so my cd is ken rush on my allure cruise in june :(

Thank you for your email.

FROM RCI:

We are please to advise you that Captain Johnny and Cruise Director Ken Rush will be on the Allure of the Seas sailing June 26, 2011. Please note this information is subject to change without notice.

Additionally, we thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding our website. Rest assured, we have forwarding your suggestion to the appropriate department for further review.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Helen Urban

Customer Service Representative

i wanted allan brooks so bad! now im stuck with the old fart ken rush lol. Atleast i have captain johnny!!

I don't know Alan Brooks, so I can't compare CD's. However, I've been on 3 cruises with Ken Rush as CD, and I loved him. Besides, he has terrific organizational skills, and given how large Allure is, that's an important quality.

Sorry you're not completely happy, but I bet you'll feel great once you set foot on the ship. Have fun!

Does a CD really make or break your cruise anyway?? I've only been on one cruise, FOS, 2009, Alan Brooks (I believe??), and the only time we saw him was for introductions in the theater and host of the Love and Marriage show. I thought the rec staff (ones who host sailaway and afternoon pool "entertainment" were a heck of alot more entertaining!!

Just my opinion?

you will have a great time ,i'm sure;)

i dont understand peoples issues with ken rush , we sailed with him on mariner in 2009 , and we thought he was great , very personable and friendly...we are hoping he is still there in september:)

so,go into it with a positive attitude , and it should all be good:D

dave

Does a CD really make or break your cruise anyway?? I've only been on one cruise, FOS, 2009, Alan Brooks (I believe??), and the only time we saw him was for introductions in the theater and host of the Love and Marriage show. I thought the rec staff (ones who host sailaway and afternoon pool "entertainment" were a heck of alot more entertaining!!

Just my opinion?

Alan was on Allure in Jan and was great; he hosted a morning tv show; where he brought everyone up to date about what was going on around the ship. He was all over the place; saw and spoke with him on Royal promenade; spoke with the Capt; in the pool area; both the Capt; and alan attended our meet&mingle event. So in this case he did his job.

To the OP -

Does a particular CD or captain really make that much difference to you? We sailed the Allure in January. The captain and crew provided a safe cruise and the CD and staff showed us a good time. Can’t tell you who was in either post. I did get a candid photo of my son and the captain so perhaps I’ll zoom in to see the badge.

Enjoy

M

To the OP -

Does a particular CD or captain really make that much difference to you? We sailed the Allure in January. The captain and crew provided a safe cruise and the CD and staff showed us a good time. Can’t tell you who was in either post. I did get a candid photo of my son and the captain so perhaps I’ll zoom in to see the badge.

Enjoy

M

If u cruised Allure prior to Jan 23rd sailing; your captain was Zini; if you cruise 23 or 30 Jan it was Capt. Johnny

If u cruised Allure prior to Jan 23rd sailing; your captain was Zini; if you cruise 23 or 30 Jan it was Capt. Johnny

Took a look - Sailed Jan 16 and I believe it was Captain Johnny. We ran in to him while he was standing in the Promenade listening to the “marching band” music. Regardless - he and his officers and crew provided a safe trip.

M

Captain Johnnie was actually on the ship over the first few sailings but was not the master in charge whilst Captain Zini was on board, so it may well be that you saw him, but he might not have been in charge. :)

Took a look - Sailed Jan 16 and I believe it was Captain Johnny. We ran in to him while he was standing in the Promenade listening to the “marching band” music. Regardless - he and his officers and crew provided a safe trip.

M

I think you will find that Allan is actually getting off The Allure at the end of March. Shame we will just miss him. :)

had both Johnny and alan; good team; funny and professional. alan had six month contract and he came on in Jan; so it sort of makes sense that he takes a break in June.

Captain Johnnie was actually on the ship over the first few sailings but was not the master in charge whilst Captain Zini was on board, so it may well be that you saw him, but he might not have been in charge. :)

Perhaps that proves my point that the particular Captain really does not matter. ;)

And I checked and saw that Ken Rush was the CD. The only thing I remember about him is that the CD staff always had to promote activities and themselves with something like, “Ken Rush and the CD staff brings you……..”.

I’ve been on lots of cruises and really never had one cruise become better than the other because of the CD. I guess many feel differently as noted from the “favorite” CD comments.

M

• 3 months later...

Just got off the Allure today with Ken Rush as CD. Loved every minute with him! Great personality, great with the kids, organized, and it seemed like he was working 24 hours!

All I have to say is....."pajarito"!! Anyone on the Allure for the July 3rd sailing will know what that means!!!

I heave read that Allan should be returning to Allure for the July 17th sailing. This should be about right since he went out on vaca right after our March Allure sailing and should be due back on his new contract right about now.

I am not a KR fan either.

Alan was on Allure in Jan and was great; he hosted a morning tv show; where he brought everyone up to date about what was going on around the ship. He was all over the place; saw and spoke with him on Royal promenade; spoke with the Capt; in the pool area; both the Capt; and alan attended our meet&mingle event. So in this case he did his job.

Agreed....Allan is great!

To the OP -

Enjoy

M

When I first started sailing I couldn't understand why one would care who the CD was.....however the more I sailed the more i found just how much a difference the CD can make on the enjoyment of the entertainment aboard. The CD makes a BIG difference in things like the 70's street part and Quest just to name a couple. A good CD can change the mood of the sailing from good to GREAT!

We are please to advise you that Captain Johnny and Cruise Director Ken Rush will be on the Allure of the Seas sailing June 26, 2011. Please note this information is subject to change without notice.

I'm not one who really cares about the CD, but between my 2 Oasis Class cruises, there was a huge difference between Spacey on Oasis and Rush on Allure. Spacey was very energetic and one of his highlights is his Evolution of Dance routine. He, himself, was a show. Rush's only claim to fame is showing up on stage in his underwear the day after the Quest. He's just not very funny.

Oh well. Just look beyond him. The CD isn't as visible on Oasis Class anyways.

After 11 cruises, and 2 of those with Ken Rush, I found Ken Rush to be a great CD - not saying the others were lacking/slacking... but Ken seems to be everywhere, all at the same time, not sure he ever sleeps. And his staff like him and says he works hard. Recently on the Allure, Zach the assistant CD, said that he felt like Ken knew what it was like to do all the jobs, and would help out with anything - that makes for a good boss and a great person to work with.

We have had Ken Rush twice and he is certainly a great cruise director, however there are those that are better. Richard Spacey is our favorite hands down, he would be hard to beat, extremely funny, love the accent and great to look at as well!! We had Allan Brooks on the freedom last time and he is better than Ken but not as good as Richard.

We are sailing the Allure on Sept 4th and we are told that we will have Allan Brooks so I am excited about that. Not sure who our captian will be, I love both Capt Zini and Capt Johnny so doesn't really matter either way. Although the group that I am sailing with this time was all together on the Mariner a few years ago and we all loved Capt Johnny so that would be great if he was our captain for old times sake!! LOL

Debra

I'm not one who really cares about the CD, but between my 2 Oasis Class cruises, there was a huge difference between Spacey on Oasis and Rush on Allure. Spacey was very energetic and one of his highlights is his Evolution of Dance routine. He, himself, was a show. Rush's only claim to fame is showing up on stage in his underwear the day after the Quest. He's just not very funny.

Oh well. Just look beyond him. The CD isn't as visible on Oasis Class anyways.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Ken Rush is a good CD in the sense that he takes care of business, seems very organized, staff and passengers like him, etc. But, as the OP said, he's just not that funny. Doesn't make him a bad CD - he's still enjoyable - he's just not a great comedian. There are others who are not only good CD's, they can also make you laugh quite a bit. Honestly, before I cruised with Richard Spacey as a CD, I never really cared who the CD was. Hardly ever remembered their names. Now I pay attention!

Just got off the Allure today with Ken Rush as CD. Loved every minute with him! Great personality, great with the kids, organized, and it seemed like he was working 24 hours!

All I have to say is....."pajarito"!! Anyone on the Allure for the July 3rd sailing will know what that means!!!

Agreed Ken Rush was funny, energetic, fun and loved his job. His Quest show on the June 5th sailing was so much fun to watch! Not sure why some would honestly care who the CD is as it is you in charge of your entertainment anyway..............;)

Archived