LADIES: How many pairs of shoes are you taking on your cruise?

Oh boy! This thread is for me!

I usually take between 14-17 pairs of shoes!! LOL!! I wear every one of them' date=' too! A girl's got to have her shoes![/size']

LOL! My cruise is still 40 days away and I am already thinking about shoes. Will prolly have to cut a few on the list but he is the plan so far...

Black shiny stilettos

Black kitten heel flip flops

Black beach flip flops

Grey beach flip flops

Rocket Dog brown flip flops

Hot pink kitten heel flip flops

Rocket dog tennies

Boat shoes - shopping for these tomorrow :)

Oh and so many other to choose from. LOL, I have a problem :)

LOL! My cruise is still 40 days away and I am already thinking about shoes. Will prolly have to cut a few on the list but he is the plan so far...

Black shiny stilettos

Black kitten heel flip flops

Black beach flip flops

Grey beach flip flops

Rocket Dog brown flip flops

Hot pink kitten heel flip flops

Rocket dog tennies

Boat shoes - shopping for these tomorrow :)

Oh and so many other to choose from. LOL, I have a problem :)

what are KITTEN HEEL shoes???

I hate flip flops cuz of the thing between my toes...I JUST CANT DO IT lol.

I have a shoe problem too.....it's REALLY getting bad....shh don't tell the husband... LOL

I am planning on wearing my cross trainers on the plane - they take too much room! My feet swell badly, esp. in the heat, so if I want to wear cute shoes at night, i'll be wearing these for touring during the day!

In addition to those, i'll get away with my silvery sequined fitflops for by the pool, and knocking around the ship. For the evening, I have a pair of strappy wedges in a bronze metallic, which I should be able to wear with each of my dresses at night (casual maxi dresses - super cute and comfy).

Thats the plan, but it's subject to change at any moment!!! :D

As we always fly away on holiday, my cruising and non-cruising shoe packing is always about the same.

1 pair K-Swiss shoes - they're a cross between trainers (sneakers) a ballet flats. Really comfy for walking around towns etc. I'll travel in these

1 pair hiking boots - if we're doing long hikes, will be doing in Norway

1 pair fit flops great for walking around in particularly if the weather's hot

1 pair more delicate silver beaded fit flops for daytime

1 pair silver stilletto heels for evening

1 pair black stilletto heels for evening

If the weather is likely to be cooler (such as in Norway) the flip flops will go and a pair of kitten-heeled/flat sandals will take their place.

• 1 month later...

I agree with you, kc320! I love shoes as much as the next gal, but I had to suck it up and pack light. And I'm so glad because I only wore 2 pairs haha! :)

1 pair of just regular ol' flip flops

2 pair of "casual" sandals" (that can be worn with nicer outfits)

1 pair of heels

And that's it!!

We're leaving for Northern Europe in 2 weeks. Our cruise is 22 days, with 3 days in Paris before hand and 2 days in London after.....And my shoe packing is my biggest dilema. I am trying to pack my clothes so everthing mixes and matches...but it's still a problem!

As of right now, I am trying to narrow it down from:

1 pair flipflops

1 pair running shoes

1 pair super cute boat shoes

1 pair awesome neutral sandals for formal evenings

1 pair white sandals

2 pairs flat walking sandals (1 brown 1 black)

2 pairs wedges for dinners (1 black, 1 ivory)

Of course, all are super cute and help to complete :p the outfits!

For our 28 day South Pacific cruise, this is my list:

3 pr. flats....black patent, silver and gold

3 pr. sandals.....gold, white and brown, plus a pair of Tevas for the beach and water.

1 pr. flipflops for the pool

1 pr. slippers for the cabin

1 pr. black sparkly Toms...and finally

1 pr. multi metallic strappy heels

So total of 11 pairs altogether...I know it's a lot but most of are sandals and Toms don't weigh anything and besides I absolutely need all of them. This will be our 3rd long cruise and I know I can't get by with less.

One pair of thong walking sandals that can be used for pretty much everything, and one pair of trappy high heel sandals that I'll wear to dinners.

On our two week cruise next year, I'll add one more pair of daytime sandals.

1 Walking (NOT white!) pair

1 Dress pair

1 Croc sandals pair

Whether the trip is 2 days or 2 months everything goes in one carry-on size bag and one tote bag. Whether by car or cruise ship, all clothing and SLR camera equipment is in the same two bags; and those bags are always packed and ready to go within a few hours notice.

