Aft pool on the Coral

Cher7

I am wondering if the aft pool on the Coral is available to all adults or only to those in the Sanctuary. If it is available to all, are there loungers really close by for use? We are trying to decide if the Sanctuary is worth the money and also would like some opinions as to whether a lounger in the sun would be just too hot for the Panama cruise in October.

I appreciate any info. Thank you! :)

Holy cow! We got off a the Coral on April 14th. I didn't even know there was an aft pool. Since we didn't use the Sanctuary, I guess it didn't matter. Several ports were hot & humid. At sea on the ship the breezes made things very comfortable. The cruise was great overall.

I've been on the Island and Coral before, but on my February Panama cruise, I found the pool situation to be really poor. One pool is inside, one dedicated to the sanctuary and the other has MUTS. The movies were on during the day and were VERY noisy. There was no where to go. I don't go to the sanctuary, so I sat on my balcony to read in peace. I was happy to have a balcony. It was crazy on the sea day. Do you want inside, noise or to pay? After many comments, they started the movies later in the day. Merci

I appreciated the inside pool on the Island. It was for adults only.

The aft pool on the Island was supposed to be for adults only, but when DH and I sailed 1/29-2/8, there were frequently children in the pool. While we appreciate that the main pool may be too deep or crowded for some youngsters, there weren't other options available to adults who didn't book the Sanctuary.

This didn't ruin our cruise, by any means, but it would have been nice to take a dip a few times on a 10-night voyage.

Chris

I am wondering if the aft pool on the Coral is available to all adults or only to those in the Sanctuary. If it is available to all, are there loungers really close by for use? We are trying to decide if the Sanctuary is worth the money and also would like some opinions as to whether a lounger in the sun would be just too hot for the Panama cruise in October.

I appreciate any info. Thank you! :)

I was on the Coral two weeks ago for the Panama cruise and found the aft pool very busy during the hours (I think) 12pm until 3pm because it was open for families. But there was plenty of loungers available at all times it seemed. The aft pool area was cooler then the open pool area and a bit quieter. The only time we actually lounged in the sun was the first sea day after leaving Ft. Lauderdale after that it got too hot for us. But a lot of other people seemed to like the sultry sun by the pool.

We were on the Coral last October for a R/T Panama Canal cruise. The aft pool was Sanctuary only and the attendents kept it that way. There is no space right around the pool for loungers, so the Sanctuary loungers (one short flight of stairs up) are the only ones near by. I could not stay in the sun very long and opted for a shaded lounger because the sun is too strong on this cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed the serenity and wake-view in the Sanctuary and plan on using it again on our next cruise.

It evidently is only available for Sanctuary patrons now.:mad: The temperature on a Panama cruise is hot and I doubt that anyone can spend a full day in the sun on a lounger.

Can and did. It's not that bad -- no worse than where I live. Plus there are sea breezes and you can jump in the pool to cool off as often as you wish.

Agree about the annoyance of MUTS at the one real outdoor pool but at least they didn't begin things until 3pm -- and my favourite days were the couple days they had silent movies! Definitely a trend I'd like to see more of out there for daytime showings!

If you want peace, try the splash pool on deck 16, really great.

Yes, that aft pool is for the sanctuary, too bad. We never used the sanctuary and feel that if we're paying for the ship and pools, no need to pay extra for another pool. During the day the MUTS was not on all the time and we had live music from different bands.

I've been on the Island and Coral before, but on my February Panama cruise, I found the pool situation to be really poor. One pool is inside, one dedicated to the sanctuary and the other has MUTS. The movies were on during the day and were VERY noisy. There was no where to go. I don't go to the sanctuary, so I sat on my balcony to read in peace. I was happy to have a balcony. It was crazy on the sea day. Do you want inside, noise or to pay? After many comments, they started the movies later in the day. Merci

If you want peace, try the splash pool on deck 16, really great.

Yes, that aft pool is for the sanctuary, too bad. We never used the sanctuary and feel that if we're paying for the ship and pools, no need to pay extra for another pool. During the day the MUTS was not on all the time and we had live music from different bands.

The pool zhav1 is referring to is forward on the ship and no one seems to know it is there! :D it's a nice quiet place to sit and there's a breeze when the ship is moving.

I appreciated the inside pool on the Island. It was for adults only.

what exactly do you mean by inside? Is it the one covered? How deep is the shallow end? I'm 5'2'' (barely) and would love to "cool off a bit" when its hot.

Any information is appreciated and many thanks.

safe sails always!

I was on the Coral two weeks ago for the Panama cruise and found the aft pool very busy during the hours (I think) 12pm until 3pm because it was open for families. But there was plenty of loungers available at all times it seemed. The aft pool area was cooler then the open pool area and a bit quieter. The only time we actually lounged in the sun was the first sea day after leaving Ft. Lauderdale after that it got too hot for us. But a lot of other people seemed to like the sultry sun by the pool.
I think there is possibly some confusion - the aft pool is located specifically in the sanctuary and it was fully booked on our 4/14 full transit sailing; no children or families (or anyone else was not signed up with the sanctuary) were allowed in the pool at any time. I think you are referring to the Lotus covered pool by the spa. The sanctuary pool is located far aft (basically outside the doors of the gym, and down a deck). We had seats 3 & 4 (full sun seats) reserved for the entire cruise and although it got extremely warm on several days, the close proximity of the pool & the ever-changing position of the ship allowed us some refreshing cool down & shade opportunities. Whether you're a sun worshiper or a shade person, if you can afford the $15/day charge, the quietness, solitude, and oh-so-comfy reserved just-for-you chaise lounge chair makes it worth the while, in my opinion.

PLHag,

Hi there, getting ready for your next cruise?

You are right about the aft pool, I was confused. I stand corrected! Thank you. Hope you two have fun in a few weeks, lucky you!

Sandy

Archived