Deck chairs overboard!!

Tophat4321

I made a slide show of our get together on Sailway nite and Meet and Greet. These pics are from the March 8,2011 EP cruise.

We had a medical evac and the Coast Guard Helicopter came and the rotor wash blew a bunch of deck chairs into the sea. Picture will show at about 50 seconds into slideshow.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_1tzAABE

Great photos of "Happy Cruisers" having a fun time on the Emerald Princess..one of our favorite ships. Thank you for sharing. Hope whom ever was taken via helicopter for medical reasons is OK. The chairs over the railing WOW!

Even more incredible was the staff attending your meet and greet!

I have arranged a couple of Meet and Greets and have always had senior staff show up.

The key is presentation of the invitation to senior staff.

I have a invitation card that that can be changed. I get the staff names and titles from Princess. I complete the card,print on heavy stock and then place in a 8'' by 5" manilla envelope using address labels. First stop I make after boarding is the pursers desk to drop off.

I have been on Princess many times and have witness quite a few medical evacuation and I have never seen flying chairs!...OMG!!!!....

I just read this on the web....and I guess a few chairs into the sea from a Princess ship is better than a very SICK, CONSCIOUS, woman being dropped into the very cold sea!!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3538753/Grandmother-73-sprawls-in-freezing-Arctic-Ocean-after-being-dropped-in-rescue-from-cruise-ship-after-falling-ill.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

We were sitting by a window in one of the MDRs on the starboard side during the evacuation shown in Rick's video and saw chairs flying by the window.

At first we couldn't believe it but quite a few chairs flew by.

Needless to say it made the dinner memorable!

Archived