An OCD review of Golden/Hawaii-Pictures!!

hermajestylanie

What do people do to get over the post-cruise let down?

The only way is to start planning the next one!

I loved your review. And I am sure if I would go back through all your entries, I would find the answer to my question ------ but - we leave next week and I am trying to pack, etc.

How many formal nights were there? 2 or 3?

Thanks -

Mary Lou

Jasperdo,

I enjoyed eveyone one of you pictures as well. Great job!!!

We will be on the Golden Princess in November 23, 2011 to Hawaii.

anything else I should know? We did sail on the Golden in 2007 to Mexico.

Just wondering if there were some big changes.

Mike

I also loved your pictures. You did a fantastic job of capturing the ship- I felt like I was walking down the halls!

From what I understand' date=' a lot of changes when the renovation was done. My one time on the Golden was in December, and before we left, I found some site that had deck plans (besides the one on Princess). These plans were very outdated. Now it has MUTS and the International Cafe as well as the Piazza.

On my last day or so, we were sitting in the Horizon (but in the back area -- if you ever can't find available seats in the Horizon, try one of the back areas) and there were servers, but not one asked me if I wanted a drink. Very surprising after the week of just about excellent service.[/quote']

We usually ended up sitting at those back tables too and just getting out own utensils and things, or taking our food down with us the the cafe- the Piazza is a nice place to eat!

I have thoroughly enjoyed your review too.

A comment on the drink servers in the Horizon court: They never used to

have to serve drinks to passengers. ;)It was something Princess started

doing a few years ago on certain ships. Although it's a nice gesture,

I prefer to get my own drinks most of the time, and I do. They don't

care if you get your own. Our buffet stewards were overly efficient,

snatching our plates when we still had one dessert left, or a roll and some

salad left -- a little too eager. LOL

You never saw dirty dishes left for very long, as has been my experience

on all Princess cruises.

Can't wait for my cruise on the Golden in 3 months.

I must have gone at the peak eating times, becasue there were some tables that were very messy and they were not in any rush to clear them. But as soon as I sat down at a dirty table, someone rushed over to clear it off and wipe it down. Maybe that is the right strategy!

It does seem like a nice gesture, and maybe works better at dinner time, but at least for breakfast it is strange and pretty slow!

Missing your postings:) Let us know if you post more of your pictures on flicker ! We are now thinking either Alaska again or the Coastal I would like to do the Coastal because I could do that one next year , I would have to wait 2 years to do Alaska...:( Thank you once again for your review and once again you did a good job.

I am working on getting all of my photos uploaded, so when they are done I will post the link for anyone interested!

I had such a great time on my Hawaiian cruise with you guys! Oh, wait, I wasn't actually on the cruise, was I? Well, thanks to your vivid descriptions and fantastic photos, I sure felt like I was (I even think my skirt's waistband is a little tighter today . . . hmmm, frowning about that!) and so now, I, too, have post-cruise letdown. This was a fantastic review. I've read a lot of reviews on this site and yours definitely stands as one of the best. Thanks for the wonderful read.

Haha! Thanks you! Maybe I could post my post cruise work out log and we can all lose the weight together!! :D

Your review, and Hollybelle's Island Hopping in the Caribbean, are the 2 best reviews I have ever read. The pictures are great, along with the entertaining and informative narration.

I'm sad to see the end of your review!:( Now, you just need to plan your next cruise, and report back to us! I highly recommend Alaska (Voyage of the Glaciers cruise on Princess). Be sure to see Glacier Bay, whatever itinerary you choose.

Hollybelle's review was amazing! The pictures are wonderful- very artistic too!

I don't know... there is a possiblity that we will be super impulsive this summer, and you may see another review up here from me... It depends on our schedule and the prices too. I am kind of hoping that we might be able to book a last minute out of SF to Alaska...

The only way is to start planning the next one!

I loved your review. And I am sure if I would go back through all your entries, I would find the answer to my question ------ but - we leave next week and I am trying to pack, etc.

