Roll Call-Silver Spirit-Voyage 5137, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, December 11, 2011

ScottToronto

How about 6:30? If it's not too much work for you to make the arrangements with the crew since you'll be on the previous sail, I'm sure some of us can show up promptly at 6:30 to make sure everything is organized and you can come when you are ready (7-ish?).

What excursion are you taking?

We are hoping to do a private tour of the island.

If people could e-mail their names and cabin numbers to emtbsam@yahoo.com, I can work with the HD to make this happen.

We ended up booking the Hilton as well. We've stayed there 3 times and it seemed the easiest option for one night and probably an 18 hour visit. I think our flight arrives at 3pm, so we hope to be at the hotel by 5pm.

We are also staying at the Hilton for one night pre-cruise.

Perhaps we'll meet up for a cocktail at the Hilton.

Bon Voyage,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit September 13th, 2011 09:37 AM

We are also staying at the Hilton for one night pre-cruise.

Perhaps we'll meet up for a cocktail at the Hilton.

Bon Voyage,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit September 13th, 2011 09:37 AM

We have a great group--assuming everyone arrives somewhat on schedule, we should try to do pre-cruise cocktails at the Hilton!

:D

Good morning,

We are scheduled to arrive Air Canada at approx. 3pm. Not sure how long it will take to get through customs, get to the hotel and check in.

The last time we were at the Hilton, they offered a "2 for 1" Happy Hour Special at the beach/pool bar. I beleive this ran from 5-7.

I'll try and find out more.

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit

Good morning,

We are scheduled to arrive Air Canada at approx. 3pm. Not sure how long it will take to get through customs, get to the hotel and check in.

The last time we were at the Hilton, they offered a "2 for 1" Happy Hour Special at the beach/pool bar. I beleive this ran from 5-7.

I'll try and find out more.

ScottToronto

Barbados is one of those Caribbean islands where the bulk of flights arrive and depart at the same time. Our flight gets in around 3pm also, and I remember several other flights deplane-ing at the same time. I would probably figure 30 minutes inline for immigration, then another 20 minutes or so for the luggage (it's the islands). Then it's probably a 25 minute ride to the hotel. Let us know what you find out about Happy Hour.

I can't believe I just got off the Spirit on Sept. 3 and already can't wait for Dec. 11!

Barbados is one of those Caribbean islands where the bulk of flights arrive and depart at the same time. Our flight gets in around 3pm also, and I remember several other flights deplane-ing at the same time. I would probably figure 30 minutes inline for immigration, then another 20 minutes or so for the luggage (it's the islands). Then it's probably a 25 minute ride to the hotel. Let us know what you find out about Happy Hour.

I can't believe I just got off the Spirit on Sept. 3 and already can't wait for Dec. 11!

And Silversea management thanks you! !.......;)

Please see attached email I received today from the Hilton Barbados.

Looks like Happy Hour is still happening. Who wants to meet up?

See attached.

Greetings from Hilton Barbados and thank you for your email,

We are pleased to advise that happy hour is offered everyday from 5pm until 6pm and selected drinks from the drink menu are ½ price during this period.

We look forward to welcoming once more and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other queries.

See you soon,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=12-11-2011&text=Voyage%205137,%20Barbados%20to%20Fort%20Lauderdale,%20December%2011-20&ship=Silver%20Spirit

Thanks to Canadian Kate who posted the following:

I just got a message with a link that took me here:

http://www.silversea.com/specialoffe...ialoffer=11469

What caught my eye was this:

Venetian Society Members earn Double Cruise Days

Guests who have previously sailed with Silversea will also earn double Cruise Days when they book any of these featured voyages.

---

I called SS this morning, and the lower fares only will apply to new reservations, but you should have your TA put in a request for the discount. It only applies to Vista, Veranda and MS Veranda suites.

Right now, there are 90 unsold MS Veranda suites and 6 Silver suites.

The TA said that you could probably get the double days if your TA requests it.

Please see attached email I received today from the Hilton Barbados.

Looks like Happy Hour is still happening. Who wants to meet up?

See attached.

Greetings from Hilton Barbados and thank you for your email,

We are pleased to advise that happy hour is offered everyday from 5pm until 6pm and selected drinks from the drink menu are ½ price during this period.

We look forward to welcoming once more and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other queries.

See you soon,

ScottToronto

Thanks for checking and organizing! We are looking forward to it--should be fun and can't wait!

Yes, it is Hope High on Hope St. in Prov. Not what it used to be 45 years ago. But nothing is! Hopefully a bunch of us can meet up at the hotel the night before we embark.

How true...things like the towns we grew up in and the schools we went to feel, and are, so different now.

We should be there at the hotel for Happy Hour, assuming the flight gets arrives relatively on time. Am I imagining things, or do I recall you saying you were connecting in Charlotte?

Thanks to Canadian Kate who posted the following:

I just got a message with a link that took me here:

http://www.silversea.com/specialoffe...ialoffer=11469

What caught my eye was this:

Venetian Society Members earn Double Cruise Days

Guests who have previously sailed with Silversea will also earn double Cruise Days when they book any of these featured voyages.

---

I called SS this morning, and the lower fares only will apply to new reservations, but you should have your TA put in a request for the discount. It only applies to Vista, Veranda and MS Veranda suites.

Right now, there are 90 unsold MS Veranda suites and 6 Silver suites.

The TA said that you could probably get the double days if your TA requests it.

Thanks for posting. I've contacted my TA. Not optimistic, but we'll see what happens!

90 unsold Veranda seems like a lot. But then again, these cruises in early December are rarely fully booked. Nice for the passengers, unfortunate for Silversea.

How true...things like the towns we grew up in and the schools we went to feel, and are, so different now.

We should be there at the hotel for Happy Hour, assuming the flight gets arrives relatively on time. Am I imagining things, or do I recall you saying you were connecting in Charlotte?

Unfortunately not--Thru Miami which generally is much more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone looked at the excursions and seen anything interesting on this cruise?

Not terrible, but will likely will take a few of the shorter, orientation tours on islands we have not previously visited. Might be interested in renting a car/sharing a cab on St. Martin and Turks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of news regarding staffing for your cruise. We're aboard now and until FLL. Captain Sangiacomo will leave 15 Dec after a few days of indoctrination for Captain Pontillo, the new captain coming from Cloud, I believe. Ricardo Dotti, the chef, will leave the ship 23 Nov and will be on vacation until 27 Jan, when he will return to this ship. Sanja, the bar manager, and her husband, Kire, the sommalier, will leave for vacation in Dec as well. They will go to Whisper for the WC in early Jan.

Good morning Doug,

Thanks for the information regarding the staffing on the Spirit in December.

I'm disappointed that we'll miss Ricardo, I've heard such positive feedback regarding his culinary talents. Do you know when in December Sanja and her husband are leaving the ship for vacation? I sailed with her before on another ship. Great lady!

Those of us staying at the Hilton, are we still meeting for "Happy Hour" at the beach bar. 2 for 1, at 5:00 pm on Saturday December 10th?

Victoria, I'll email you.

Regards to all,

ScottToronto

Archived