LADIES: How many pairs of shoes are you taking on your cruise?

I'm crazy (some would say insane) about shoes and would love to bring a couple dozen pairs. This trip, however, I'm traveling without my husband, and so I'll have to be able to manage my own luggage. My intention is to be sensible about this, but the sense of deprivation may be severe. Any packing tips would be welcome, so I can get the most out of my suitcase space.

getting outfits and all together for my December cruise and i discovered that i had bought two more pair of shoes that have to go, so now i am up to 14 for 16 days--i might...MIGHT leave 1 pair home but so far....14:)

most of mine are flip-flop or sandal style and dont take up much room at all- i am NOT really a shoe person but on the cruise never know what is gonna fit my feet each day/night:eek: so i have to have plenty of options;)!!

I've been "trying" to plan around only a couple of pairs of shoes. However, I don't think it's gonna happen LOL!!

Just off the top of my head......

blingy silver birks (I think I could walk the globe in those!!)

birki pool/beach shoes

silver low heels

silver killer heels (bc they drive dh crazy ;) )

black pumps

black flats (just in case I find I can't walk well in heels while on board)

brown wedges

brown strappy heels

sneakers for the gym or walking on deck

Go for it. Have been trying to convince DH that 5 pair of tennis shoes DO NOT count as shoes. Only the other 12 pair count.

... but one particular cruise of ours the seas got rather rough. On formal night I was wearing heels, only 2" ones. My left ankle buckled under me when the ship lurched at a moment when I didn't have anything to hold on to. Long story short, the ankle was sprained and we had to cancel most of our shore excursions that cruise because I could barely hobble.

Just something to think about!:eek:

Good point. I love my stilettos, but I don't want to have an on-board mishap and be lame for the rest of the trip. Besides, I imagine I'll be doing a lot of stairs and hardwood floors on the ship. Just one slip, and . . .

A pair of kitten heels for formal nights.....I almost fell in heels on a ship and to this day will only wear kitten heels on ship, even then I am careful going up and down stairs.

4 pairs of flip flops

sneakers for gym and Disneyworld after the cruise

Uggs for walking around NYC before the cruise.

Ballerina black flats for casual dinners.

I am the Queen of overpacking :eek::D

I wish I could take more but I try to pack conservatively.

1 pair of casual flip flops

1 pair of sparkly flip flops

1 pair of dressy sandals

1 pair of brown leather comfortable walking sandals

1 pair of sneakers which I wear while traveling

We are cruising on the Navigator in November on a 14 night TA. I am trying to reduce the number of shoes I am taking and this is what I have so far:

2 pairs of flip flops (one black, one brown)

1 pair of strappy black sandals

1 pair of silver heels

1 pair of silver/gold dance shoes

1 pair of beige dance shoes

1 pair of work out shoes

1 or 2 pairs of walking shoes (1 brown, 1 black)

But. . . I bought a pair of sparkly heels that look really good with several dresses. Decisions, decisions!:D

Sherri:)

• 2 weeks later...

Very hard for me as I own 250 pairs of shoes. Bit of a weakness you might say!

In the pile waiting to go in the suitcase for our 5 night cruise next week. I have for the evenings:

1 pair of Gucci black 3 inch sandals with just a couple of straps and a gold ball with G in diamonte, very sexy and nothing much too them, so I don't do much walking in those!

1 pair of YSL killer heels, over 3 inch red velvet sandals with crystals and fancy stones in a see through heel. Sounds strange but they are FAB!

1 pair of baby pink Channel shoes, 2 1/2 inch heel so easy to walk in. I have the same in Black but with the CC in mini pearls.

2 more killer heel sandals but still deciding but will match whatever outfit I wear to the MDR each evening. The designer shoes don't get too much of a trip out these days so any excuse to dress up and wear them I am not going to pass by!

Way more casual during the day.

Pair of K Swiss purple training shoes

Bjorn Thong leather sandals 2 pairs for shore time probably black and gold.

Pair of cheapy flip flops for poolside

And any others I can't make my mind up about will be thrown in and all with matching purses of course!

Haha... Who is getting out of this with less than 10 pairs??!!! We even booked business class flights for extra luggage allowance for my shoes!

Minimum heels requirement: Silver, gold, black, nude, plus those that it would be a crime to leave behind: electric blue, oh and the killer red ones!

Then there's the "sensible" ones...5" wedges in black, white, gold.

Flats: ummmmm..... Who wears flats???

I'll be the one flat on my face at the bottom of the atrium stairs!

Archived