How many formal nights were there? 2 or 3?

Thanks -

Mary Lou

Oh, no problem. It would be too hard to sift thru my ramblings anyways! There were three formal nights. The first was the First Friday at sea, the the second was the next Friday, which is the day after Maui, then the thrid was Monday, which is the day before Ensenada.

Have a fantastic time!

i am working on getting all of my photos uploaded, so when they are done i will post the link for anyone interested!

Haha! Thanks you! Maybe i could post my post cruise work out log and we can all lose the weight together!! :d

hollybelle's review was amazing! The pictures are wonderful- very artistic too!

I don't know... There is a possiblity that we will be super impulsive this summer, and you may see another review up here from me... It depends on our schedule and the prices too. I am kind of hoping that we might be able to book a last minute out of sf to alaska...

you can do it!!!!

Whew! I finally did it. My computer kept timing out, which is why I thought I wouldn't have these up for a couple of days, but it did work. For those who are interested, below is the link to just about all the pictures I took on the cruise. There are a lot, as it would have taken a lot more time to keep deleting the bad ones. And they are kind of out of order due to my poor uploading skills.

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/hermajestylanie/Hawaiian%20Princess%20Cruise%202011/

Will do! Should have them ready in a couple days. The uploading process just takes forever!

I know what you mean...I took so many that it took me days to get them all uploaded and labeled. I can't wait to see what you took.

Your shots are great...we went to some of the same places... I loved Akaka Falls and I think Hawaii has the most beautiful waterfalls. Where were all the turtles?

Thanks! We were lucky enough to see all the turtles when we went to Punaluu balck sand beach on the big island of Hawaii. I was stunned to see so many, it was pretty great! There were literally dozens that we could see in the surf as well, though it looked pretty rough out there. I believe I read that in the summer season it calms down a bit and can be a good beach for swimming.

Whew! I finally did it.

:D Thanks for this awesome photo review! We were on this cruise too, even took a pic or two of you guys with your camera. It was fun getting to see some that we missed out on. Sadly, we were two of the people in the elevator that dropped several levels (like a bad car-wreck) less than half-way through the cruise. That's why so many were shut off or being worked on all the time. We were told to keep it quiet. Although heavily medicated at times, we tried to make the best of it and to have as much fun as possible.

I think a few of the elderly ladies in the elevator with us were probably hurt far worse than we were. It was to be a dream cruise for us too. No one could imagine the things those of us in the elevator incident were put through during and after the incident and will likely continue to deal with for some time.

Still, I'm not scared off of cruises nor elevators! I know the next one will be awesome! I just wish Princess could give this one back since we pretty much had to miss it due to their malfunctioning rogue elevator. In spite of our agony, there has been no follow-up yet. We paid for something we did not get and came home with pain, sadness and disappointment. It took five days of interviews, interrogations, meetings and paperwork before even one Princess staff member said a kind word to any of us after the ordeal.

I look forward to what they will have to say, if anything. I am glad to see the pics you posted and all of the fun things that went on! It was a cruise to remember in so many ways! I was the least injured so I got around more and did things, but would love to have felt like myself! I got to live it out through your pics! Thanks! :p

:D Thanks for this awesome photo review! We were on this cruise too, even took a pic or two of you guys with your camera. It was fun getting to see some that we missed out on. Sadly, we were two of the people in the elevator that dropped several levels (like a bad car-wreck) less than half-way through the cruise. That's why so many were shut off or being worked on all the time. We were told to keep it quiet. Although heavily medicated at times, we tried to make the best of it and to have as much fun as possible.

I think a few of the elderly ladies in the elevator with us were probably hurt far worse than we were. It was to be a dream cruise for us too. No one could imagine the things those of us in the elevator incident were put through during and after the incident and will likely continue to deal with for some time.

