Whatever happened to.....

PunkinsDad

The only person mis reading is you.........he was under the serenity deck and heard lots of chair scraping........please read the whole thread.....

I did read it thank you, but I was referring to the first part where he said that he experienced no noise. So once he experienced no noise and the next one he did. Relax sunshine. People can still make the mistake and conclude that no one would have been bothered by it. Especailly if he had received no complaints prior. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Besides, reading it further being below a deck where there are hundreds of people does not mean that people below him would expereince the same thing. Especailly when he has never been made aware of any past issues. While he did not help the situation, I do not think the lambasting he has received here was warranted.

I did read it thank you, but I was referring to the first part where he said that he experienced no noise. So once he experienced no noise and the next one he did. Relax sunshine. People can still make the mistake and conclude that no one would have been bothered by it. Especailly if he had received no complaints prior. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Then you know is was aware of it.......even if you didn't hear it from above before.......you hear it when you are actually doing it on your own balcony....it is loud....

Based on what you wrote, apparently the "gentleman" was beneath you. :)

SNORT!

Actually, I've had this same problem. I calmly went to the offender's cabin to "check to see if they were ok" because it sounded like there was some sort of brawl from below.

Hint was taken...

OP your arm must get pretty sore having to reach around and pat yourself on the back so often.

The offender below made a request in a sarcastic manner which it seems you failed to catch or decided to ignore. The F - Bombs didn't fly until you apparently continued to drag your chairs around out of spite.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing anyone wouldn't know how much noise a chair makes when it is scraped over teak wood on a balcony.........even a deaf person would be able to feel the vibration:rolleyes:

Here's a clue......if you can hear it so can everyone else in the vicinity.........just like letting the doors slam.......

Exactly! How can you possibly not hear your own chairs scraping?

It would drive me crazy when my daughter went out there in the morning and dragged the chair around. Thank goodness she now picks it up then moves it.

How difficult is it really? Some people just don't have consideration for others anymore.

Toni

SNORT!

Actually, I've had this same problem. I calmly went to the offender's cabin to "check to see if they were ok" because it sounded like there was some sort of brawl from below.

Hint was taken...

a little nicer. sarcastic but not too rude! got the point across in a funny way

This is the first thing I thought of when reading the responses. If it was about smoking the OP would be in the right and the guy below would have been told to suck it up (no pun intended)

Agreed!

I see CCers are getting more and more uppity in their thinking. Everybody is better than thou!!! God forbid anybody has any issues with neighbors having bad manners or letting their children run the halls or any other kind of aggravations! I thought the whole point of this board was to be able to express your opinions?? Not to be FLAMED for everything you say! Now I understand why quite a number of people had decided to take time off from these boards......:eek:

was raised to respect others, and to have proper manners, my wife and I have done our best to raise our two children the same way, we regularly receive compliments on how polite and respectful our son and daughter are. Unfortunately, good manners and basic courtesy, particularly in verbal discourse are becoming a lost art. It’s sad really, the world would be a much more civil and kind place if everyone would show a little basic respect for others. I’m truly sorry that he was disturbed by our activity, and if he had only communicated in a civil manner, I would have gladly addressed the problem. Instead, he chose the rude and obnoxious path, and therefore, I don’t care that he was annoyed.

And you think you followed any of the highlighed suggestions??? He was sarcastic the first time he asked you to stop dragging the chairs.....but you thought it was a STRANGE request. Sorry OP, but the only thing strange about this whole situation is YOU not following the basic rules YOU were taught (highlighted in red) as a child......I'm just sayin':rolleyes:

Agreed!

I see CCers are getting more and more uppity in their thinking. Everybody is better than thou!!! God forbid anybody has any issues with neighbors having bad manners or letting their children run the halls or any other kind of aggravations! I thought the whole point of this board was to be able to express your opinions?? Not to be FLAMED for everything you say! Now I understand why quite a number of people had decided to take time off from these boards......:eek:

All though I have been around long enough to state what you say as correct (people taking time away from the board), but I agree with the rest of what you stated. Sure the OP could have done things differently, but did he really deserve the treatment, the flaming, the disrespectful behaviour from those on here? IMO he did not.

All though I have been around long enough to state what you say as correct (people taking time away from the board), but I agree with the rest of what you stated. Sure the OP could have done things differently, but did he really deserve the treatment, the flaming, the disrespectful behaviour from those on here? IMO he did not.

