VeniceAirporter.com

NCMtnBoys

Anyone ever used? Their website shows a private transfer from the Airport to the Cruise Port for 38 Euro all inclusive for up to 4 people. I have an email inquiry into them to see if they offer the same transfer TO the airport for the same price early in the morning. Just curious if anyone had any comments, good or bad, about them.

Thanks!

Anyone ever used? Their website shows a private transfer from the Airport to the Cruise Port for 38 Euro all inclusive for up to 4 people. I have an email inquiry into them to see if they offer the same transfer TO the airport for the same price early in the morning. Just curious if anyone had any comments, good or bad, about them.

Thanks!

Based on your question, I went to their website to check them out. They offer very competitve rates and meet you at the airport. i also went to Trip Advisor to read reviews and there basically are none.

They seem to have been in operation since at least 2008, but I would be hesitant to use them without some positive reviews of this company.

I hope someone who has used them reports on their reliability.

Terri

Based on your question, I went to their website to check them out. They offer very competitve rates and meet you at the airport. i also went to Trip Advisor to read reviews and there basically are none.

They seem to have been in operation since at least 2008, but I would be hesitant to use them without some positive reviews of this company.

I hope someone who has used them reports on their reliability.

Terri

Thank you for your help.

Yea, I can't really find anything else on them either. I found one post on a Rick Steves thread saying they used them from the airport to some other island, a combo of land vehicle and water taxi. I would think that since they're the lowest cost transfer I can find that other folks would have known about them by now and used them, and reported about them.

I would be miffed if I had them booked and they didn't show up at the port when I disembarked. Then what do I do at 6:15am?

Thanks again. Not sure whether I want to take the risk, or pay slightly more for another option.

Hi,

Do you have any more info on this company? We need to get from the airport to the cruise terminal. One quote was 105 euros per person. The cruise line wants $129. pp.

There are several options to get from the airport to the pier. Depends on your budget, mobility, and amount of luggage.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_air.htm

The most convenient is taxi, around 35E. There will be a line of taxis at the airport so no need to reserve.

Hi,

Do you have any more info on this company? We need to get from the airport to the cruise terminal. One quote was 105 euros per person. The cruise line wants $129. pp.

Thanks,

Carol

That quote would be kindly called a complete "ripoff." From the airport to the cruise port you can simply grab a land taxi (also called an automobile) outside the terminal. Not sure of the current fare but it should be about 40 Euros for the cab....which could easily hold 2 plus luggage. For more then 2 (and luggage) you might need to find a larger van/taxi. But at $258 per couple you have found the mother of all Venice ripoffs!

Hank

it really depends how able bodied you are and how many are in your group. If its a group of four, I'd probably just do a taxi to the ship but there is a very easy to use bus at the airport for 3 Euros per person- no tipping allowed. The bus driver stows your bags for your under the bus and you then take the "People Mover" from Piazzle Roma to the port. The people mover is 1 Euro per person.

If you have mobility issues... its a no brainer. Take a taxi. It will cost at least 45 Euros and get a price up front.

The only reason to book a transfer in advance is if you are a LARGE group and/or IF you like paying MORE than is necessary!! There are taxis always at the airport and at the cruiseport. As described above, the express ATVO bus is fast easy and cheap to get to Piazzale Roma near the cruiseport. Then you manage on your own to go on the people mover and walk to the ship. IF you cannot do that then taxi is really the best way.

The only reason to book a transfer in advance is if you are a LARGE group and/or IF you like paying MORE than is necessary!! There are taxis always at the airport and at the cruiseport. As described above, the express ATVO bus is fast easy and cheap to get to Piazzale Roma near the cruiseport. Then you manage on your own to go on the people mover and walk to the ship. IF you cannot do that then taxi is really the best way.

Are there? Always?

My issue is the reverse trip. I have read here on CC that at some hours, there are NO taxis available at the cruise port. We need a taxi at 6:00am when we walk off the ship. Will they be there? Not sure I want to risk it, thus the reason I will likely book the private transfer. Thankfully, at 42 - 47 Euro, they're not that much more than a taxi.

And the people mover doesn't operate before 7:00am. So if I wanted to try and get to the ATVO express airport bus leaving P. Roma at 5:50am, I'd have to walk quite aways, likely in the dark, at 5:00am.

I really wish I could be assured of a taxi available when I need it, but most threads I've read don't seem to indicate they're there that early.

I really wish I could be assured of a taxi available when I need it, but most threads I've read don't seem to indicate they're there that early.

If I remember correctly, doesn't your ship arrive the day before then you overnight in port? If so, couldn't you make taxi arrangements when you're in town the previous day? Of course if you got 47E for a quote, that's not bad.

Thank you all for the information. This is the first time we are arriving in Venice by air and it is good to know the approximate cost of a taxi. The cruiseline transfers are way out of line. Our ship stays in port for another day, so we have nothing to worry about timewise.

If I remember correctly, doesn't your ship arrive the day before then you overnight in port? If so, couldn't you make taxi arrangements when you're in town the previous day? Of course if you got 47E for a quote, that's not bad.

Yes, you're right...good memory!

I hadn't thought of arranging a cab the day before but that might be a possibility too. Like you said, though, the difference is not that much between that and the pre-arranged carhire. I'm just thankful there are options at that hour!

IF the pre arranged taxi is only 42 euro that might be OK.

I have read horror stories about people paying 100s for pre booked transfers. I would not have thought you would be leaving the ship at 6AM! Wow! Not my idea of a fun way to end a lovely cruise but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!

IF the pre arranged taxi is only 42 euro that might be OK.

I have read horror stories about people paying 100s for pre booked transfers. I would not have thought you would be leaving the ship at 6AM! Wow! Not my idea of a fun way to end a lovely cruise but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!

I agree with you, not exactly a fun way to end it. The cruise ends on a Saturday and, because I'd like to get home the same day to have one day to recuperate before returning to work Monday, we booked an early (9:40am) flight which, after connections in both Zurich and Chicago, will get us back into Charlotte at nearly 9:00pm. Then we have a 2 hour drive home. I was actually a little apprehensive to book a flight earlier than that, even though they were available!

And no, I certainly don't want to be one of those horror stories about the transfers! Hopefully whatever I arrange will work flawlessly.

I am planning to use a water taxi (motoscafi) from Marco Polo Airport direct to cruise terminal. It can transport a 10 people + bagage for around 100 €. We are group of group 9. Please comment about this option and the company to use. Thanks

Archived