For a seven day cruise I imagine my list would include:

3-4 pairs of flip flops

3-4 pairs of heels

3-4 pairs of sandals

1 pair of tennis shoes

1 pair of boat shoes

So anywhere from 11 to 14 pairs of shoes total.

Unlike all of the clothes I pack, I actually wear every pair of shoes I take.

Ladies, if you are bringing so many pairs of shoes, I wonder how much space is left for rest of things (clothes, cosmetics etc.) I wish I could bring so many shoes, but I have to fit in 20 kg.

I usually have with me:

1 pair flat walking shoes/boots for flights (Depends what season we have in Latvia. I cannot return from cruise in sandals if it is middle of winter here)

2 pairs of comfortable walking sandals (usually white ones)

1 pair of heels for dinner (usually white or ivory colour)

Maybe a pair of flipflops for poolside.

All of my outfits usually goes with white/ivory shoes. If they dont - I leave them home :)

We just returned a few days ago and I brought 12 pairs...I only didn't wear one because of comfort. I was so glad I had so many different styles because our trip was port intensivive with lots of touring and sightseeing. I find I need to switch up my shoes so my feet don't hurt. If I wear the same pair everyday, even very comfortable shoes end up hurting somewhere on my feet.

I always threw a good, solid pair of flip flops in my bag to throw on at the end of the excursion or just to get back to the ship. I didn't always use them (say in a city like Venice) but they were very welcome after all of the Greek ancient sites...having my feet cooped up in my sturdy Merills all day...it was wonderful to release them! :-)

I think shoes are one of the most important items when packing...if your feet hurt or you get blisters...the whole trip will suck!

Don't skimp on the shoes

My dd10 and I were just having this discussion. We leave Wed. and she has 10 pairs of shoes ready to pack. I was not happy. She really doesn't need that many and we have 4 of us in the cabin and she is not tidy. I think I will bring about 5 pr.

-pair of keens

-mary jane style tennis shoes

-gold sandals for formal

-white leather espadrilles

-flip flops

These should get me through my 2 week vacation.

1 Walking (NOT white!) pair

1 Dress pair

1 Croc sandals pair

Whether the trip is 2 days or 2 months everything goes in one carry-on size bag and one tote bag. Whether by car or cruise ship, all clothing and SLR camera equipment is in the same two bags; and those bags are always packed and ready to go within a few hours notice.

I have tried to resist the temptation of asking you how you manage a carry-on and tote bag for a 2 week much less 2 month cruise!! But I am dying to know what essentials you pack for clothes. I can do a carry-on for a week at the beach or visiting my daughter however on our 31 day cruise starting the end of Sept. there are so many variables with the temperature changes(North Pacific to SE Asia) plus 6 formal nights that I am wondering exactly how I will go about packing. Please give me some insight as to what you consider a basic wardrobe for a 2 week or 2 month cruise. I am going to try to this cruise with a carry-on and one 26inch suitcase, which will be difficult as I usually have 2 26inches when I cruise for 2weeks!!:p

One pair of lightweight sneakers, one casual flip flops, one dressy flip flops and one pair dressy shoes

Usually I wear my sneakers going to ship or casual flip flops

I take 2 pair, and wear 1. They all have interchangeable tops/straps. Check out www.onesole.com I have the Elegance Soft Step

www.lindsay-phillips.com I have the Taylor, and Missy Wedge - both in black.

I have enough tops and straps to change several times a day.

I love shooz!:D For my upcoming 5-day cruise to Key West and the Bahamas I will take the following:

1 pr. flip flops (in lieu of bedroom slippers and for the beach). They are very comfortable "Crocs".

1 pr. beach/water shoes

4 pr. sandals

1 pr. sneakers

2 pr. wedge-heeled

2 pr. leather slipper-type sandals w/bows on them. They are by Steve Madden and I love, love, love them!:D

I always travel with one large suitcase that gets checked and a roll-aboard and tote bag (or big purse). Nothing less will do for me. I love clothes way too much. I could do just a roll-aboard and tote, but it's just not my style. Clothes and accessories are awesome fun!:D

I have tried to resist the temptation of asking you how you manage a carry-on and tote bag for a 2 week much less 2 month cruise!! But I am dying to know what essentials you pack for clothes. I can do a carry-on for a week at the beach or visiting my daughter however on our 31 day cruise starting the end of Sept. there are so many variables with the temperature changes(North Pacific to SE Asia) plus 6 formal nights that I am wondering exactly how I will go about packing. Please give me some insight as to what you consider a basic wardrobe for a 2 week or 2 month cruise. I am going to try to this cruise with a carry-on and one 26inch suitcase, which will be difficult as I usually have 2 26inches when I cruise for 2weeks!!:p

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Decide on your basic colors. Mine are black, tan, and white.

