No More Mazatlan It's Official

MTJSR

I can't believe it's still on the itinerary for April 14th either! There have been numerous beheadings, kidnappings and shootouts with innocents caught in the crossfire recently. Just a couple of weeks ago, there were 12 taxis attacked, the drivers beheaded and passengers killed as well.

This puts a damper on our Island cruise. While I don't want another sea day, I am not happy about the decision as to whether or not to get off the ship. Although DH and I never just hang out at the pier, that is probably what we will do in this port this time. I wish they would spend more time in Cabo or add Guatemala or some equally interesting but safer port!

I am very disappointed in all the cruise lines that are still stopping here and putting their passengers at risk.

We were just on the Coral 10 day Panama Canal - FLL to ACA Feb. 23 to Mar 5. We spent 2 days at a resort in Acapulco and had a fantastic time. We also pre-arranged a tour of the city with a stop at a restaurant on the beach for lunch and then were driven to our hotel. Total of 5 hours and we had a great time. Also went to dinner the following night at a cute family-owned restaurant with view of the bay and sunset. Had no problems nor saw any problems and would stop there again. If you have a pre-arranged tour and don't go off by yourself where you shouldn't be, all is fine. Enjoy it as you may not be there again. The views are beautiful, just a shame all the problems and reports whether true or not.

If you want the name of tour guide we used, let me know. He was great.

I just now, 5 minutes ago booked a Mexican Riveira cruise for Feb 2012, (new tours came in my E-Mail) and it still has Mazatlan included. This thread was started at least 3 days ago, why would they not have corected it or mentioned it when I booked. Interesting........

It still shows as a stop on the itinerary page, but for those of us who are booked through April 30, it has been removed from the Personalizer page.

I just now, 5 minutes ago booked a Mexican Riveira cruise for Feb 2012, (new tours came in my E-Mail) and it still has Mazatlan included. This thread was started at least 3 days ago, why would they not have corected it or mentioned it when I booked. Interesting........

Because they have only cancelled the stops there for Spring 2011 sailings.

And isn't Princess/Carnival still negotiating with the local Mexican authorities for better security presence in each of the stops anyway? To cancel all future dates this far out would certainly look like a "final" pull-out decision was made already

Yes, about a week ago I went into Princess wesite to check out about Mazatlan. Sure enought "then,", it was STILL showing Mazatlan for our April 9th cruising. It looks like the "right hand," doesn't know what the "left hand," is doing.

Archived