Fitness Centers - Can teens use?

I am interested in a Freedomof the Seas cruise. RCI customer service said the age requirement for the fitness center is 16. Anyone know how strict they are? I have a 14 and 15 year old, both with gym memberships at our local gym, and both hockey players. The would like to use the fitness center! Does anyone know if they ever make exceptions with a signed waiver, etc.? Do they ask for proof of age when you enter the fitness center? Allow under 16 year olds with an adult? Thanks

I am interested in a Freedomof the Seas cruise. RCI customer service said the age requirement for the fitness center is 16. Anyone know how strict they are? I have a 14 and 15 year old, both with gym memberships at our local gym, and both hockey players. The would like to use the fitness center! Does anyone know if they ever make exceptions with a signed waiver, etc.? Do they ask for proof of age when you enter the fitness center? Allow under 16 year olds with an adult? Thanks

You are correct. The age limit is 16. You called and found out.

This is from the Guest Conduct Policy:

*** Guests ages 13 to 15 may be permitted to utilize the Fitness Center during certain times of the day; provided the young guest is accompanied and supervised at all times by their parent or guardian and provided a waiver of liability has been signed by the parent or guardian who is present in the fitness center. See the Cruise Compass or contact Guest Services for the specific Fitness Center age restrictions on your cruise vacation.

Archived