So what did you book this week?

Cruise Junky

Hawaii in April 2013 for Spring Break with the kids. Too bad they only have 1 week off from school. I am going to have to think of some way to get them to excuse the kids the 2nd week!

Also really looked at the 28d to Samoas/Tahiti but just can't get away for that long from work. One of these days (or years...).

Katherine

Nothing. I have sticker shock! And I'm sulking because the Black Sea cruise is only offered once and that's during a time when I can't cruise.

We thought the same thing. Were going to book the Baltic Heritage one but when we got the price from our TA there was no discount, no OBC so we told her no. Now she is trying again for us. I think we may be forced to go with Celebrity who do an almost identical cruise. Such a shame as we love Princess and wanted to stay faithfull.

We are booking the Crown's Med & Greek Isles for Sept 2012 this week. On our bucket list. So far out that I decided to book with a Canadian travel agent so that the charge isn't in US Dollars. A weak Canadian Dollar in 15 months when final payment is due could take this trip from expensive to unaffordable! Unfortunately the trade off is I can't find any agents offering incentives such as an OBC. Oh well still will be living our dream come Sept 12!!

We're reprising our 2007 northbound Voyage of the Glaciers on the Coral Princess in July 2012 - but this time my brother and sister-in-law and sister and brother-in-law will accompany us. They'll be on a cruise tour - we did it on the last Alaska cruise but don't have the vacation time in 2012 (probably because I'd booked the Sapphire May 2012 Coastal 6 months ago!). We were able to get 3 contiguous mini-cabins on Dolphin in the 700 series with covered balconies. It will be S/BIL first cruise ever and B/SIL first cruise on Princess (they were on Carnival years ago) but they loved Princess from the moment they boarded the Emerald as our guests on the Bon Voyage Experience (great marketing!) last fall. We're all very excited!

I booked the 4-day Bermuda Sampler on the CB in Oct 2012. I just happened to be killing time and checking the Princess website when I noticed the price of a WS was the same as an inside cabin! I immediately booked a WS, now waitlisted and waaay higher in price. I am eagerly anticipating the suite amenities, especially breakfast in Sabatini's!

Booked a 7 day Canada/New England for late summer this year and then a 4 day to Bermuda for next year. Not often Princess does a short cruise like that, never mind to just Bermuda, so had to jump on that. It was a good week booking those 2 cruises, first time I ever booked 2 cruises in 2 days.

I booked the 4-day Bermuda Sampler on the CB in Oct 2012. I just happened to be killing time and checking the Princess website when I noticed the price of a WS was the same as an inside cabin! I immediately booked a WS, now waitlisted and waaay higher in price. I am eagerly anticipating the suite amenities, especially breakfast in Sabatini's!

I was lucky to grab one of the WS before the price increase! This will be my first time sailing on Princess....looking forward to something new!

There is a roll call set up for this sailing, please join us:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380935

We are booking the Crown's Med & Greek Isles for Sept 2012 this week. On our bucket list. So far out that I decided to book with a Canadian travel agent so that the charge isn't in US Dollars. A weak Canadian Dollar in 15 months when final payment is due could take this trip from expensive to unaffordable! Unfortunately the trade off is I can't find any agents offering incentives such as an OBC. Oh well still will be living our dream come Sept 12!!

Your TA should be able to book in USD, if you want it. Ours always does, but when we booked the Ruby 31 days TA Barcelona to FLL she said the prices were identical USD/CAD and so we booked in CAD for the first time. We get our money in CAD, so no changing even if it's 15 months from now!

Snowbird

I booked a r/t from FLL to Panama Canal on the Island Princess for Christmas 2012. It's so far away, and yet I'm so excited. The canal is something I've wanted to see since I was a kid. I'd read such wonderful things about Christmas decorations/activities on a cruise. I really can't wait.

Hawaii in April 2013 for Spring Break with the kids. Too bad they only have 1 week off from school. I am going to have to think of some way to get them to excuse the kids the 2nd week!

Also really looked at the 28d to Samoas/Tahiti but just can't get away for that long from work. One of these days (or years...).

Katherine

From your post on our Sapphire cruise r/c in May about your daughter, she's the age my kids were when we took them on a Western Caribbean cruise. Their teacher had them do a report on the cruise & ports...much more educational to visit Mayan ruins than to read about them. Although Chitchen Itza is more historical than Hawaii, there is some very interesting history in Hawaii also.

We just finished booking the Emerald's 20 day Caribbean Grand Adventure on Jan 6, 2013. Our TA's price was a full $700 less than Princess's rack rate for a BD balcony.:)

I had to have our TA check the price twice as I couldn't believe it was for the whole 21 days. We're very, very happy campers.

We booked the 20-day on the Emerald for 17 Nov 2012. Originally I had the Crown booked from Rome to Galveston but DH didn't want to do that one so I changed it. We would have had 32 days on the Crown if we'd done that one. Oh well. 20 days is better than none.

We looked at the itinerary for the 6 Jan which combined two cruises on the Emerald but I liked the November one better and I don't have to skip a year without a cruise.

We thought the same thing. Were going to book the Baltic Heritage one but when we got the price from our TA there was no discount, no OBC so we told her no. Now she is trying again for us. I think we may be forced to go with Celebrity who do an almost identical cruise. Such a shame as we love Princess and wanted to stay faithfull.

I am usually an early booker but not this year, as you say not much discount and no OBC

Booked a river cruise, not a Princess cruise obviously, but our TA is putting together a group Barcelona to Paris with a 7 day river cruise from Arles to Lyon. This will be our first river cruise after 30+ ocean cruises and we are concerned that the people shown in the brochures all seem to be 'older' sitting in the sun asleep. It's a week and the scenery should be nice.

I had to have our TA check the price twice as I couldn't believe it was for the whole 21 days. We're very, very happy campers.

Heck, I am hoping that the price will drop...but the way Princess is offering the option of two 10 day junkets it may not. But one lives in hope.:)

Archived