Coffee on board

My Mother and Grandmother drink lots of coffee, in between meals. Besides the WJ and MDR, is coffee available from any of the lounges on Enchanment of the Seas? (not asking for any fancy coffee, just the free kind)

I've seen coffee in some of the bars, around the dinner hours...but haven't seen it during the daytime.....

The WJ is easy to get your own, tho....it may be to their benefit to bring a small thermos, so they don't have to go back and forth all the time!

We actually looked forward to the ports of call to have a REAL cup of coffee. McDonalds, never tasted so Gooooooooooooood, after sampling whats on board. Even in the concienage club, it tasted bad.

Safe travels

We actually looked forward to the ports of call to have a REAL cup of coffee. McDonalds, never tasted so Gooooooooooooood, after sampling whats on board. Even in the concienage club, it tasted bad.

Safe travels

Must say you are right, always hated McDonalds coffee, but it is better than ships.

It's weird, for some reason they love it! They had ome from the promenade cafe on voyager, and were always seen sitting there sipping it!

I love it too, it is just like me, strong and bitter......just saying.....

It's weird, for some reason they love it! They had ome from the promenade cafe on voyager, and were always seen sitting there sipping it!

That's the thing, Missa. Enchantment doesn't have a Café Promenade, and nothing equivalent. Free coffee when the Windjammer is closed doesn't exist, as far as I know.

(I don't suppose that you are D+ or perhaps sailing in a suite, GS or above? You can get free coffee 24/7 in the Concierge Lounge)

That's the thing, Missa. Enchantment doesn't have a Café Promenade, and nothing equivalent. Free coffee when the Windjammer is closed doesn't exist, as far as I know.

(I don't suppose that you are D+ or perhaps sailing in a suite, GS or above? You can get free coffee 24/7 in the Concierge Lounge)

I figured on it being tricky without the Cafe Promenade, (I'm gonna miss my chocolate chip cookies too)!

Looks WJ it is, with a thermos, hehe. Knowing them, they'll still try asking in the schooner lounge/bar. I just wanted to give them an in formed heads up.

Nope not D+ nor have a suite, just made Platinum last cruise :)

Outside the windjammer around the corner going outdoors there is a beverage station as well as in the solarium.

Coffee was too strong for me too. I brought my own (grocery stores sell individual tubes that I added the boiling water too.....much better than what was on the ship, by the way it is Seattle's Best coffee that is served.

Is the regular coffee actually fresh brewed or some sort of coffee made with "coffee flavored syrup"?

I hope it's not the "coffee flavored syrup"! I saw a CM replace the 5 gallon bag of coffee at the beverage station on the Disney Magic. After witnessing that I understood why the coffee tasted like something left overnight at the hospital ER.

Just sailed the Enchantment and IMO the coffee was horrid:eek:. I usually drink 4-5 cups every morning and 1 cup of decaf after my evening meal and I tried several different times and places on the ship and it was the same everywhere, so bad that I couldn't drink it, needless to say, I thoroughly enjoy my coffee even more since being home:D. I really think they should put coffee makers in all rooms (not just the suites) so cruisers can bring their own coffee from home if they wish. I suppose everyone has their own tastes but there were a few people I talked to onboard that really liked the coffee but for the most part most didn't.

I brought my own (grocery stores sell individual tubes that I added the boiling water too.....much better than what was on the ship, by the way it is Seattle's Best coffee that is served.

I am a coffee snob who likes fresh ground Italian Roast. I guess I better bring some of those tolerable Starbucks VIA Ready Brew packages. I believe that there is an electric hot water kettle is the Junior Suite.

Got that right!!! We do ours, half water and half coffee

Half coffee and half milk for me. Except at the Promenade Cafe which has good coffee. Although as an earlier post mentioned, no Promenade Cafe on the Enchantment.

I also do not like to the coffee in the WJ - but I do like the coffee in Cafe Promenade and Latte-tudes. I will pay for coffee I can drink. I have also learned that in the main dining room if I ask for my coffee early (to drink with dinner) it is pretty good.

Latte-tudes should also have your chocolate chip cookies - although my DH likes the mudslide cookies better.

So i guess cruise= bad coffee!!!! im sad because i love cruising and coffee! what a dillema!

Just to add a ray of hope here we recently(Feb.14) were on Jewel and as usual the first morning in the WJ I ordered my cup of half coffee/half hot water to avoid the bitter sludge I was used to. Well, the coffee was way too weak, so I dumped it and got a cup of just coffe and it wasn't bad at all...not the best coffee I've ever had , but acceptable. I was surprised! Hopefully, the start of a trend, at least, on Jewel of the Seas.

Archived