Roll Call-Silver Spirit-Voyage 5137, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, December 11, 2011

ScottToronto

So glad to hear that there will be more cruisecritic.com people on board. So far, there will be Nevadashaun, Scott Toronto, Cuddles 115, Herman the Cat, hmh1212,, fitty, emtbsam and lurkers (H & S) whom we know. It sounds like it will be a good group on this cruise. When we get closer to departure, we can decide if we want to have a get together on board either when we sail or the next morning for a breakfast.

Excellent! I must say we are partial to sail-away cocktails! :)

• 2 weeks later...

:) Happy to see so many CC members joining us on this voyage! We must arrange a get-together or cocktail. What are your thoughts?

I know the ships sails out of Barbados at 11 pm, so it will be difficult to arrange something at sailaway.

We are down to 126 days.

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage 5137, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, December 11-20&ship=Silver Spirit

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening,

Received this information today. Thought some of you would be interested. I've never met Susan Wood. Can anyone tell me about her? I love Sandra (cruise consultant).

See attached email from Silversea.

Regards,

ScottToronto.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage 5137, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, December 11-20&ship=Silver Spirit

Thank you for your email inquiry and your loyal patronage.

Please note crew members below currently scheduled for Silver Spirit in December:

Cruise Director, Susan Wood

Maitre D, Antonio Mendes

Cruise Consultant, Sandra Salazar

Hotel Director, Paolo Percivale

As always, our schedule is subject to change.

We look forward to welcoming you on board the Silver Spirit and wish you an enjoyable cruise!

Good evening,

Received this information today. Thought some of you would be interested. I've never met Susan Wood. Can anyone tell me about her? I love Sandra (cruise consultant).

Regards,

ScottToronto.

We had Susan Wood on the Silver Whisper Ny to Bermuda/Bardados. She is very good, on time and a good dancer and mixes well.

Good evening,

Regards,

ScottToronto.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit

Thank you for your email inquiry and your loyal patronage.

Please note crew members below currently scheduled for Silver Spirit in December:

Cruise Director, Susan Wood

Maitre D, Antonio Mendes

Cruise Consultant, Sandra Salazar

Hotel Director, Paolo Percivale

As always, our schedule is subject to change.

We look forward to welcoming you on board the Silver Spirit and wish you an enjoyable cruise!

Scott I sailed first time with Susan this past May in Caribbean. She is gorgeous -- smart -- personable -- approachable -- first class lady. You'll like her. And Sandra is another of my favorites. Tell her hello from me (and Steve)....she'll know who you mean.

• 2 weeks later...
:) Happy to see so many CC members joining us on this voyage! We must arrange a get-together or cocktail. What are your thoughts?

I know the ships sails out of Barbados at 11 pm, so it will be difficult to arrange something at sailaway.

Good point--didn't think of that! Plus we will have to do muster. Perhaps cocktails before dinner?

Herman: Where in RI are you from. My wife (aka Gaga 5 on this site) is from Providence. She is always looking to meet fellow Rhodys. Howard

We live in Cranston (western Cranston). My husband is a native Rhody and I am originally from Long Island. It is always fun to fellow Rhodys on cruises...and somehow we manage to always find them! Lisa & David.

Excellent! We should have a cocktail party. How about outdoor at the Panorama Lounge (weather permitting) before dinner on the 1st night?

What time works for everyone? We'll be on an excursion around the island that day and probably won't be back on board until around 6 pm.

We live in Cranston (western Cranston). My husband is a native Rhody and I am originally from Long Island. It is always fun to fellow Rhodys on cruises...and somehow we manage to always find them! Lisa & David.

Rita is from Providence and I'm from LI (Roslyn). We both went to URI. Small world and look forward to seeing you on the ship.

Lisa; This is Rita (aka Gaga 5). What High School did David go to? I am heading to Providence for one of those big high school reunions (Hope High.) Also, read some of your previous posts. We have not been on SS in about 4 years and never on Spirit. We prefer not going to formal nights (one of the reasons we have not been on their ships for a while). What options are there on Spirit where you can be informal? Thanks and look forward to meeting you.

Hey, Scott, we may actually make this segment if I can get new passports and visas for the winter when we get home next week. Our TA will be the Virtuoso host and I have some other friends on this particular segment. Ronnie sends his best.

Hi Duct Tape - Hope you can make it so we don't have to wait until the Amazon cruise next year to meet (again?).

Hey, Scott, we may actually make this segment if I can get new passports and visas for the winter when we get home next week. Our TA will be the Virtuoso host and I have some other friends on this particular segment. Ronnie sends his best.

Hi Duct tape, WOW! That would be fantastic to finally meet you in person. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope we'll be able to dine together during the voyage.

Thanks for the best wishes from Ronnie. He's amazing!

Warm wishes,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit

Lisa; This is Rita (aka Gaga 5). What High School did David go to? I am heading to Providence for one of those big high school reunions (Hope High.) Also, read some of your previous posts. We have not been on SS in about 4 years and never on Spirit. We prefer not going to formal nights (one of the reasons we have not been on their ships for a while). What options are there on Spirit where you can be informal? Thanks and look forward to meeting you.

Hi Rita, David went to Cranston West! Then Brown University and Harvard. Is it the Hope High School on Hope Road that you went to?

In the past, we have cruised with friends and they insisted we bring formal attire, and we did. This August on the Spirit, we decided not to bring all the gear. We didn't feel uncomfortable at all and made our reservations for the formal evening in either Hot Rocks or La Terrazza (can't remember which) so we could dine in informal attire. We were told those restaurants are not formal. It was lovely to dine outside at those two restaurants. I'm sure there will be a bunch of us who don't care to "do formal" in the Caribbean.

Have a great trip to RI and look forward to meeting you in December!

What time works for everyone? We'll be on an excursion around the island that day and probably won't be back on board until around 6 pm.

How about 6:30? If it's not too much work for you to make the arrangements with the crew since you'll be on the previous sail, I'm sure some of us can show up promptly at 6:30 to make sure everything is organized and you can come when you are ready (7-ish?).

What excursion are you taking?

Archived