Customer Satisfaction Survey

We just returned from our Serenade of the Seas cruise (3/5-3/12) which was great! I just wanted to pass something along that I felt was important. We had MTD, so our tips were prepaid. Along with the tips, if you felt your staff did an outstanding job, it is very important that you fill out the satisfaction survey given to you the last night. We had an excellent room steward and an excellent wait staff in the dining room and both encouraged us to make sure we filled out our evaluation, so it must be very important to them.

It only takes a minute to fill out (fill in the circle) We made sure we mentioned our staff by name and said what an excellent job they did. I think they probably know who your staff is by your cabin number though.

The other really important thing: you have to deposit the survey in the designated boxes. We put ours in the box by the guest services station. If you leave the survey in your stateroom, it will be thrown out- it needs to be placed in one of the designated boxes. The survey also covers other aspects of the ship/cruise. Hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!

We (group of 8) were also on that Serenade sailing (and the previous week). EXCELLENT staff. Serenade is now tied with Jewel as our favorite ship.

We had the same dining room staff both weeks. I think it was Thursday of the second week the waiter and assistant waiter came and thanked us for giving them outstanding marks the previous week. They (waiter & asst waiter) were ranked #1 for that week. They don't get any extras for that, but it gives them pride (and bragging rights over the other staff). Our Assistant Waiter said he tries to make it in the top 5 and usually makes #2 or #3.

The other really important thing: you have to deposit the survey in the designated boxes. We put ours in the box by the guest services station. If you leave the survey in your stateroom, it will be thrown out- it needs to be placed in one of the designated boxes. The survey also covers other aspects of the ship/cruise. Hope everyone has a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for the reminder. We filled out our survey and handed it in at the guest services desk before disembarking from a sister ship.

I can't help wondering, though, if the survey is so important to individual staff members, why would your steward not make sure that it is passed along to the appropriate department, rather than simply discard it?

Thanks for the reminder. We filled out our survey and handed it in at the guest services desk before disembarking from a sister ship.

I can't help wondering, though, if the survey is so important to individual staff members, why would your steward not make sure that it is passed along to the appropriate department, rather than simply discard it?

I'm not sure but it may be that they don't want the room steward handling the survey to insure against tampering. At some time in the past someone mentioned that when they tried to hand the survey to an RCI staff member (not at Guest Services) they were told that they were not permitted to handle them.

I believe that even Guest Services are not allowed to touch them, but drop boxes are placed in front of GS so that forms can be left.These are then collected by an outside department, before the next passengers embark.

I'm not sure but it may be that they don't want the room steward handling the survey to insure against tampering. At some time in the past someone mentioned that when they tried to hand the survey to an RCI staff member (not at Guest Services) they were told that they were not permitted to handle them.
Edited by ChipLondon

I still have the one I filled out. I never saw a box to put it in. Our MDR staff on Serenade was outstanding (Fernando and Katherine) and I wanted to make sure they got credit for a great job. I did however get an email survey yesterday and was able to praise them by name there. Hope it helps.

On the flip side our cabin attendant was a virtual ghost. All the basics got done but was unavailable for requests. Did not answer phone and could not read english notes that were left. In her defense in the brief (30 second) introduction she said they had eliminated the assistant positions and her cabins were scattered throughout that deck so she might be hard to reach.

maybe they think the steward filled it out so they wont accept it

I guess that makes sense.

There is at least one cruise line that has a rather novel program whereby passengers are encouraged to fill out a form for outstanding service performed by individual crew members. The forms are available at the guest relations desk, and there is no limit to the number that can be used by each passenger.

Apparently the comment cards are instrumental in assessing staff performance, can lead to promotions and/or certain perks, and are greatly appreciated by the crew.

This is good to know. I have to tell you that my first cruise was on HAL. It was myself, my husband and my special needs daughter. I was filling out all of the surveys, of course asking them questions for theirs.

