Clothes ???

spongebobshayne

This is for all that have taken the Panama cruise in the past. Really sounds like a silly question being that we will be in the tropics. Is any warm clothing needed for this trip? Thinking about sea days at night and once we reach the West coast. Any comments would really be appreciated as we really don't want to bring any clothes that will not be needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally do not take anything, but my Wife will pack one light sweater just in case. You wont need it on land or during the day, but you may need it at night or if you go on deck as it can sometimes get windy and for some a slight chill, but highly unlikely down that far south.

I personally do not take anything, but my Wife will pack one light sweater just in case.

I'm thinking you're naturists.....

But if not, next time, please do take some clothes along:D.

This is for all that have taken the Panama cruise in the past. Really sounds like a silly question being that we will be in the tropics. Is any warm clothing needed for this trip? Thinking about sea days at night and once we reach the West coast. Any comments would really be appreciated as we really don't want to bring any clothes that will not be needed.

Just did b2b Ft. Lauderdale to ACA to Ft. Lauderdale in April. Hot temps in all ports.

So now I'm a little concerned. Is the inside of the ship warm? I'm worried about formal nights and whether I'll be too warm in the outfits I usually wear on those nights. For casual wear, I'm planning on taking the clothes I use when visiting my sis on Oahu. I'll be on HAL's Statendam if that's important.

• 4 weeks later...

OP, I think the starting and ending points of your cruise will drive your clothing selection, not the Canal and the surrounding areas. The Canal is always warm to very hot, and humid. We have sailed it 3 times, and the temp was almost always the same. However, our traveling clothes were more complex, due to traveling from Northern Calif. We started from FLL (twice) and Puerto Rico. We ended in Acapulco and Seattle.

We did the half transit from Ft. Lauderdale to canal and back in Oct. 2009. We were never too cool EXCEPT when we went to the diningroom and theater, we ladies took pashimas or sweaters - the guys were fine because they had sleeves. :p

Archived