North East 2012-2013 saiings NOW OPEN!!

I'll be booking with RCCL direct for the first time...why do you hate calling?

I can usually do it myself easily. When I call, I have to wait for someone to pick up, then I am waiting while their computer lags, then they tell me the room is not available (it is) then they are making small talk...etc.

Plus, if you do not book online, you can't cancel online, and I like to do that too.

This is very disappointing. The Caribbean options for summer 2012 are very few, not just on RCI but on other lines as well. I was hoping the rumors of Liberty coming to NJ, or Celebrity putting a newer ship in NJ, were accurate. Princess is pulling its ship from Brooklyn during the summer.

What are families who can't afford the more exotic sailings, and who do not want to repeat Eastern/Western on Oasis, Allure or Freedom supposed to do during the summer?

This is very disappointing. The Caribbean options for summer 2012 are very few, not just on RCI but on other lines as well. I was hoping the rumors of Liberty coming to NJ, or Celebrity putting a newer ship in NJ, were accurate. Princess is pulling its ship from Brooklyn during the summer.

What are families who can't afford the more exotic sailings, and who do not want to repeat Eastern/Western on Oasis, Allure or Freedom supposed to do during the summer?

They'll be back in a year or few and then the Caribbean will seem new again. In the meantime, we'll just have to look at non-cruise options.

True, but insofar as Northeast itineraries are concerned (NJ & Baltimore sailings), all the sailings from April through Oct are Bermuda & the NE maritime only. Not all bad, I do plan at least one Bermuda cruise next year so I'm glad to have so many choices, however I think the NE & Caribbean itineraries will be missed.

most are this yr too

Why haven't they released the carribean sail dates for 2012/13? I thought they were being released the week of March 14th?? Has anyone else heard anything about these sailings?

April 11, 2011 is the Caribbean release date for Summer of 2012 to Spring of 2013.

True, but insofar as Northeast itineraries are concerned (NJ & Baltimore sailings), all the sailings from April through Oct are Bermuda & the NE maritime only. Not all bad, I do plan at least one Bermuda cruise next year so I'm glad to have so many choices, however I think the NE & Caribbean itineraries will be missed.

No offense meant to anyone here, but a cruise to Bermuda from the Bayonne does not interest me in the least. If that is my only option, I will book at an all inclusive and fly to Bermuda for the same cost or less.

Its disappointing because we were planning to do a 9 night cruise out of Bayonne this year. with the schedule released, it seems like RC is forcing customers to Oasis or Allure if you want to do the Carribean. sounds like we may be looking at another cruise line for our 2012 trip. :(

Royal seems to be putting a lot of their eggs in two baskets so to speak ... Oasis and Allure. Even for summer 2011 the only other Florida ship with 7 day sailings is Freedom.

The northeast Bermuda sailings have been posted but dates are missing. There are Explorer Bermuda 5 night runs on August 11 and 25 so something is going to be between them. I hope its better than what Enchantment is doing over the summer.

Family - I just posted the same thought on all eggs in one basket. The debt service on those ships must be enormous, so I can understand the rationale, but, unless they change the schedule drastically for the Carribean, we will probably be looking at another cruise line. Oasis and Allure have no appeal to us.

No offense meant to anyone here, but a cruise to Bermuda from the Bayonne does not interest me in the least. If that is my only option, I will book at an all inclusive and fly to Bermuda for the same cost or less.

Its disappointing because we were planning to do a 9 night cruise out of Bayonne this year. with the schedule released, it seems like RC is forcing customers to Oasis or Allure if you want to do the Carribean. sounds like we may be looking at another cruise line for our 2012 trip. :(

Have you chosen to ignore the Freedom, Monarch, Majesty and Jewel cruises that will be sailing in the Caribbean or the Bahamas? Three, four, five and seven night cruises.Explorer will still be doing longer Caribbean cruises out of Bayonne in the summer and once the Bermuda season ends, it will probably resume that schedule. At least wait until the deployment information has all been released before jumping to conclusions.

Have you chosen to ignore the Freedom, Monarch, Majesty and Jewel cruises that will be sailing in the Caribbean or the Bahamas? Three, four, five and seven night cruises.Explorer will still be doing longer Caribbean cruises out of Bayonne in the summer and once the Bermuda season ends, it will probably resume that schedule. At least wait until the deployment information has all been released before jumping to conclusions.

Explorer does not do Caribbean cruises during summer

[quote name='cruisenfever']April 11, 2011 is the Caribbean release date for Summer of 2012 to Spring of 2013.[/quote]
But I thought the Caribbean for the Northeastern (ie. Explorer) were to be released the week of March 14th...I guess I will have to be a little more patient :)

I really thought I would see everything I was looking for - week of March 14. Now I have to wait until April 11 or April 18 - not happy about that.
I am kind of disappointed about no early summer Canada sailings from Baltimore, but am willing to try the Bermuda / Boston thing. Something different. But I am looking for a 12-day Caribbean for fall, and something for Christmas of 2012.
So, back to waiting - patiently :rolleyes:

1. [quote name='cruisenfever']April 18 for Bahamas and Short Caribbean itineraries.[/quote]

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=black]2.[/COLOR] April 11, 2011 is the Caribbean release date for Summer of 2012 to Spring of 2013. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=magenta]__________________[/COLOR]
[I][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Patti (& Jim)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

OK...the deployment schedule did state: [U]Northeast Caribbean[/U], Bermuda/New England- week of 3/14/11...I've reviewed those sailings and they only include: Bermuda or Bermuda, Rhode Island and Boston. So, are you saying that there should be more [B]Caribbean [/B]scheduled sailings [I]still[/I] to come, which would include ships leaving from the Port of Baltimore (northeast)?? (currently, it's the Enchantment) I did notice some gaps in the dates listed however, so [I]maybe[/I] there's more itin. to come for the Northeast:confused:

I'm only asking because this has become very confusing...I'm booked on what I hope will be a great 12 nite So.Caribbean on the Enchantment but it is in March 2012. I thought if there would be something similar during the summer of 2012 (yeah it's hot but that's ok with me--schools closed) I may consider a change due to other passengers availability.

I'm specifically asking you because most of your posts appear reasonable and well-informed. I have plenty of time to react to whatever comes out in April but just wanted to formulate a plan in the meantime.

Thanks, I hope you can clear some of this confusion. :)

[quote name='negc']Have you chosen to ignore the Freedom, Monarch, Majesty and Jewel cruises that will be sailing in the Caribbean or the Bahamas? Three, four, five and seven night cruises.Explorer will still be doing longer Caribbean cruises out of Bayonne in the summer and once the Bermuda season ends, it will probably resume that schedule. At least wait until the deployment information has all been released before jumping to conclusions.[/quote]

No, I have not ignored them, but we have sailed Freedom twice and have no interest in a 3 -4 night cruise. We want to do 7 days or longer. Not sure what Jewel does or where it sails from, but I will look at that.

My point was that there are is not a wide selection of Carribean cruises available by RC for 7+ nights, that do not include Oasis or Allure.

Archived