Has anyone here flown recently?..

kelkel2

I can't get any answers from the airline. I am flying Delta and just saw that TSA said no "airesols" on the your checked or carry on luggage. Does the "spray" sunscreen that comes in a can count as an airesol (spelling may be wrong).

Also a friend of mine said that they limit how much liquid you can check on your luggage.

Does anyone know about the spray sunscreen? Or does anyone know if the really do limit your fluids on your checked baggage. Or How much the limit is? I'm sure I'm under the limit but I can't get any answers and I DO NOT want my luggage to be delayed in getting to my destination for any reason. I do not want to push my luck!

I can't get any answers from the airline. I am flying Delta and just saw that TSA said no "airesols" on the your checked or carry on luggage. Does the "spray" sunscreen that comes in a can count as an airesol (spelling may be wrong).

Also a friend of mine said that they limit how much liquid you can check on your luggage.

Does anyone know about the spray sunscreen? Or does anyone know if the really do limit your fluids on your checked baggage. Or How much the limit is? I'm sure I'm under the limit but I can't get any answers and I DO NOT want my luggage to be delayed in getting to my destination for any reason. I do not want to push my luck!

That's a new one on me. I know that hairspray is pressurized and has been in cans in checked baggage. If the fluid in question is in a pump container then there is no problem in checked baggage.

Any fluids in "carry on" luggage are limited to 3 fluid ounces each and all 3oz containers must fit in a 1 quart zip seal bag that is displayed and declared separately when you go through the security screening process prior to boarding.

Suggest you google the TSA (US) and CATSA (Cdn) websites for what is and isn't allowed in checked and carry on baggage.

Ciao for now!!!

Not sure what the problem is with the sunscreen. If there is any question put it in the checked luggage. There will not be a lot of sun in the plane, so why hassle with it.

As to limits on liquids in check luggage, I have not heard of any.

If it's a pump spray you can bring it as long as it's not more than 3 oz. The best thing is to pack what you don't need right away in your checked luggage. They don't like the aerosol cans because of the pressure in them that can explode when airplanes change pressure. I've never had them limit what is in my checked luggage.

I flew Delta in late January/early February and had no issue with spray sunscreen in my checked luggage. I also usually have a liter of vodka in each checked bag and have never had a problem. I would think the 50 pound limit would limit the amount of liquid in your checked luggage, I hve never heard of a limit for liquid.

The spray sunscreen I have used by coppertone is not aerosol. It is fine in checked luggage. I usually put 2 containers of sunscreen - one spray and one that is lotion. I have yet to see spray aerosol sunscreen.

I think more of hairspray that is aerosol that was popular in the 80's. I know it is still out there but most have moved to non-aerosol. Remember aquanet - that was aerosol.

Aerosols (not paint) are permitted in checked or carry-on luggage, provided what you carry on is according to the 3-1-1 rule. 1-1 quart bag of containers of liquid no more than 3 oz. each per passenger.

Yes, spray sunscreen in a pressurized can (aka, "continuous spray") is an aerosol, and should not be packed in carry-on, same as pressurized cans of insect repellant, room deodorizer, and CheezWhiz.

Yes, spray sunscreen in a pressurized can (aka, "continuous spray") is an aerosol, and should not be packed in carry-on, same as pressurized cans of insect repellant, room deodorizer, and CheezWhiz.

I thought they xrayed all bags now? I didn't have a problem one last month and I had two of the continuous spray pressuized sun screens in my checked bags.

Maybe I did misread. I saw where it said aerosols were on the banned list. When I called delta to clarify all the agent would say is "no aerosols allowed". She wouldn't answer questions about them. I do not need to carry them on, I just want to check them. But like I said I saw that aerosols were on the banned list..

I went to the TSA site & your aerosol sunscreen should not be a problem:

[/url]

I went there too, and it looks like it's open to interpretation. However, it's worth noting that most pressurized sunscreen comes in sizes greater than 3 ounces, and therefore would be banned from carry-ons under the "amount of liquid in one container" rule regardless of the means of propulsion...

I went there too, and it looks like it's open to interpretation. However, it's worth noting that most pressurized sunscreen comes in sizes greater than 3 ounces, and therefore would be banned from carry-ons under the "amount of liquid in one container" rule regardless of the means of propulsion...

It isn't clear whether it's okay in checked bags or carryons, or maybe ok in both but it does say that aerosols are banned except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities. I don't think I'd try it in a carryon because it's vague & could be confiscated but it shouldn't be any problem in checked bags.

;)

It isn't clear whether it's okay in checked bags or carryons, or maybe ok in both but it does say that aerosols are banned except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities. I don't think I'd try it in a carryon because it's vague & could be confiscated but it shouldn't be any problem in checked bags.

That's what I'm saying...It's so vague... I called Delta. The rep pulled up TSA's website and read the exact line you just typed and said according to that sentence she would say they are not allowed? But she said to call TSA. So, when they are open tomorrow I will call! I will update you all with what I find out!

Just got back from a trip using Delta....go to their website and check out the rules for the airlines.....I would not bring aerosol on board....just put it in your checked luggage. The airlines are still enforcing the 3 oz rule in a qt baggie for carry on...so do not stray from that.

;)

That's what I'm saying...It's so vague... I called Delta. The rep pulled up TSA's website and read the exact line you just typed and said according to that sentence she would say they are not allowed? But she said to call TSA. So, when they are open tomorrow I will call! I will update you all with what I find out!

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Why not just put it in the checked luggage?

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Why not just put it in the checked luggage?

I's not. I don't want it in my carry on. I want it in my checked luggage, but Delta is saying it's no longer allowed. :( The Delta rep told me no aerosols, even in checked according to TSA. I'm just wondering when this changed?

;)

You're making this harder than it has to be!

Is your sunscreen in a container larger than 3 oz? If so, then you must check it.

Is your sunscreen in an aerosol container of any size? If so, then you must check it.

Are aerosols permitted in checked baggage? Yes, as long as it's not spray paint or industrial solvent or something ridiculous like that. Personal toiletries in aerosol containers are permitted in checked baggage. I use aerosol hairspray and have never had a problem packing it in checked luggage on countless flights.

Archived