Cagney's Lunch Menu

fabby50

Hey! Asked this on another thread, but it got buried.

I understand Cagney's now has a set lunch menu instead of rotating them. Does anyone have it?

Last time we sailed NCL, they rotated. I am vegetarian and not all of them had an option for me. I am mostly wondering if there are any vegetarian choices on the set menu.

We love the Cagney's perk - it's probably silly, but it's one of the factors that has us booking suites now.

Lovin' the suite life -

Hey! Asked this on another thread, but it got buried.

I understand Cagney's now has a set lunch menu instead of rotating them. Does anyone have it?

Last time we sailed NCL, they rotated. I am vegetarian and not all of them had an option for me. I am mostly wondering if there are any vegetarian choices on the set menu.

We love the Cagney's perk - it's probably silly, but it's one of the factors that has us booking suites now.

Lovin' the suite life -

Because it's a set menu, I bet we can do this from memory.

Some of the items are:

Jumbo shrimp

Sliders

French dip

Asparagus with some 'stuff' on it (anyone remember?)

Really nice salad (don't remember what's on it to make it special -- but it is)

Anyone else?

Some of the items are:

Jumbo shrimp

Sliders

French dip

Anyone else?

Grilled Asparagus over Arugula, Parmesan, and Sauteed Mushrooms on Prosciutto

Crab cakes

Turkey Burger

Ahi Tuna Burger

Bruschetta

PE

The cheese polenta is amazing! It's a side dish, but I'm certain you could order that with a salad. Yum...

I'm sure you could ask for the aparagus appetizer w/o the proscuitto. It's wonderful (my favorite item on the menu!).

Thanks for the responses so far! I have always found NCL to be accomodating on leaving things out of menu items to help me. What about veggie burgers? Can you order those instead of turkey?

Also - WHAT'S FOR DESSERT???? Yum - yum!

Thanks for the responses so far! I have always found NCL to be accomodating on leaving things out of menu items to help me. What about veggie burgers? Can you order those instead of turkey?

Also - WHAT'S FOR DESSERT???? Yum - yum!

I know they carry veggie burgers, so I don't see why not. I don't tend to eat dessert (especially at lunch) but I seem to recall carrot cake, ice cream, a fudge brownie sundae, lovely looking fruit served in a martini glass...

Thank you so much! Looks like I can make my vegetarian self and fish/meat eating husband very happy for a week long cruise eating lunch there! I am drooling and dieting in anticipation :)

I loved the Fatoush Salad with grilled chicken. Yum.

I didn't like the sliders the 3 times I ordered them, but replaced it with something else.

Cagney's for lunch is a great Suite perk.

The menu posted is no longer current. Many items are still there like the jumbo shrimp, asparagus w/portabello mushrms & prosciutto, seared ahi tuna, grouper and others. However, there is no longer fatouches or crabcakes for starters. Sliders have been replaced with a larger angus burger, veal ragout gone.

This was on Pearl and was told it is fleetwide.

Would advise you have a word with the Maitre D' and they will help come up with some good vegetarian choices. One thing you might like is the fettucine with porcini mushrooms. There's also a mozzarella & tomato bruschetta.

They had some good soups as well like cream of cauliflower, pumpkin ginger, asparagus, potato & leek so they can check the stock for you to suggest what would work.

Enjoy your cruise!:D

Is the lamb chop on the salad gone as well?..I found the lamb in Cagney's and le bistro outstanding...

OH NO! no more lamb fatoush?!?!?! It was my favorite thing on the menu, and usually the only thing I would order, maybe with an extra salad on the side.. Will be VERY sad to see it gone!

Robin

I'm currently on the Pearl and there is no fatuous any more! I was bummed! But have made uowith the angus burger. I will try to get a menu and let you know what is the current Cagney's for lunch.

OH NO! no more lamb fatoush?!?!?! It was my favorite thing on the menu, and usually the only thing I would order, maybe with an extra salad on the side.. Will be VERY sad to see it gone!

Robin

Heheh

time to try expanding your horizons in the buffet for lunch then....!:D

Marelind...you are there now! What ship? What are you visiting. I am experiencing cruise withdrawal and want to live vicariously through you. By the way what is fatoush?

We are going out on the Gem in September in a Penthouse and one of the perks is Cagneys. I hope they don't keep downsizing everything by then. The economy is tough on everyone. Can you imagine how much the gas costs on these floating cities!

