Mariner D1-2 over E1-2,big difference?

Have booked 2 E2 cabins at the forward part of the hump; for $20 more can get a D2 but not on the hump. It lists a larger cabin 199 sf vs 184 sf, and a larger balcony 65.7 vs 50.8 sf. Is it worth the change or is the forward hump cabin 6612 better?:confused:

We did a cabin crawl on the Navigator (Mariner's twin) and the sequence included an E2 and a D1. My wife said that the D1 felt much bigger and squarer, especially seeing them one after the other in the space of five minutes. So for $20 pp I would upgrade.

Both cabins are in the center of the ship per your post.

It's much easier to walk around the end of the bed in the D's. There is more room between the end of the bed and the wall. :)

that to me was the main difference, getting around the bed. the rest wouldnt have made any difference to me.

we did one of those rollcall things where we viewed different cabins in a row too.

Cabin space on any cruise comes at a premium. Have sailed in D's several times. Can't beat them. The space difference from an E might not seem like much when looking at the numbers; however, the feel is substantially different, imo. Go for the D!

We did a cabin crawl as well and while the numbers may not seem a lot different, to us the D felt a lot bigger.

We would definitely recommend going with the higher category for the extra $20.

Archived