No More Mazatlan It's Official

MTJSR

Just notified our Sapphire sailing on the 30th of April has canceled Mazatlan and is visiting Cabo for two days.

I sure would like to see Cabo Wabo at night for once!!!!

Hope they don't make us re-board early............

I wonder if we are going to stay at anchor, or are we going to be out to sea that night?

Does anyone have the exact times that the Sapphire is in Cabo for each of the 2 days? Thanks.

I just received an e-mail from Princess that the tenders will operate on Wednesday until 11:00 pm, then again on Thursday from 7:00 am until departure.

Jim

Does anyone have the exact times that the Sapphire is in Cabo for each of the 2 days? Thanks.

Our itinerary for the April 13th sailing is, Cabo San Lucas 12:00 PM Wednesday to 2:00 PM on Thursday. And then we head straight to San Pedro without stopping in Ensenada. :)

Tricia

Our itinerary for the April 13th sailing is, Cabo San Lucas 12:00 PM Wednesday to 2:00 PM on Thursday. And then we head straight to San Pedro without stopping in Ensenada. :)

Tricia

Oops! I'm mixing the dates with our sailing from San Francisco to Hawaii in 2012. Our sailing date to Mexico is April 30th !! :o

No email yet about my cruise coming April 16th....

I didn't receive an email, I just logged on to my Cruise Personalizer and found the new itinerary.

It looks like Mazatlan is scrapped on ALL future cruises.

Thanks calbabe and jayevee44. Do the tenders stop running at 2PM on the Thursday or is that the departure time?

Ship departs Cabo at 2 PM.

Here is my itinerary....

WED 05/04/11

CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO ARRIVE 12:00PM

OVERNIGHT

Tender Required

WHEELCHAIR ACCESS LIMITED

THU 05/05/11

CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO

DEPART 2:00PM

Now that we are two days in Cabo. I rented a car and will probably drive up the

coast to La Paz. The car was very reasonable inc. all of the insurance. $55.US.

I rented it for 24hr, that way I can use it on Thursday.

greg

Now that we are two days in Cabo. I rented a car and will probably drive up the

coast to La Paz. The car was very reasonable inc. all of the insurance. $55.US.

I rented it for 24hr, that way I can use it on Thursday.

greg

I'm curious about driving a car in Mexico. I've always been warned if

you're driving a car in Mexico and someone hits you, that YOU are responsible or the police will arrest the driver who was hit. Mexico

makes up its own rules.

Could you please elaborate as to what you know

about driving in Mexico? If you buy the insurance does that release

you from the liability, et cet? I've always been afraid to rent a vehicle

and drive around in Mexico.

Thanks

From Jim's post above, it sounds like we will stay at anchor (Cabo is a tender port) as the tenders will operate til 11 pm.

Stopping the tenders at 11 would be a drag as those wanting to see Cabo nightclubs like Cabo Wabo don't even heat up till around midnight. Might be worth getting a cheap hotel room ashore so you can party late! Tesoro (now Wyndam Resort I think) right on the marina boardwalk has pretty cheap rooms for those interested.

I'm curious about driving a car in Mexico. I've always been warned if

you're driving a car in Mexico and someone hits you, that YOU are responsible or the police will arrest the driver who was hit. Mexico

makes up its own rules.

Could you please elaborate as to what you know

about driving in Mexico? If you buy the insurance does that release

you from the liability, et cet? I've always been afraid to rent a vehicle

and drive around in Mexico.

Thanks

I've rented a car a couple of times in Mexico, just buy the insurance offered at the rental agency (which is usually more than the car itself) and you will be fine....there are a couple of really good car rentals agents in Cabo but I can't remember their names but the Cabo board on Trip Advisor has some threads naming them.

Since I live in Mexico and drive quite a bit here, you have to understand that Mexico

uses Napoleonic Law. In other words, you are guilty until you can prove you are

innocent.

If you are in a auto accident, and it is not clear who is at fault. The police will impound

both cars. However, if you have insurance, show it to the officer, and or call the

adjuster and have him come out and view the accident.

If someone is killed, get the hell out of there. Even if someone is hurt badlly, get

out. You don't want to fight the battle from inside a jail.

Hopefully, I did not scare you, some of the driving laws in Mexico are different than

California. You need to know them.

I was hit by a bus, I kept arguing with the driver, that it was his fault. I finally asked

a mexican lawyer. He told me" it was my fault." I stopped arguing.

Have Mexican insurance. If you are renting a car, like I just did in Cabo. Get

the total package. Since I have not driven around the Cabo area, I will be a bit

more cautious.

Greg

Driving in Baja

It is safe to drive in Cabo. No special permits or bonds are needed, unless you plan to continue on to Mexico's mainland. Be sure to get Mexican insurance before crossing the border, as your U.S. insurance is not valid in Mexico. Do not drive in Mexico without insurance! While you are purchasing insurance, get a map that shows the locations of gas stations. Keep your gas tank as close to full as possible, even if it means extra stops. You never know when the next gas station will be closed or out of gas. It is a good idea to carry a gas can, with gas in it. The roads are constantly patrolled by the Green Angels (daytime hours only) who will help with gas and very minor repairs. These angels of mercy will pass by eventually, although you will probably be helped before they arrive by others passing by. The roads are generally safe, but narrow by U.S. standards, be extra careful. Don't drive at night unless you are curious about the real meaning of "Road Kill". Even in the day time, WATCH FOR CATTLE!!!

I didn't receive an email, but looking at my Cruise Personalizer itinerary, it does show 2 days in Cabo for my April 9th sailing. Since I "traded" my 1 week resort stay in Cabo for this cruise, looks like I'll get my cake and eat it too! :D

Archived