Think basic, classic and classy.

(Trendy and cute at home can be a very poor choice in many locales.)

Do the math: 2 pr pants x 4 tops = 8 outfits and on and on...

Add some of whatever color and fluff will fit into the bag.

Add 3 sets of underwear.

I make sure everything will fit into the bag, then remove whatever I will wear, then I know there will be a bit of extra room. Use a drop of the ship's shampoo to do hand laundry of whatever pieces you don't trust to the ship's laundry. Wring it out in a towel and hang it in the closet for quickest drying. I never hang things in the bathroom, too humid and too thoughtless of the stewards ability to do their job.

Now for the very best bit of packing advice, go to http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/packlight.htm

that's how I got my list started.

Then create your own packing list that best fits you and your destination(s).

Thanks, everyone, for letting me go astray, now back to the question of the shoes!

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Decide on your basic colors. Mine are black, tan, and white.

Think basic, classic and classy.

(Trendy and cute at home can be a very poor choice in many locales.)

Do the math: 2 pr pants x 4 tops = 8 outfits and on and on...

Add some of whatever color and fluff will fit into the bag.

Add 3 sets of underwear.

I make sure everything will fit into the bag, then remove whatever I will wear, then I know there will be a bit of extra room. Use a drop of the ship's shampoo to do hand laundry of whatever pieces you don't trust to the ship's laundry. Wring it out in a towel and hang it in the closet for quickest drying. I never hang things in the bathroom, too humid and too thoughtless of the stewards ability to do their job.

Now for the very best bit of packing advice, go to http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/packlight.htm

that's how I got my list started.

Then create your own packing list that best fits you and your destination(s).

Thanks, everyone, for letting me go astray, now back to the question of the shoes!

Thanks so much for your advice. This is my 27th cruise but the first where I know that I am probably going to have some large temperature swings. Have started breaking in my trekking sandals today. I know that previously I have always over packed actually thinking that my table mates would notice if I wore the same thing twice!:eek: Now with any time dining we rarely ever see the same people twice and I am finally of an age of "so what"!:p

Thanks so much for your advice. This is my 27th cruise but the first where I know that I am probably going to have some large temperature swings. Have started breaking in my trekking sandals today. I know that previously I have always over packed actually thinking that my table mates would notice if I wore the same thing twice!:eek: Now with any time dining we rarely ever see the same people twice and I am finally of an age of "so what"!:p

Atta girl! I'm right there with you, would love to travel with you!

Twenty-eight cruises and love the flexibility of any time dining.

Once upon a time I was insane enough to haul the beads and sequins around.

I usually bring very few pairs--one pair black heel dressy pumps for formal wear, 1-2 pairs of more casual looking pumps for regular dinner nights, one pair of flip flop/scandal and one pair of comfortable walking shoes. I make sure to coordinate all my clothes so everything goes well with my limited choices. Don't want to make hubby upset! ;)

I'm figuring on "the yet to be discovered dress heals", one pair of flats for the "smart casual" nights and my workout shoes. I figure I can wear those during the day if my Merrell's get wet(doing NE/Canada). Will wear the M's on travel days.

God knows how many pair my sister will bring, she's an Imelda Marcos when it comes to shoes. Just from her talking, I'm thinking she might bring 4-5 pair for a week. :eek:

I'm going to make her go through day/evening outfits and try to get it down to 3. Wish me luck!

I've been getting better about shoes, though I still take too many.

Tennis shoes for walking (wear on the plane)

Merrell slide sandals

one or two pair of espedrille-type wedges

one pair black heels

one pair silver heels (sometimes)

one pair casual sandals (sometimes)

It has helped that my feet aren't that great anymore and I have to be careful with my heel choices. They have to be comfy to qualify. Also, I can't wear flip-flops (and really don't like them).

This winter we cruised with only carryons because we were with 7 grandchildren and didn't want to pay 9 luggage fees. That trip I wore my tennis shoes and packed only the Merrell slides and black heels. It worked out fine.

Archived