The OP is mainly getting flamed because he came on here applauding his own "proper manners" while slamming his neighbor for having "poor manners". Most of us saw the OP as having the "poor manners" to start with by 1) sliding his chairs across the balcony and 2) not resolving the issue by using the "good manners" he proclaimed to everyone he had.

I don't see where any of us have been disrespectful to him about it....we were just calling him out on his not using his "good manners" he was boasting to everyone about having:rolleyes:.

I am LMAO! I can't believe that a day later, this thread is still going strong!!! And now there is cruise critic in-fighting? Oh man.... But, I'll put this whole thing to bed right now.

Since, I am always perfect, always right, and an uppity CC member who likes to flame....the OP was absolutely correct in continuing to scrape the chairs back and forth because family was in the next cabin over. They had their family on board - what did you want them to do? They are excited to see one another and you expect them to be quiet? Shame on the cruiser in the cabin below for not recognizing who the outsanding citizens were above him and for being rude to them for performing the scraping of the chairs... It is all nonsense! The OP is also complimented on his children being perfect by others....and that makes everything a-ok....I wonder if the compliments are actually sarcasm...

I am LMAO! I can't believe that a day later, this thread is still going strong!!! And now there is cruise critic in-fighting? Oh man.... But, I'll put this whole thing to bed right now.

Since, I am always perfect, always right, and an uppity CC member who likes to flame....the OP was absolutely correct in continuing to scrape the chairs back and forth because family was in the next cabin over. They had their family on board - what did you want them to do? They are excited to see one another and you expect them to be quiet? Shame on the cruiser in the cabin below for not recognizing who the outsanding citizens were above him and for being rude to them for performing the scraping of the chairs... It is all nonsense! The OP is also complimented on his children being perfect by others....and that makes everything a-ok....I wonder if the compliments are actually sarcasm...

The respectful thing by lifting his chairs.....

I swear some people can't see constructive criticism if they stepped in it. :rolleyes:

Actually the only thing useful that I picked up from this thread is that the average cruise critic poster is a tad bit insane (myself included) and I think we all need a cruise right now to fix the problem :D

Having sarcasm as a 2nd language, I probably would have responded to the person's initial request by asking how much longer would he like for me to scrape my chair...5, 10 seconds maybe?

Then I would have apologized to him realizing I was at fault, and went on with my day.

I know it's a bit of a stretch but some on this forum, should pick up the book "Blaming the Victim" by William Ryan.

WOW, this thread still going...and going...and going.....kind of like the chair scraping.....

"Can you all just keep this thread going on longer..THANKS!"

(meant to be sarcastic like the poor guy on the lower deck) ;)

I have enjoyed reading the responses, although my sister, whom I just referred to this site is a tad bit scared to post anything..afraid of you CC'ers!! LOL :D

Actually the only thing useful that I picked up from this thread is that the average cruise critic poster is a tad bit insane (myself included) and I think we all need a cruise right now to fix the problem :D

Agreed...79 days and counting....and I promise my neighbors I will not be scraping my chairs on my balcony. :D

Agreed. Some of these comments are vicious. I really don't think the OP meant any malice; just a bit of complaining.

wrong #1 - sarcastic, albeit valid, request

wrong #2 - ignoring valid, yet sarcastic, request although there was a simple solution to problem

wrong #1 + wrong #2 != RIGHT

If you compare this to mathematics....a negative multiplied by a negative EQUALS a positive.....does that help?

Agreed...79 days and counting....and I promise my neighbors I will not be scraping my chairs on my balcony. :D

Man -- I have 136 to go and they are going by so slooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyy

And I am in an interior so no chair scraping to bother me in my cave :)

I don't see where any of us have been disrespectful to him about it....we were just calling him out on his not using his "good manners" he was boasting to everyone about having:rolleyes:.

Really? There were numerous posts that were very disrespectful and as the bottom quote states. Vicious.

I swear some people can't see constructive criticism if they stepped in it. :rolleyes:

There was nothing constructive about the majority of the responses. Actually many were very ironic talking about manners and within that same post showing they had none themselves. The fact you see them as being constructive is ironic in itself.:rolleyes:

Agreed. Some of these comments are vicious. I really don't think the OP meant any malice; just a bit of complaining.

Agreed.

Really? There were numerous posts that were very disrespectful and as the bottom quote states. Vicious.

Really? Please elaborate.

There was nothing constructive about the majority of the responses. Actually many were very ironic talking about manners and within that same post showing they had none themselves. The fact you see them as being constructive is ironic in itself.:rolleyes:

Thanks for making my constructive criticism point.

Agreed.

ditto

Archived