The menu posted is no longer current. Many items are still there like the jumbo shrimp' date=' asparagus w/portabello mushrms & prosciutto, seared ahi tuna, grouper and others. However, there is no longer fatouches or crabcakes for starters. Sliders have been replaced with a larger angus burger, veal ragout gone.

This was on Pearl and was told it is fleetwide.

Would advise you have a word with the Maitre D' and they will help come up with some good vegetarian choices. One thing you might like is the fettucine with porcini mushrooms. There's also a mozzarella & tomato bruschetta.

They had some good soups as well like cream of cauliflower, pumpkin ginger, asparagus, potato & leek so they can check the stock for you to suggest what would work.

Enjoy your cruise!:D[/quote']

Hey Barb...welcome home....Thanks for the menu updates...It's always good to have the latest info..:D

apmecruise, I'm on the Pearl and www are in Nanaimo today. We are in as Courtyard Villa and love it. Fatoush is basically a salad with vinaigrette dressing your choice of grilled chicken, salmon, I think or another choice of meat. It was light and relatively low cal in comparison with other choices.

They now have

Soup of the day

Colossal shrimp cocktail

Fresh smoked salmon which is not lox, abut more of a salmon filet that's been smoked

Grilled asparagus and prosciutto

Mixed greens

Grilled angus burger

Turkey burger

French dip

Sesame crusted ahi tuna burgers

Bruschetta with roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella

Fetucciniwith porcini mushrooms

Sea scallops

Grouper Milanese

Butter roasted breast of chicken

Grilled angus new York strip

Warm espresso chocolate brownie

Carrot cake

Banana cream pie

Marinated berries and mango

Ice-cream and sherbet selection

I don't think they downsized the menu as much as updated it. I don't think the sliders were as good as the angus burger they have now. They still put pineapple and peppers on the turkey burger so you have to go through a whole discussion to get a plain turkey burger.

However, if that's the most I have to deal with I've got no problems! It's lovely on board as usual. Cagney's for dinner tonight on our last night. It's suite!

apmecruise, I'm on the Pearl and www are in Nanaimo today. We are in as Courtyard Villa and love it. Fatoush is basically a salad with vinaigrette dressing your choice of grilled chicken, salmon, I think or another choice of meat. It was light and relatively low cal in comparison with other choices.

They now have

Soup of the day

Colossal shrimp cocktail

Fresh smoked salmon which is not lox, abut more of a salmon filet that's been smoked

Mixed greens

Grilled angus burger

Turkey burger

French dip

Sea scallops

Grouper Milanese

Carrot cake

Banana cream pie

I don't think they downsized the menu as much as updated it. I don't think the sliders were as good as the angus burger they have now. They still put pineapple and peppers on the turkey burger so you have to go through a whole discussion to get a plain turkey burger.

However, if that's the most I have to deal with I've got no problems! It's lovely on board as usual. Cagney's for dinner tonight on our last night. It's suite!

No more roasted kosher chicken? That, the veal goulash and the various fatoush dishes were probably our most frequently ordered items! Cagney's lunch doesn't look nearly as good to me without them...although I say good riddance to the sliders.

They now have

Soup of the day

Colossal shrimp cocktail

Mixed greens

Grilled angus burger

Turkey burger

French dip

Sea scallops

Grouper Milanese

Carrot cake

Banana cream pie

I have decided that on my next cruise, i am going to ask them to make the Turkey Burger American style, not Thai style....

The whole roasted chicken is gone....that used to take awhile to prepare....and they had the best cole slaw...maybe that still exists

Marelind,

Thanks for the very current updated information. My next cruise isn't until 2013. So heaven know what will change by then. I enjoy just about anything, but I adore the atmosphere and service I think even more than the food.

Is breakfast the same? That's my favorite meal and NCL's suite breakfast is awesome.

Enjoy your final evening on board.

Some of the items are:

Jumbo shrimp

Sliders

French dip

Anyone else?

Barb, I loved that salad too. I even took a picture of it and tried making it at home from the description. Didn't taste as good as in Cagney's, but still good. :D

Hope all is well and lots of cruises planned!

Barb, I loved that salad too. I even took a picture of it and tried making it at home from the description. Didn't taste as good as in Cagney's, but still good. :D

Hope all is well and lots of cruises planned!

Hi Jackie,

Hope all is well with you, too!

In 3 weeks, we're cruising out of Boston for the first time. Do you have any cruises planned?

Archived