A day in originating port, first or last?

RollTideRollRich

So, I am probably about an hour from deciding, but wanted to see if I could get an opinion before then. When have you guys found that is best to schedule a day in the originating port to explore? I'm sailing from Barcelona, so I thought that it would be silly to not take a day and see Barcelona! However, no idea if the flight would be more demanding (jet lag) or what? I was stationed in Okinawa from 02-04, and now that's some jet lag! :mad:

What do you guys think?

If you are fixing your own flights, always fly out a day early - that sight-seeing day in Barca just might be valuable wriggle room to get to the ship in time for the sailaway, if your flight is cancelled or seriously delayed.

John Bull

If you are fixing your own flights, always fly out a day early - that sight-seeing day in Barca just might be valuable wriggle room to get to the ship in time for the sailaway, if your flight is cancelled or seriously delayed.

John Bull

Well, actually, I just had a thought and then I clicked to check my thread. I'm already arriving the day beforehand, so if I add a day to the front end, that's way more time than adding one to the backend. Then again, if I have fun at a place and want to go back... I dunno, I guess since I'm booking my own flight I could rebook if I just had to go back.

If I was cruising from Barcelona, and my schedule would allow it, I would probably fly in a couple of days ahead of time to enjoy Barcelona. Or try to stay a couple of days afterwards.

Whereas, for a Caribbean cruise, I don't need to spend a lot of extra time in FLL.

Well I booked to arrive 2 days early, so it should all be fine!:D

Good Choice. Many on our RC, us included, are flying in 2 days before and some 3 days. This gives us a chance to rest a little as well as see some of Barcelona before we sail. It's also a great buffer in case of delays. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived