A question re Lotus Spa "Linen Mist"?

Mimg Pao

When cleaning out a bathroom cabinet this morning, I found a couple of bottles of Linen Mist. Probably a silly question but I really am not sure if Linen Mist is to be sprayed on my linen or my body:confused:

As Elite passengers, who usually sail on b2b's, we receive items that we may not use on a particular cruise. Actually, I do not recall ever using Linen Mist and have no idea why I brought the bottles home.

So....if anyone knows what the spray is used for, I would appreciate it.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

• 6 years later...

I also bring them home and I think I have more than 20 in one of my travel bins. My son just shakes his head and says "why do you bring that stuff home - if you don't use it on the cruise, I doubt you will ever use the."

I also have wondered what it really is suppose to be used for. I sprayed it on a pillow once but after I brushed my teeth and got into bed, I couldn't smell anything.

Great question! I've wondered the same but never thought to post or Google it which I've just done. Now I know what I can do with all of those bottles that I have in the little gold bags that I always bring home (and hubby gives me a hard time about):

Here are some of the ways you can use linen spray:

• Spray on soft furnishings like the lounge, curtains, carpets, rugs and bedding to freshen between washes
    • Use as an ironing aide for fresh smelling clothes
    • Use as a pest deterrent
    • Spray clothes to keep fresh between washes
    • Use as an air freshener
    • Spray in the car
    • Spray in the closet to keep clothes fresh and bugs away
    • Spray on your pillow at night to aid sleep
    • Spray on your skin as a skin freshener
    • Spray on soft furnishings as a natural antibacterial / antiviral agent.

a bit of a warning. . . .

There are many types of "linen mists".

The original idea was to spray on bed linens to promote sleep. The ingredients were usually essential oils such as lavendar and chamomile. These oils were safe organic substances and are safe for contact with skin etc.

Eucalyptis can also be used for breathing and relaxation, it is a good pest repellent. (bed bugs, lice etc. don't like it)

I would caution from using on clothing before ironing because this could cause staining as the oil is heated. I would never spray linen mist on my face as it was never intended for direct contact with your eyes and mouth.

I collect toiletries and donate them to a military support group that sends these items to our soldiers overseas. I'm sure your local areas have something similar or food pantry, women's shelter and any items would be appreciated vs putting them in the trash.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I collect toiletries and donate them to a military support group that sends these items to our soldiers overseas. I'm sure your local areas have something similar or food pantry, women's shelter and any items would be appreciated vs putting them in the trash.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We only do that with the lotion & other items.

When cleaning out a bathroom cabinet this morning, I found a couple of bottles of Linen Mist. Probably a silly question but I really am not sure if Linen Mist is to be sprayed on my linen or my body:confused:

As Elite passengers, who usually sail on b2b's, we receive items that we may not use on a particular cruise. Actually, I do not recall ever using Linen Mist and have no idea why I brought the bottles home.

So....if anyone knows what the spray is used for, I would appreciate it.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

I use it as an air freshener while traveling in the bathroom. It's small, non aerosol and easy to pack on non-cruise trips. I like having it. Not sure of it's intended use, but assumed it was meant to freshen linens between the 3 day changes.

• 4 weeks later...

After moving them here and there -- I decided to look it up and CC came up as the third google item - -ha ha ha

I have given the to the homeless shelter as well -- figuring it might just be a bit special on industrial sheets -- I have used it as an air freshener - as a pillow freshener -- as a room freshener -- but never figured out EXACTLY -- but the shoe freshener -- there you go -- that is next for hubby for sure ~~~:evilsmile:

I am glad to know that some ppl arent getting them any longer -- I will stockpile a few if I get them on the ISLAND in in 2 weeks -- I got one in January on the Caribbean ....

I use the empty spray bottle ( well cleaned ) for baby oil - to soften my feet at night -- no mess - no fuss . a little goes a long way anyway .............

thanks for everyone who posted your info . ideas :cool::cool: