Royal Princess it is!

JanieCaper

WOW its looking good :-) Love the video just hope the atrium (Piazza) will be larger.

Sea ya

Eric

TBA -Med Cruise 2011

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006

Diamond Princess Apr2005

Rccl Navigator Dec2004

NCL SUN Nov2004

Visit of QM2 Oct2004

Carnival Victory Nov2003

Golden Princess Apr2003

Celebrity Mercury Nov2002

Carnival Elation Nov2001

NCL SKY Nov2000

Please, please, please tell me they will have finally changed the interior colors of the ship and the decor of the cabins with this new class of ship. I'm so tired of that dated 80's pink and blue southwestern look. I hope the cabins are more spa like and elegant! Black, grey, platinums, golds, sleek finishes. < I hope, I hope> :)

Only Odd thing is the Square shape to the stern base which Fincantieri have done with the P and O Ventura which makes it look really odd.

As for Oasis it is so Big you do not notice the 5,000 and odd passengers onboard... :)

Beautiful! I LOVE it! ROYAL PRINCESS.....nice name!

Looks a bit like Celebrity Solstice class ships.

I love Princess but will admit, there are a few similarities to the Royal Caribbean ships….first it was the Piazza with entertainment first introduced on the Crown...... now is the cantilevered design and the sanctuary resembles the solarium on the Oasis.

Looks like the MUTS screen is a little larger.....wonder if it will be louder??!!;):D

Only Odd thing is the Square shape to the stern base which Fincantieri have done with the P and O Ventura which makes it look really odd.

As for Oasis it is so Big you do not notice the 5,000 and odd passengers onboard... :)

From what I understand, the "duck tail" helps to direct water back down to the propellers thereby increasing efficiency.

A few differences I noticed:

1) No Skywalkers

2) Only one main pool area

3) No wraparound outside Promenade

4) No above the Bridge viewing area

The adult pool near the gym/sanctuary is much bigger though. The one issue with that upper pool now is lack of seating. But both main pools, seaparated by the island, are now viewing areas for MUTS. I wonder if people will like that. :confused:

The idea of a Skywalkers, with that view, was a good concept. But if you don't like disco, well, then Skywalkers fall short. I'm good with the different concept.

I wonder if they will add another specialty restaurant since there will be expanded dining areas on the piazza level.

It is exciting that the Royal Princess is finally under construction and that we're finally being thrown a few tidbits of information!!! I've been checking the Princess site almost daily to try to get any new info and then got the email today. I'm very excited. I really like what they are showing so far. The promenade deck is still there so that is good, I really hope that keep it a fully wrap around deck and not cut off at the front like on some other lines' ships. I guess there won't be a covered pool area which is a bit disappointing especially on those cooler days on some itineraries.

But these are early days yet, much more info will be released eventually, it is all very exciting don't you think? I hope the cabin designs are changed a bit, it would be nice to have a small sofa in each cabin.

Well, they're saying 3,600. Fincantieri was saying in their press releases that that was the MAX passenger load (which would be a very good thing!). Others have said that it is the double occupancy number. We'll have to wait and see for the definitive answer.

Just do the math and you will have the answer.

It is only my opinion now but I think it is going to be just an other overcrowded bucket. But I am willing to be proven wrong. And if I am wrong it will be the most spacious ship Princess has but I wouldn't bet on it.

The video looked beautiful...but am I one of the only ones that hates seeing the trend in bigger and bigger ships???? I love the smaller ones and found the Coral to be just about perfect. If I am not mistaken, these are the numbers of pax I think each ship will hold:

Tahitian-680

Pacific-680

Royal-710

Coral-1970

Island-1970

Dawn-1990

Sea-1990

Sun-1990

Golden -2600

Grand--2600

Star--2600

Sapphire-2670

Diamond-2670

Crown-3100

Ruby-3100

Emerald-3100

Caribbean-3100

Royal (new)-3600

I'd like to see more of the ships with capacities under 2000.

But it looks like it is strictly for Sanctuary users. It replaces the Lotus Spa pool which was open to everyone.

I don't think that the only Adults only pool will only be available for Sanctuary users. They didn't state that it is part of the Sanctuary, just that it is near the Sanctuary. I could be wrong and only time will tell.

The video looked beautiful...but am I one of the only ones that hates seeing the trend in bigger and bigger ships???? I love the smaller ones and found the Coral to be just about perfect. If I am not mistaken, these are the numbers of pax I think each ship will hold:

Tahitian-680

Pacific-680

Royal-710

Coral-1970

Island-1970

Dawn-1990

Sea-1990

Sun-1990

Golden -2600

Grand--2600

Star--2600

Sapphire-2670

Diamond-2670

Crown-3100

Ruby-3100

Emerald-3100

Caribbean-3100

Royal (new)-3600

I'd like to see more of the ships with capacities under 2000.

No - you are definitely not alone. I think the Coral and the Island are the perfect size and they are my favorite ships. Bigger ships, more people, fewer pools??? Not sure about that!

The new Royal Princess does look beautiful but huge. I too am not so thrilled that Princess like every other cruise line is thinking bigger is better. Pretty soon none of the Princess ships will be able to get through the Panama Canal. I'm not sure we'll ever cruise on the new Royal, we still haven't cruised on the Caribbean Princess because it's so large. Anything bigger than the Island Princess seems to big to me.

Archived