LADIES: How many pairs of shoes are you taking on your cruise?

So far I have:

2 flip flops, one plain black, one nicer silver

2 heels, one purple, one hot pink

1 grey/white vans slip ons

1 black short boot heels

1 black gladiator sandals

AH! I thought I only had 5, but apparently seven. Not sure on the purple heels yet... just bought them and can't tell if they're a bit too big or not. I'm not a heels person cus I am 5'9" but I AM TRYING! Might add in another pair of flip flops.

2 week cruise at least 10-12 pairs of various type of shoes

not a shoe person but my feet change so much on a cruise that i have to have "options"--have to be comfortable

I am soooo a shoe person but I do have the same problem as you do...my feet swell with fluid retention - something to do with the heat I'm told, so I sometimes end up in flip flops. Happens every time I go to the Caribbean.

This is the perfect thread for me. This is our first cruise and I'm starting to try and make a packing list. I think I have about 6 pairs of shoes I'm wanting to take, but, not sure I'll be able to take them all due to the baggage fees. Between the 4 of us, we will be bringing 5 bags which is $125 each way. Ugh :(:eek:

This is what I have so far:

1 pair of running sneakers

1 pair of cute white casual sneakers

1 pair of flip flops

1 pair of sandals

1 pair of heals for Formal nights

1 pair of shoes for the other dinner nights (haven't decided what yet)

I am soooo a shoe person but I do have the same problem as you do...my feet swell with fluid retention - something to do with the heat I'm told, so I sometimes end up in flip flops. Happens every time I go to the Caribbean.

oh most of the time i end up in flip flops too-heat, humidity, salt intake, flying i have been told so i have a lot of dressier type thongs that i know i can get my feet into and they dont take up much room at all

For our 13 day cruise on the Jewel last November:

7pairs of flip flops

2 pairs black heels

1 pair silver heels

1 pair beige heels

and my gym shoes!

Would have taken more but limited by flying. We're driving in June so who knows how many I'll take?:D

Sherri:)

We've had some fun, and a few surprises, with this question on the Celebrity forum.

For a 2 week cruise I normally take 7 pairs:

1 pair of beach flip-flops/shower shoes

1 pair of non-beach flip-flops

1 pair walking shoes

1 pair of my signature red loafers

1 pair sandals

1 pair black pumps (not stilettos)

1 pair silver pumps (not stilettos)

First let me say how much I enjoy this board--just girlie stuff!

Now to the shoes! My goodness, how do you ever carry 12 pairs?

We only travel with carry-on luggage--so that pretty much determines the shoe wardrobe!

I take one pair of black sort-of dressy shoes I can wear with formal or just dinner.

I take one pair of walking sandals with good thick soles for ship and port. I usually wear one pair of black Merrill sandals. that's 3. And I also like to take a pair of gym shoes if I plan to do the gym daily. Happy cruising!

It doesn't matter if I'm going for 3 days or 30, I need at least 6 pairs of shoes. Flip flops for pool/beach, runners (sneakers) for gym, comfortable walking sandals, dress sandals, and 2 pairs of comfortable walking shoes (flats). With so much anticipated walking on my upcoming Mediterranean cruise, I've already purchased 3 new pair and am breaking them in in Vegas this coming weekend.

So many shoes, so little space. I would love to bring all-minus the winter boots(had enough of those). I will limit myself-planning to stop in at Marshalls and perhaps Payless briefly before cruise leaves San Juan, so I need space, just in case.....:D

Sneaker for the gym

one pair of flip flops

one pair of flat sandals, like flip flops but in gold (leather)

6 or 7 pairs of shoes for evening, all stillettos.

Yikes, I guess that's 10 :eek:

Too. Freaking. Many

I usually bring

-a pair of sneakers,

-black, flip flops, white flip flops, and 2 other random pairs.

-Regular flat sandals, like 2 pairs?

-And then usually for night is where I break out the big dogs. I think last cruise I had maybe 5 pairs of heels for night that I wore interchangeably.

I love shoes!!

I'm not doing to bad after reading this thread. I'm wearing mainly shades of brown and sticking to black pants with different tops so not too many shoes to take.

1 formal night sandal (that won't be worn other than then)

1 casual cork sandal for brown outfits

1 casual black sandal

1 tennis shoes for shore excursions

1 swimming pool sandals

1 comfortable brown athletic sandal to relax in if my feet hurt

If my sexy shoes arrive from Bon Ton before this Friday (sad face ) I'll switch the athletic soft sandals and just deal with the pool sandals for comfort.

Not too bad, right? 6 seems average ....I'll wear the tennis shoes going and coming for less baggage weight

Wow! I can't believe how many shoes so many of you take lol! As I said in an earlier post, I wear a comfy pair of sandals and take a pair of flip flops and a dressy pair of sandals for evenings! I don't want to cart around any more than that! Could never call me an overpacker!! I can manage nicely with a 22"rollaboard and a tote bag, whether going for a week or a few weeks.

two pairs formal sandals

two pairs casual/port sandals (black and tan)

strappy dinner sandals

pool shoes

running shoes

airplane/ ohmygoshtheylostmyluggage maryjane tennies

I guess I should quantify - this is for a 15-day cruise with 3 formal nights; and we are training for a 1/2 marathon, so the running shoes are really for running :rolleyes:

So far, at the very least I am taking:

2 pair of dressy sandals for formal nights (they are both so cute, I can't leave 1 behind:rolleyes:) (both black)

2 pair of cute wedge sandals for other dinning room nights (both black)

1 pair of water/excursion sandals (Keens)

1 pair of athletic shoes (Nike)

and 1 pair of cute flip flops for pool

But, I may add more flip flops!:D

I guess I should quantify - this is for a 15-day cruise with 3 formal nights; and we are training for a 1/2 marathon, so the running shoes are really for running :rolleyes:

Never feel guilty! It's your vacation, have fun and feel great about what you take. I've been making changes these last couple weeks and I'm ready to fly out to FL Fri. What I'm taking shoes, clothes, new makeup ...I'm going to love every minute of it! Enjoy your cruise!

Usually...

1 pair of sneakers (worn on the plane)

1 pair of everyday sandals

1 pair of dress sandals for evenings

1 pair of heels for formal nights

Oh boy! This thread is for me!

I usually take between 14-17 pairs of shoes!! LOL!! I wear every one of them' date=' too! A girl's got to have her shoes![/size']

I don't know if I even own 17 pairs of shoes

I am taking:

3 wedges - 1 black, 1 brown, 1 white

5 sandals - 1 black, 1 brown, 1 white, 1 silver, and wearing 1 light blue

2 flip flops - 1 black, 1 bronze

And my niece has already told me she is taking around 9 pair of shoes. :eek: Granted most of hers will be sandals/flip flops also, but I dunno where she gets it from. :rolleyes: :p

Archived