It was almost dinner time so I left them on the desk to finish when we got back. Well...we got back to the cabin and they were nowhere to be found. I had to go down to Guest Services where they checked and it turned out my steward handed them in. They weren't even finished!! I had to get them back and finish them before handing them in.

I thought that was nervy.

If you mention a staff member by name they do get personally recognized at staff meetings. Also every survey with comments is read by the higher ups with Royal.

I have hear rumors that staff get extra time off when their name is mentioned, but I can't get a staff member to confirm this, so I'm skeptical if it is true or not.

If you have exceptional service from anyone, be sure to get names! Mention them by name in an e-mail to Miami. We do this almost every time we cruise, since our experiences are usually wonderful. We seldom have anyone who doesn't do a good job.

The employees get some sort of awards or whatever when their names are sent to Miami. It doesn't take long, but it's worth so much to them! :D

Cruzin Lady

The surveys are used real time to determine the number of customers and serving location waiters and assistants get on the next cruise. We have seen where there were two eight tops on a Monarch cruise where no one showed up the entire cruise. Obviously the waiter and assistant got really hurt that cruise. They probably assign cabin stewards in a similar fashion. These are the surveys by which the Corporate office determines the status of service on all ships in the fleet. Be sure to fill out fairly and make all necessary comments - they will be used!!!

Edited by Scotty G
typo

We received a follow-up phone call from RCCL this week (just off Enchantment Saturday), asking if we would like to add anything to our survey. Our room steward was great & told us they get "bonus points" when you list their names on the survey. She said it helps to ensure that they get to stay "upstairs", which I took to mean they wouldn't have work in the laundry or something similar. So I guess they do take the surveys pretty seriously.

I have filled one out for each of my cruises. In most cases this is followed up by an email after we get home asking us to fill out a longer survey via a link in the email. The electronic survey takes about twenty minutes.

Diana

If you mention a staff member by name they do get personally recognized at staff meetings. Also every survey with comments is read by the higher ups with Royal.

I have hear rumors that staff get extra time off when their name is mentioned, but I can't get a staff member to confirm this, so I'm skeptical if it is true or not.

It is absolutely true. I have been thanked by crew members while on shore.............they are on shore because that's the bonus they got for the favorable mention! Also, SOME employees can earn "eating in the WJ" as the result of favorable comments.

Those surveys definitely have immediate and concrete impacts on the lives of the crew.

I have filled one out for each of my cruises. In most cases this is followed up by an email after we get home asking us to fill out a longer survey via a link in the email. The electronic survey takes about twenty minutes.

Diana

I have as well and never got an email, but I will continue to "drop names" on the survey!

When we were on the Century in January, the most pleasant, personable employee was cleaning up the public bathroom outside the theater. She was rolling up cloth hand towels to put them in the basket and was so pleasant that washing my hands seemed like fun. I mentioned her on the survey. I think employees cleaning public areas are rarely mentioned on the surveys and hope the praise helped her in some way.

If you have exceptional service from anyone, be sure to get names! Mention them by name in an e-mail to Miami. We do this almost every time we cruise, since our experiences are usually wonderful. We seldom have anyone who doesn't do a good job.

The employees get some sort of awards or whatever when their names are sent to Miami. It doesn't take long, but it's worth so much to them! :D

Cruzin Lady

If I receive outstanding service I will also write to Miami. I have also dropped a note address to the Hotel Manager whilst on board informing them of the outstanding service and give names. This way I know that they will

get recognition.

• 5 years later...

I was told by my waiter that the form you are speaking of would be sent to me by e-mail and I could fill it out on line. I never got it. Has others got this form by e-mail? If so , what was the title

I was told by my waiter that the form you are speaking of would be sent to me by e-mail and I could fill it out on line. I never got it. Has others got this form by e-mail? If so , what was the title

Ours shows up in the email that travel docs are sent to. Check your spam/junk folder.

Wow...five year old history reading lesson. ;)

I have missed the email survey from time to time. Our most recent survey had the subject line "Share your thoughts on your recent cruise experience with Royal Caribbean".