Passport renewal how long should I wait?

crusinbanjo

I sent passports for renewal, both for Mrs Banjo and myself, last month. Mrs Banjo's passport has already been returned, but mine has not. It has been more than a week since her passport arrived and I was wondering how long should I wait before trying to find out if there is some problem or if it was lost, somehow. Both passports were sent in at the same time and in the same envelope, so it seems unusual that they would not be processed together.

any thoughts?

It's not unusual that passports sent in at the same time and place come back at different times, somehow, my husband and I both have different passport agencies on ours and they went together. However, ours did come back separately but within two or three days of each other. It would not hurt to check in about yours.

I sent passports for renewal, both for Mrs Banjo and myself, last month. Mrs Banjo's passport has already been returned, but mine has not. It has been more than a week since her passport arrived and I was wondering how long should I wait before trying to find out if there is some problem or if it was lost, somehow. Both passports were sent in at the same time and in the same envelope, so it seems unusual that they would not be processed together.

any thoughts?

Hope yours come soon. I sail in 21 days, and I'm still waiting for mine to be renewed. What is the usual turnaround time right now?:confused:

any thoughts?

You can check your status online. http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html Hope this helps.

Dave

Passport renewals can take up to one month.

While you can try to check the status many times it is not updated.

While, this will not help in your situation I just wanted to share with others what we did on our recent renewal.

We sent our passports in via express mail so that we could track them and know they were received. I highly recommend that everyone do this.

We did pay the expedite fee to have the passport renewals expedited and we also paid the extra fee so they were sent back to us in express mail. We sent them in late March on a Monday and had them both in our hands the following Monday.

Keith

• 2 months later...

I work for a member of Congress and one of my areas of responsibility in our District Office is inquiring into passport issues. Call the District Office of your Member and ask his/her constituent services person to look into it. If that does not work, write back to me.

Ah, about the one and only benefit of having a drug addicted teenage son. I went last Wednesday to renew my passport, told them about my circumstances. It was 'rushed' and I picked it up 48 hours later.

Not that I'm suggesting that any of you turn your kids onto drugs...:cool:.

(and before i get flamed for my flippant attitude...if you don't laugh, you'll cry. It's been a tough 3 years, my friends.) But, on a positive note, I've got my PP in my hot little hands now!

Anita

Ah, about the one and only benefit of having a drug addicted teenage son. I went last Wednesday to renew my passport, told them about my circumstances. It was 'rushed' and I picked it up 48 hours later.

Not that I'm suggesting that any of you turn your kids onto drugs...:cool:.

(and before i get flamed for my flippant attitude...if you don't laugh, you'll cry. It's been a tough 3 years, my friends.) But, on a positive note, I've got my PP in my hot little hands now!

Anita

Sometimes a sense of humor is the only way to get through trying times!

Archived