Taxi Fare for Seattle Airport to Port

Sailorboy30

Does anyone know approximately how much taxi fare is from the airport to the pier? We are cruising on Princess and according to their website a transfer through them is $24.00 p/p. Just wondering if the transfer would be the way to go rather than a taxi. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We wondered the same thing... There are 3 of us, arriving on Golden Princess and we have an 11:35 am flight home. We wondered if it would be better for us to take the Princess shuttle, or hail a cab to the airport... ?

I am going in two weeks. We are taking Shuttle Express. I know that they wait to fill up their vans, just like the Princess transfers wait to fill up their bus. A cab waits for no one but you. If time is critical I would take a cab or pre book a town car through Shuttle Express. I am sure there might be others to reply but also look in West Coast Departures/ Seattle. You may find more info..

The best, cheapest & fastest way to get to & from the airport is to take the light rail line. It's about $3 per person. You can take a 2 minute cab ride from the port to Westgate (? -- it's west something by the Nordstrom downtown) to the rail station & it's about 40 minutes to the AP. It's got big luggage racks & other than getting down to the station from ground level b/c the elevators are a bit hard to find & really small, everything is flat & easy to wheel your cruise luggage.

If memory serves a taxi is about $50 each way.

The best, cheapest & fastest way to get to & from the airport is to take the light rail line. It's about $3 per person. You can take a 2 minute cab ride from the port to Westgate (? -- it's west something by the Nordstrom downtown) to the rail station & it's about 40 minutes to the AP. It's got big luggage racks & other than getting down to the station from ground level b/c the elevators are a bit hard to find & really small, everything is flat & easy to wheel your cruise luggage.

If memory serves a taxi is about $50 each way.

The light rail may be cheap but it is not fast! There are about 15 stops between downtown and the airport- I took it a few months ago just to spend the weekend in the city and I think it took about 45 minutes! Plus I'm not sure there is anywhere to put luggage. We just had 1 small carryon and had to keep it by our feet at our seat. Maybe we just missed the big luggage racks?

It is only about 15 minutes from the port to the airport by cab. There is a flat fee, I know it used to be $35 but it may be more now.

The light rail may be cheap but it is not fast! There are about 15 stops between downtown and the airport- I took it a few months ago just to spend the weekend in the city and I think it took about 45 minutes! Plus I'm not sure there is anywhere to put luggage. We just had 1 small carryon and had to keep it by our feet at our seat. Maybe we just missed the big luggage racks?

It is only about 15 minutes from the port to the airport by cab. There is a flat fee, I know it used to be $35 but it may be more now.

There were big luggage racks at the ends of the cars not by your seats. We were also told that at peak times it can take over an hour to drive to the AP. I don't know enough about Seattle traffic to attest to the truth of that assertion.

There were big luggage racks at the ends of the cars not by your seats. We were also told that at peak times it can take over an hour to drive to the AP. I don't know enough about Seattle traffic to attest to the truth of that assertion.

It's true. The drive between downtown and SEA can take anywhere from 20 minutes to more than an hour depending on time of day and day of the week. We've driven at both extremes and in-between. It's always best to plan for some traffic, just in case.

beachchick

We always have a lot of luggage. In Seattle we use alreadytheretowncar -- fare is about $50 for 2 people -- we prebook them.

Taxi fare could cost anywhere from $45 and up -- a;; depends on traffic.

HAL charges $28 per person for their shuttle to go from SeaTac to Pier 91.

Some people have been using Stilla Town Cars -- which has a flat rate of $50 to go from SeaTac to Pier 91. You go to their 3rd level of the parking garage to get this service -- do not need to prebook.

We always have a lot of luggage. In Seattle we use alreadytheretowncar -- fare is about $50 for 2 people -- we prebook them.

Some people have been using Stilla Town Cars -- which has a flat rate of $50 to go from SeaTac to Pier 91. You go to their 3rd level of the parking garage to get this service -- do not need to prebook.

Thank you for answering their question instead of providing links:mad: and for giving them a dollar amount. Surely a shuttle sevice....... not the cruiselines, but a private shuttle is less expensive. We took a private shuttle to downtown Seattle but I honestly don't remember what it cost. I'll see if I can find it in my records and post back the cost if I find it.

Thank you for answering their question instead of providing links:mad: and for giving them a dollar amount. Surely a shuttle sevice....... not the cruiselines, but a private shuttle is less expensive. We took a private shuttle to downtown Seattle but I honestly don't remember what it cost. I'll see if I can find it in my records and post back the cost if I find it.

Just wondering why you're so angry about people providing useful links to help answer the questions and give additional information? Sailorboy30 hasn't come back and "yelled" at those who haven't given specific answers. Perhaps he finds links useful, especially considering that it might save him the time of searching on his own.

beachchick

p.s., I'll be sure to never, ever provide a link to you. I wouldn't want you to get upset that I didn't type out detailed information and answers.

We got off the Infinity about 3 weeks ago at 8:30 on a Tuesday morning. Got a cab immediately upon leaving the terminal. It took us 20 minutes to get to the airport and cost us $37 plus tip.

Also used the luggage valet for the first time and loved it - makes disembarkation a lot easier. After we put our luggage outside of our cabin on the last night never saw it again until we picked it up at JFK.

• 1 month later...

I just booked with already there town car for August. $60 from seatac to pier 91 each way for 3 people. Cheaper if you go to the other pier that cruise ships use because it's closer to sea-tac. Tip is not included in the $60. Tip can be added to credit card.

Friendly folks. Here's how it works. They will call me 30 minutes prior to scheduled pick up time at sea tac hotel. When disembarking, I am to call them prior to 7am and then again when we are clear customs and have baggage. Town car will be there within 10-15 minutes for trip to the airport.

For more info, see the Seattle boards. Lots of great info there.

John

Just checked the taxi flat rate from airport to downtown as we went to a play downtown Seattle but had to stay in an airport hotel. It is currently $44 for up to 4 people and takes 15-45 minutes depending on traffic. Of course traffic is worse heading into the city in the morning and then heading back to the airport between 3-6 during rush hour.

We ended up taking the light rail again for $11 round trip but this takes you about 2 miles from the cruise terminal so you would still have to grab a taxi. With luggage and going on a cruise, I would just grab a cab.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Does anyone know approximately how much taxi fare is from the airport to the pier? We are cruising on Princess and according to their website a transfer through them is $24.00 p/p. Just wondering if the transfer would be the way to go rather than a taxi. Thanks!

try a taxi for $11.00 p/p/ one way:p

Archived