Royal Princess it is!

JanieCaper

If I was a betting man I would wager that the adults only pool is "not" part of the sanctuary.

The video refers to it as "near" the sanctuary not part of it.

The video is unclear and doesn't use the term "near". The female voice tends to run several things together. It would be a shame if they are creating a private "upcharge" pool club. For Europe itineraries, I guess I wouldn't care too much. But if they are creating a fee for private pool club, I might decide to just as well try Celebrity's Solstice class ships.

As for the name, it's hard to believe people really care and it's obvious that mass market cruise lines aren't building small ships these days.

If I was a betting man I would wager that the adults only pool is "not" part of the sanctuary.

The video refers to it as "near" the sanctuary not part of it.

I completely agree with you. In the press release they're not mentioned in the same sentence, no idea how you could read that it's part of the Sanctuary. My bet is this is replacing the aft adults only pool and making it a bit more high end with the cabanas.

But it looks like it is strictly for Sanctuary users. It replaces the Lotus Spa pool which was open to everyone.

I don't think that the only Adults only pool will only be available for Sanctuary users. They didn't state that it is part of the Sanctuary, just that it is near the Sanctuary. I could be wrong and only time will tell.

From what I can see (especially if you look at a high resolution version), the front pool is NOT part of the Sanctuary. Look closer and it appears that the Sanctuary will be under the canopy at the front of the vessel.

Does anyone know if the new Royal Princess is based on the Carnival Dream hull?

No, it's Princess' own design. The Dream hull is smaller...

We love the Promenade...always up for a walk after dinner. It's a feature of the Princess ships we like.

I have to say, if you look at the higher resolution images there is clearly something there. I suspect these renderings are intentionally incomplete in that respect. It's just a guess, but it definitely looks to me like there's something there.

We'll see, I guess. I like the promenade, too.

I think she looks great. Very much looking forward to sailing on her. I for one, am pleased with the blending of Princess' style with aspects of the Solstice class. Good-looking offspring!

We didn't think we'd like the larger ships at first, but we've enjoyed the amenities of the larger ships and haven't found the increased passenger count to be an issue.

For the pasengers sake, I sure do hope they add a few more life boats. If anyone noticed, there aren't many, and definitely not enough for that many passengers. Maybe they took the idea from the Titanic? lol ;)

Maybe they're ginormous! :p And hey, we know that artist's renditions only approximate the final product...

I have been so looking forward for information on this new build, and now I am not too thrilled. The terrace pool/bar area was one of my favorite spots and it's gone. It was nice having a choice of 2 adult pool areas. It looks like there will only be 3 pools for all, with 2 of them now exposed to MUTS. Also, it looks like the lotus pool will be part of the new "expanded" sanctuary which means, unless we pay, we have no quiet place to go. :(

I hope I am wrong about the sanctuary pool, but I will sure miss that beautiful aft view from the terrace.

I think that we reached our personal size limit with the Ruby and the Crown this winter...I am starting to get over my dislike of the Grand class and the Diamond and the Sapphire look terrific. To say that we will never sail on these ships would be a long time...put they won't be high on our priority list.

Looks like they did away with any form of the SkyWalkers Lounge. Shame. It was at least a decent indoor (air conditioned) viewing area even if it did face aft. And the back tiered open decks and pools of the previous classes are gone as well. Not much space on top to cram in any more deck chairs either. The MUTS sticks out like a sore thumb, literally. It looks like it is raised up high enough that the sound from the giant speakers will easily be heard in the Sanctuary. No escaping MUTS now. And I wouldn't want to be in one of the balconies just under that SeaWalk bridge, no privacy from the people lingering and walking through there. Looks like the underneath neon illumination shines down on those balconies at night as well? And into the cabins? Looks like SeaWalk was copied from the Enchantment of the Seas, bar and all. Overall there is nothing about this design that makes me want to jump in and be the first, even if I had the resources. I'll stick with the Sun-class and Grand-class that don't have the added extra deck. What is that plateaued deck space on the aft corners behind the lifeboats? The video does call that forward pool area The Sanctuary, but adds the fact that the 'new pool' is for adults only...and that The Sanctuary is now even more exclusive. Wonder what that means$$$$?

rp.jpg

muts1.jpg

This is from the Enchantment of the Seas

rci_enchant_topdeck_10.jpg

How dare them give that name to a mega monster ship! :eek: The Royal Princess has always been a smaller more intimate ship..............I am speechless that they would do this to the Royal Princess name. :mad:

Probably because Princess does not foresee obtaining any more smaller intimate ships......and they probably do not want to retire the Royal Princess name.

I'll miss the terrace pool............. love sitting there and watching the wake.

To me the new ship looks like a Royal Caribbean ship.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it actually looks like:confused:

I agree, but I guess their plan is to provide the primary "wake view" to 63 wake cabins.

For the pasengers sake, I sure do hope they add a few more life boats. If anyone noticed, there aren't many, and definitely not enough for that many passengers. Maybe they took the idea from the Titanic? lol ;)

They are probably using the new lifeboat design that the Oasis and the new Carnival Magic have. If you look at the Oasis, there are only 9 boats per side, with 5400 d/o.

As for the size of this ship, I'm a fan of bigger ships. We recently took our first RCI cruise and loved it and can't wait to go on something bigger. This Princess design will have a higher passenger density than the RCI Voyager class, but we found the Navigator to be so uncrowded I found it hard to beleive the ship was full. I also don't consider the Grand Princess to be a crowded ship either, and when you consider another 30,000 tons for 1000 more people, that sounds spacious to me. Especially compared to the extra 4000 tons and 500 people on the Caribbean class, which I also didn't find overly crowded most times.

Now that we are cruising with our kids, I can't see any of the standard Princess cabins working out for the 4 of us. I hope Princess changes their standard cabin layout away from that wasted dressing area space. They can move the closet over to the other wall like the other lines do and use that space for a small couch/sofa bed, and make the cabins more family friendly. And yes, I echo the thoughts others posted about hoping Princess comes up with new cabin decor.

Rick, thanks for the high res image there. How does this design compare to that design concept you saw at Princess HQ last year?

For those of us who often book non-balcony cabins, where does one go on the mega-ships to find a quiet spot to enjoy a book in the sun?

Also, this new Royal Princess does not look as though she is destined to sail the Pacific islands like the current Royal. Some of the ports-of-call could not manage the onslaught of 5000 pax. :eek: What is her possible planned itinerary?

For those of us who often book non-balcony cabins, where does one go on the mega-ships to find a quiet spot to enjoy a book in the sun?

Also, this new Royal Princess does not look as though she is destined to sail the Pacific islands like the current Royal. Some of the ports-of-call could not manage the onslaught of 5000 pax. :eek: What is her possible planned itinerary?

I don't think she was planned for Tahiti/Polynesia islands, the Ocean Princess is doing this now

I love this thread. So many persons working themselves into a frenzy over what will and will not be charged without a shred of evidence except for the proximity of certain features.

As far as the lack of certain features or sufficient lifeboats, remember folks this is an artist rendering.

After hearing all the kvetching and worrying I wonder if Princess regrets releasing the rendering. That way they would only have to hear accustions of keeping it secret.

As far as the name being sacreligious -- Princess owns the name and can use it on whatever vessel they please. :p

I'm excited about this new ship also. We sailed on the Solstice in the fall and she was a beautiful ship but we missed Princess' service and food and it looks like the new Royal will incorporate the Solstice design with all of the things we love about Princess.

No one has mentioned that ALL of the aft cabins seem to be cantilevered. That is a problem on the Solstice because there is no privacy (think a whole area of dolphin deck cabins) so I really hope someone has figured out how to alleviate that problem.

When the Caribbean came out we said we'd never sail on anything that big but, guess what, last year we sailed on the Ruby and loved it. It's all about passenger disbursement. I am excited to see a new design.

As far as the smaller ships, I'm grateful that Princess still has the Ocean and Pacific and we have so many options!

(Oh, and btw, the Solstice has those cabanas in their regular pool area. We ran to get one on the first day and it wasn't so comfortable and we ended up leaving after a couple of hours. ;) )

EDIT:

I just watched the video again and noticed two things. There is a bar at the end of the "adult" pool so it's NOT part of the Sanctuary. (But I wish it was enclosed)

Also, what is that HUGE area at the back of the pool deck - ??? tennis courts???.

Archived