection

The link won't work it seems, but here's what it said regarding deck 6 on Mariner:

Deck 6 – Upper Deck

******************** Warning: Some cabins on this deck may have potential problems.

Along this entire deck, you should be aware that a main drag of the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas runs beneath your cabin. However, with the exception of the main lounge more forward on Deck 5, and the top tier of the main dining room aft, most of the cabins will not have much of a noise issue because late night entertainment for the most part is two decks below.

Staterooms including luxurious accommodations aft on the Mariner's Deck 6 (6364-6694) are just above the main dining room. There could be noise during dining hours and during the clean-up after each meal. For dinner, the last diners usually exit by 10:30 and there is likely to some noise from the clean-up (vacuum cleaners) as late as 11:30. Given that most people don't get back to their cabins to after 11 PM, this shouldn't be a substantial issue. Breakfast typically starts in the main dining room at 7:30 AM, so, you might hear some noise above starting then. But, few people go to the main dining room for breakfast, so, this should not be a major issue.

Forward, inside cabins 6533, 6133, 6233, 6535, 6135, 6235, and 6237 are closest to having any noise issues from the main lounge beneath which does feature live music. If you are light sleeper, you may prefer to find a cabin elsewhere on the ship, bring earplugs, or a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone – produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).

Forward, 6500 and 6200 are Family Ocean View Staterooms which are more spacious than typical ocean view cabins. Family accommodations are in in short supply and are very popular given their attractive sleeping arrangements. They sell out very quickly, so it is best to book early to get a family cabin. Additionally, you will likely not to be permitted to reserve a family cabin unless you have a certain number of people you are booking into that cabin on Deck 6 of the Mariner of the Seas.

Port side and starboard, all exterior staterooms are either Superior Ocean View Staterooms or Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms. (Superior Ocean View Staterooms are a bit more spacious and have slightly larger balconies than Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms.)

Promenade interior staterooms, port side 6553-6611 and starboard 6253-6311, are all slightly larger than average inside cabins and have a view of the Royal Promenade through bowed windows.

Least preferred inside cabins are 6109-6135 and 6437-6487 as these are wedged between other interior cabin rows on Deck 6 of the Mariner of the Seas.

Aft, Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms 6688, 6690, 6390, and 6388 have larger balconies.

Aft prime balcony accommodations on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Deck 6 are Junior Suites 6692, 6694, 6394, and 6392. All of these are roomy with over-sized balconies.

Deluxe Balcony Staterooms 6600, 6604, 6300, and 6304 are larger, have larger balconies, and are wheelchair accessible.

While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided entirely, some of the worst cabins on the Mariner of the Seas are on Deck 6.

We've done deck 6 hump cabins on Explorer & Navigator & love them................. You can't beat the location! I know a lot of people complain about the steel (Explorer) but it doesn't bother us at all. Like many other things, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Here's a link to a deck by deck comparison of cabins on Mariner

http://*****************/royal-caribbean/mariner-of-the-seas/cabin-selection

The link won't work it seems, but here's what it said regarding deck 6 on Mariner:

Deck 6 – Upper Deck

******************** Warning: Some cabins on this deck may have potential problems.

Along this entire deck, you should be aware that a main drag of the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas runs beneath your cabin. However, with the exception of the main lounge more forward on Deck 5, and the top tier of the main dining room aft, most of the cabins will not have much of a noise issue because late night entertainment for the most part is two decks below.

Staterooms including luxurious accommodations aft on the Mariner's Deck 6 (6364-6694) are just above the main dining room. There could be noise during dining hours and during the clean-up after each meal. For dinner, the last diners usually exit by 10:30 and there is likely to some noise from the clean-up (vacuum cleaners) as late as 11:30. Given that most people don't get back to their cabins to after 11 PM, this shouldn't be a substantial issue. Breakfast typically starts in the main dining room at 7:30 AM, so, you might hear some noise above starting then. But, few people go to the main dining room for breakfast, so, this should not be a major issue.

Forward, inside cabins 6533, 6133, 6233, 6535, 6135, 6235, and 6237 are closest to having any noise issues from the main lounge beneath which does feature live music. If you are light sleeper, you may prefer to find a cabin elsewhere on the ship, bring earplugs, or a wave machine (a sound device available at a specialty retailer like Brookstone – produces pleasant sounds that can wipe out the unpleasant sounds).

Forward, 6500 and 6200 are Family Ocean View Staterooms which are more spacious than typical ocean view cabins. Family accommodations are in in short supply and are very popular given their attractive sleeping arrangements. They sell out very quickly, so it is best to book early to get a family cabin. Additionally, you will likely not to be permitted to reserve a family cabin unless you have a certain number of people you are booking into that cabin on Deck 6 of the Mariner of the Seas.

Port side and starboard, all exterior staterooms are either Superior Ocean View Staterooms or Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms. (Superior Ocean View Staterooms are a bit more spacious and have slightly larger balconies than Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms.)

Promenade interior staterooms, port side 6553-6611 and starboard 6253-6311, are all slightly larger than average inside cabins and have a view of the Royal Promenade through bowed windows.

Least preferred inside cabins are 6109-6135 and 6437-6487 as these are wedged between other interior cabin rows on Deck 6 of the Mariner of the Seas.

Aft, Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms 6688, 6690, 6390, and 6388 have larger balconies.

Aft prime balcony accommodations on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Deck 6 are Junior Suites 6692, 6694, 6394, and 6392. All of these are roomy with over-sized balconies.

Deluxe Balcony Staterooms 6600, 6604, 6300, and 6304 are larger, have larger balconies, and are wheelchair accessible.

While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided entirely, some of the worst cabins on the Mariner of the Seas are on Deck 6.

Hi Karen.

What about deck 8 ?

Sheri

I am already booked . We picked #6576. This line got to me .

"While we are not suggesting this deck be avoided entirely, some of the worst cabins on the Mariner of the Seas are on Deck 6."

BUT it doesn't actually list any balcony rooms to avoid. Are there any? Is my cabin "bad"?

On the earlier Voyager Class (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure), the deck 6 balconies are not as nice as the rest of the ship. It has to do with the railing and more metal, whereas the rest have glass panels between the railing and metal structure. Mariner is different because the balconies were constructed different. I think you will be just fine.

Not sure how much this will help you but this website has lots of pictures of the Voyager class ships including Mariner.

http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/virtualtour.html

Bill

Great link. On the Mariner deck 7 plan, balcony 7314 looks a bit wider? Would be great if it is, because we booked that cabin for the Jan. 8 cruise :D Are all the hump balconies the same size? AND, are the cabins configured every other one with the bed near the balcony or bathroom?

Thanks in advance.

Archived