Still, I'm not scared off of cruises nor elevators! I know the next one will be awesome! I just wish Princess could give this one back since we pretty much had to miss it due to their malfunctioning rogue elevator. In spite of our agony, there has been no follow-up yet. We paid for something we did not get and came home with pain, sadness and disappointment. It took five days of interviews, interrogations, meetings and paperwork before even one Princess staff member said a kind word to any of us after the ordeal.

I look forward to what they will have to say, if anything. I am glad to see the pics you posted and all of the fun things that went on! It was a cruise to remember in so many ways! I was the least injured so I got around more and did things, but would love to have felt like myself! I got to live it out through your pics! Thanks! :p

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you follow-up with Princess about this and let us know. I do hope they do something for you.

Whew! I finally did it. My computer kept timing out, which is why I thought I wouldn't have these up for a couple of days, but it did work. For those who are interested, below is the link to just about all the pictures I took on the cruise. There are a lot, as it would have taken a lot more time to keep deleting the bad ones. And they are kind of out of order due to my poor uploading skills.

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/hermajestylanie/Hawaiian%20Princess%20Cruise%202011/

WOW! Thanks so much. I have been looking forward to these pix all week!

Katherine

OMG! I hope they are compensating you for this....

Wow! Well thanks for taking our picture!

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you and the aftermath as well. I do hope they will do something for you to help make up for that. Please keep us posted if possible!

I would think you ought to get compensation, just to keep you quiet.

;) Me too! LOL!

Not a word from Princess! They don't even bother to return our calls! I'm not letting this go. I never want this to happen to anyone else. It could have been much worse. Happy cruising! :D

I am so glad I found your ever-so-helpful info that you have posted. You have helped us bunches on what to expect on the Golden [leaving on April 13th to Hawaii] but I was hoping you could answer some questions about the Movies Under The Stars. Are there two movie sessions per day, afternoon and evening? Is it around the main pool or is it on an upper deck? Are people still swimming during the shows and does it interfere? What about if it is raining? Do they show any movies at an indoor theater? Any info you can pass on will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sammy333 of Ohio

;) Me too! LOL!

Not a word from Princess! They don't even bother to return our calls! I'm not letting this go. I never want this to happen to anyone else. It could have been much worse. Happy cruising! :D

I once took part in a trial [i'm wasn't an attorney but a court employee] where people were suing for hundreds of thousands

of dollars because they were in an elevator that suddenly dropped,

which caused them to fall and injure their backs. Sadly, the jury

awarded them nothing because of pre-exising injuries. That was back

in 1992.

Good luck to you ... so sorry this happened to you and I hope you feel

better soon. The impact of anything like you encountered can be

life changing. Make sure to get the proper physical therapy too.

I am so glad I found your ever-so-helpful info that you have posted. You have helped us bunches on what to expect on the Golden [leaving on April 13th to Hawaii] but I was hoping you could answer some questions about the Movies Under The Stars. Are there two movie sessions per day, afternoon and evening? Is it around the main pool or is it on an upper deck? Are people still swimming during the shows and does it interfere? What about if it is raining? Do they show any movies at an indoor theater? Any info you can pass on will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sammy333 of Ohio

I am glad you found it helpful! Generally they played movies on MUTS a few times a day. Ther newer movies were shown at nighttime, at around 7pm and 10pm. They also showed movies on MUTS at around 9am, 12:30, and 2:30pm (different movies). On occasion there were people swimming in the pool in the evenings, but mostly people were in the hot tub. We were not bothered by this at at, as sometimes it was us in the hot tub! They play it loud enough that you can still hear it in the afternoons when people are louder and swimming. The MUTS is outside, so when it rains you will get wet. You can still watch the movies from beneath the overhang off to the side or in the back. We did this once when the chairs were sopping wet. There were also movies shown in the inside Princess theatre at around 3pm everyday.

It was pretty dang cold out at night when we were sailing, I hope it is warmer for you! They do have little blankets, but most the time they do not put them out and you have to search for the rack. They will also (sometimes) bring around free popcorn, but you can also go get it at the ice cream place.

Hope this helps! Have a blast!