Pre-booking exursions cheaper?

simmynj

Is it cheaper to book exursions before sailing with Norweigian or is the price the same if we wait to book onboard? My teens want to go to Disney Hollywood Studios even though would not have a lot of time. Does anyone know how long we will have in the park? I realize the travel time to and from the park is about an hour each way. Just wondering.

The excursions are not cheaper pre-ordered or on the ship but if you wait and it's a popular excursion it could sell out quickly on the ship. If you pre-order it you pay ahead of time on your credit card so if you were hoping to use obc instead then you have to wait until on the ship to purchase.

The excursions are not cheaper pre-ordered or on the ship but if you wait and it's a popular excursion it could sell out quickly on the ship. If you pre-order it you pay ahead of time on your credit card so if you were hoping to use obc instead then you have to wait until on the ship to purchase.

When I pre-booked our excursions in July for Jan. I did not get charged on my ship board account until the day I took the excursion. All were charged to my credit card on disembarkation day.

If you pre-book excursions they are not charged to your credit card. They are put onto your ship board account.

Check into renting a car, and buying park tickets on your own - probably much less expensive. I think the problem with DHS is that the most popular attractions have fastpasses, and I think at least a couple will be out by the time you get there. TSM will have incredible lines, and no passes left.

ETA, you are going on one of the busiest days of the year! It will be packed by the time you get there.

We've always pre-book excursions for that very reason, some do sell out if you wait. In fact, one excursion we wanted was sold out about 2 months before sailing and we couldn't get it so don't wait if there's one you really want. The cost is the same and we've never been charged in advance. Excursions we added to our shipboard account.

We've always pre-book excursions for that very reason, some do sell out if you wait. In fact, one excursion we wanted was sold out about 2 months before sailing and we couldn't get it so don't wait if there's one you really want. The cost is the same and we've never been charged in advance. Excursions we added to our shipboard account.

It is my understanding that they only allow a certain percentage of spaces to be booked online and they save some to be booked onboard, so if there is an excursion you really want that won't let you book online make sure you go to the excursion desk onboard to see if you can book it that way.

Not sure if you can still just purchase the bus ride thru NCL, but if you can you could probably find the park ticket cheaper on line and then just have to pay for the bus thru NCL. That's what we did a few years ago and it worked fine, but you have to actually show them your ticket so they know you already have it and aren't just purchasing it at the park. You could call NCL and ask them if you can still purchase the bus ride separately.

Not sure if you can still just purchase the bus ride thru NCL, but if you can you could probably find the park ticket cheaper on line and then just have to pay for the bus thru NCL. That's what we did a few years ago and it worked fine, but you have to actually show them your ticket so they know you already have it and aren't just purchasing it at the park. You could call NCL and ask them if you can still purchase the bus ride separately.

We were looking at potential excursions for a potential cruise next year and they offer transportation only to Universal, Walt Disney and Sea World. I am pretty sure it is $69 per person.

Is it cheaper to book exursions before sailing with Norweigian or is the price the same if we wait to book onboard? My teens want to go to Disney Hollywood Studios even though would not have a lot of time. Does anyone know how long we will have in the park? I realize the travel time to and from the park is about an hour each way. Just wondering.

NCL advertises that prebooking is a bit cheaper on some excursions. We usually book ahead of time, since sometimes the popular ones fill up.

Do a little investigation on these boards for where you want to go and book an excursion directly with a company on the island you'll be visiting and you'll save a TON of money. It seems like in most cases, I've noticed a 50% markup by booking with the cruise companies. :eek:

IF I remember correctly..some of the excursions were a few ($5 or so ) more if booked onboard compared to prebooking online..

You do not pay ahead..goes on your onboard account..and I believe you can cancel 48 hours ahead and not be charged..

IF I remember correctly..some of the excursions were a few ($5 or so ) more if booked onboard compared to prebooking online..

You do not pay ahead..goes on your onboard account..and I believe you can cancel 48 hours ahead and not be charged..

We were on the Nor. Jade last month and prebooked our excursions. Two of our excursions were more expensive if you waited to book them on the ship. Also, one excursion (to the Alhambra) was sold out.

NCL bills you for the excursions and you pay when you settle your bill at the end of the cruise.

Celebrity makes you pay in advance for the excursions (you can still cancel and get a refund).

We have used NCL's excursions more than done our own thing or found private tours. Sometimes you can't beat NCL's prices and the boat will not leave you if the tour is late returning. Private tours can be better, depending on what NCL offers, and you generally have a smaller group. However, I planned a private tour in Split and the tour company didn't show up at the port when we arrived. We found them and had the tour (late) and wished we had gone with the NCL.

Still, some ports are better done on your own. Athens is a good example. The Metro is convenient to the port.

Archived