First cabin after the hump

Bay State

Anyone, on any balcony standing at the rail will have a view into the adjoining balcony....none are completely private. So, no...the "hump" occupant will have to turn and look directly into your balcony...awkward. No different than any other 'straight' balcony.

Because of the angle of the balcony on the first hump cabin, it appears that the occupant of that balcony could have line of sight into the balcony just before the hump. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yup. We were in 1604 on an S class ship, first one on the hump, and all I can do is beg you all to please wear a robe when you go out to your 1602 balcony.

LOL!! :D

I don't know why I'm laughing, seeing as I am in that first cabin after the hump next week :eek:

Hahaha! I've got one of those first cabins after the hump too! Was thinking about this the other day - those peeps are going to be looking right in our cabin!!

....I'm more amused than alarmed. ;)

Hahaha! I've got one of those first cabins after the hump too! Was thinking about this the other day - those peeps are going to be looking right in our cabin!!

....I'm more amused than alarmed. ;)

Well if they can see us, we can see them! Can't we :confused:

Looking at close ups of the balconies, you would have to be stood at the rail to see in. I hope so anyway :eek:

Is this a daft question......... why design the ships with a hump?

Well if they can see us, we can see them! Can't we :confused:

Looking at close ups of the balconies, you would have to be stood at the rail to see in. I hope so anyway :eek:

Is this a daft question......... why design the ships with a hump?

Not really. It's late in the afternoon and we are standing at our railing looking forward (to the left) for the sunset. Our unsuspecting neighbors come out onto their balcony in their underwear. I really need a drink now.

Not really. It's late in the afternoon and we are standing at our railing looking forward (to the left) for the sunset. Our unsuspecting neighbors come out onto their balcony in their underwear. I really need a drink now.

BWHAHAHAHA!! Well I promise to wear my robe!! Hubby likes prancing around in his boxers though, I'll have to throw a sheet over him! :rolleyes:

Good question! When I first heard about "hump cabins" I was totally confused. Actually it is very simple... If you look down ths side of several of cruise ships, Brilliance, Voyager, Freedom class etc etc you will see a "hump" or bulge about halfway or 3/4 back from the bow. The cabins in this area are called hump cabins. The cabins are the same size of the others in the general area but the balconies are large by the size of the hump.

O.K., Newbie here, so excuse my lack of knowledge,-- but what the heck is the "hump" on a ship. We've booked a balcony and now wondering what that's all about.:confused:

Good question! When I first heard about "hump cabins" I was totally confused. Actually it is very simple... If you look down ths side of several of cruise ships, Brilliance, Voyager, Freedom class etc etc you will see a "hump" or bulge about halfway or 3/4 back from the bow. The cabins in this area are called hump cabins. The cabins are the same size of the others in the general area but the balconies are large by the size of the hump.

Actually the balconies on the hump are the same size as the other balconies. It's the balconies on the angle on either side of the hump that are the largest. Here's a thumbnail that shows the difference in sizes. Note the angle: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Well, I get what they are and that they are premium cabins because of the better view (;)) aft and fore and larger balconies on the angled cabins, but isn't it at the expense of all the other balcony cabins' views?

Why they are designed that way is what I don't get :confused:.

Well, I get what they are and that they are premium cabins because of the better view (;)) aft and fore and larger balconies on the angled cabins, but isn't it at the expense of all the other balcony cabins' views?

Why they are designed that way is what I don't get :confused:.

The bump out was designed to accommodate the bank of 8 elevators in that area, amongst other things on the ship.

We will be in the last cabin just before the hump begins. Are there any disadvantages to this position?

Wouldn't the last cabin just before the hump begins and the first cabin after the hump(the subject of this thread) be the exact same cabin depending on whether your are looking forward or aft?

Actually the balconies on the hump are the same size as the other balconies. It's the balconies on the angle on either side of the hump that are the largest. Here's a thumbnail that shows the difference in sizes. Note the angle: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

That is an incredibility helpful chart to a new Celebrity Cruiser. I am generally not a fanatic about my cabin, but if I can get a better cabin or balcony for the same price – what a great find.

THANKS

Marci

I have booked #1251 on Reflection. If anyone in the hump cabins wants to spend their time watching my large body white get redder and redder, more power to them!

Thanks for your inputs. I once had an uncovered balcony on Emerald Princess and it was little disconcerting to know that everyone could see you.

Wouldn't the last cabin just before the hump begins and the first cabin after the hump(the subject of this thread) be the exact same cabin depending on whether your are looking forward or aft?

Haha! :D

My cabin is the first on the indent after the forward jutty out bit. I hope our hump neighbours don't put me off my breakfast by parading around nekkid ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Checking back in after our cruise on Equinox in cabin 7163: first cabin after the forward hump. Great cabin in a very convenient position.

I needn't have worried about the next slant cabin being able to see into our balcony. Their patio doors are straight, just the same as all the other cabins. It is just the rail that slants, therefore the occupiers would need to be stood at the rail to see us, just like any other cabin. We only saw our neighbour once, pulling into port one day, in fact we hardly saw anyone at all on the balconies :confused:

The only downside was that we couldn't see aft or forward of the ship in the indent bit.

012.jpg.cf0fb7ea0b78b863967b356c776d8e0b.jpg

013.jpg.46b8c31043a774e2d73ce70f1b1beb96.jpg

Archived