Roll Call-Silver Spirit-Voyage 5137, Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, December 11, 2011

ScottToronto

Found out yesterday from David Bilsland(visiting executive chef) that Ricardo's replacement will be Muro, who has been on the Cloud and Shadow. Will ask Sanja when in Dec she and Kire will be leaving.

Does anyone know anything about Chef Muro?

Just found outthat Sanja and her husband Kire will start vacation when we reach Barbados. They will return to Whisper in early Jan for the WC. Your Bar Manager in Dec will be Justin. He will come aboard in Barbados on the 5th. Don't know which ship he's been on.

Good afternoon Doug,

Thanks for sharing the information regarding the staffing on the Spirit. It's too bad that we'll Sanya this voyage. Will be nice to sail with Justin (D'Sousa) again. I sailed with him on the Cloud in January. Great guy!

Have you heard who will be the Cruise Director on December 10th? I heard that Fernando will be on vacation and then heading to the Whisper for the WC.

Appreciate your updates.

With sincere thanks,

ScottToronto

Just a bit of news regarding staffing for your cruise. We're aboard now and until FLL. Captain Sangiacomo will leave 15 Dec after a few days of indoctrination for Captain Pontillo, the new captain coming from Cloud, I believe. Ricardo Dotti, the chef, will leave the ship 23 Nov and will be on vacation until 27 Jan, when he will return to this ship. Sanja, the bar manager, and her husband, Kire, the sommalier, will leave for vacation in Dec as well. They will go to Whisper for the WC in early Jan.

Hi Doug,

Delighted to hear you are having such a wonderful time--your posts are terrific and we wish we were there to share in the fun!

Thanks for all the updates on staffing. Seems like it's the time of year when they are busy rearranging the deck chairs. I will miss Sanja but I am sure her replacement will take good care of everyone. Interesting that Captain Sangiacomo is departing Dec. 15--that is when we overnight in St. Bart's. I suspect he can catch an int'l flight easily from there. Hopefully it will be a seamless transition!

:D

Best to you and Lynn.

Lisa & David

• 2 weeks later...

:) Good afternoon friends,

4 weeks today we board the Silver Spirit on Voyage 5137. I heard there are still over 40 suites available. No complaints from me. I like it when the ships are not full.

Received a call from my TA "Your documents have arrived". I guess we'll have them by Tuesday.

Those of you staying at the Hilton in BGI, we'll see you at Happy Hour around 5pm on Saturday December 10th. Our flight arrives just before 3pm. Hope we'll make it by 5pm.

Look forward to meeting some of the CC members on board.

Bon Voyage!!!!

ScottToronto

:)

Those of you staying at the Hilton in BGI, we'll see you at Happy Hour around 5pm on Saturday December 10th. Our flight arrives just before 3pm. Hope we'll make it by 5pm.

Look forward to meeting some of the CC members on board.

Bon Voyage!!!!

ScottToronto

Thanks for checking in. Our flight arrives at 3:03pm from Charlotte. We hope to be to the Hilton by 5pm as well, but it might be a little tight (i.e., immigration, baggage, taxi, hotel check in can be slow at the Hilton, go to room for a quick change, etc.). Most of the flights arrive at that time and hence most of the hotel guests arrive at that time too! Hopefully the group will be there for more than an hour....

Any restaurant suggestions/ideas for Barbados, i.e., near the Hilton?

We arrive at 2:20 out of Miami. Is there only one bar? Where is the meet and greet taking place. Look forward to seeing you all.

My understanding is the meet and greet is at the pool bar. I believe there's only one..it should be pretty easy to find. It's between the pool and the beach--i.e., centrally located! It's very casual.

Good afternoon,

Herman the Cat is absolutely correct. We are hoping to meet up at the Beach/Pool bar at 5pm. The offer a "Happy Hour" from 5-6 pm.....2 for 1. Nice way to start off our vacation.

See you all soon, I have attached a photo of my family and me.

Only 25 days to go.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

1180950296_LittlePalmIslandOct.2011(48).jpg.36e5ec35bcec84e0fb8544a83d9286cf.jpg

Hi Scott, my partner and two other couples will be embarking in Barbados. We look forward to meeting you. (And yes, we are flying in the day before. We have been on too many delayed or cancelled flights to consider flying in on the same day as sailing.)

We'll (Peg and Barry) be coming in on the 10th, staying at the Hilton. See you at the pool bar. Anything finalized for the onboard get together?

Hi Peg and Barry,

Yes, we've finalized the get together/meet and greet the first night. (Emtbsm and I have been emailing to coordinate details, etc.)

We're planning on meeting for pre-dinner cocktails at 7pm outside the Panorama Lounge the first night in Barbados (the night we sail).

I'll post a reminder the day before we leave. Emtbsm has a list of those who said they'd like to meet the first night--I think there are about 16 of us.

Sounds like a great group and it should be fun. :)

We hope to make it to the Hilton pool bar as well for the pre-cruise meet and greet.

Regards,

Lisa

Good evening from Toronto,

There should be 5 of us joining you at the cocktail meet 'n greet on December 11th.

See you at the Panorama Lounge at 7pm.

Helen

Robert

Susan

Jay

Scott

PS. All of you staying at the Hilton, see you at the pool/beach bar at 5pm for Happy Hour.

Only 15 days to go.

Bon Voyage!!!!

ScottToronto

If any of you travelling on this voyage are planning to be online and posting on CC during the cruise, if possible could you find out who will be staying on after you leave the ship ie CD, restaurant manager,chef, and entertainment in Stars? We're on the sailing immediately after you guys. I believe that our captain will be Capt Pontillo.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little reminder that we will be having a CC Meet and Greet Cocktail Party on the Silver Spirit the evening we sail from Barbados--Sunday, Dec. 11, at 7pm outside the Panorama Lounge.

A number of you have already rsvp'd to Emtbsam that you'll be there--but please feel free to come by even if you haven't rsvp'd. All are welcome! :)

Dear Fellow Cruisers; Gaga 5 and I wish you bon voyage. Due to my fighting a losing battle with a kidney stone, my doctor informed me today I should not be on board. Needless to say, we are hugely disappointed as we not only were looking forward to our first vogage on Spirit, but it was to be a birthday celebration as well. We would have enjoyed meeting you all and hope the cruise is wonderful and the seas are calm. Maybe there will be another opportunity in the future as we are now exploring a Med cruise this summer.

Just a little reminder that we will be having a CC Meet and Greet Cocktail Party on the Silver Spirit the evening we sail from Barbados--Sunday, Dec. 11, at 7pm outside the Panorama Lounge.

A number of you have already rsvp'd to Emtbsam that you'll be there--but please feel free to come by even if you haven't rsvp'd. All are welcome! :)

Do you mean "Outside" on the patio, or "Outside" the front entrance?

ScottToronto

Archived