How Do We Find Members Email Addresses?

kdezi

Help...I read a great review, and wanted to send a personal email to the author. When I click on the CC user name, I do not get her name or her email address. I have since added my email to my stats area, but most folks do not. I am not sure she will read a general post.

Any suggestions on how to reach her?

Thanks...Karen (desbergphx@cox.net)

Sailing Marina 5/25/11 from Barcelona to Copenhagen.

Thanks Keith. Can you be more specific - very specific? I am new to this site, and am still sloshing around trying to learn the ropes. :confused:

Thanks!

Help...I read a great review, and wanted to send a personal email to the author. When I click on the CC user name, I do not get her name or her email address. I have since added my email to my stats area, but most folks do not. I am not sure she will read a general post.

Any suggestions on how to reach her?

Thanks...Karen (desbergphx@cox.net)

Sailing Marina 5/25/11 from Barcelona to Copenhagen.

Have you checked in the Roll Cal for the cruise she was on or post on the Oceania Forum she may be reading there

Email addresses are private the only way to get it is if the person puts it in their profile or message

To avoid those "bots" that collect email addresses for sending spam to, many people who do list their email addys, will do so as: email @ domain.com (with spaces in between those elements)

My suggestion, is to go to where "members list" is listed near the top of the page and then click on that. There's an alphabetical list of members' screen names. With a little patience (this is assuming you know the screen name of this person), you can find this person. Click on the name which takes you to their user page. Then you can click on "statistics" which will give you their most recent posts. If they are currently posting on a roll call, go to it and then post that you would like this person to send you an email (and use that format above).

Thanks everyone for your replies. All of your suggestions were good, and I suspected that addresses were considered private. I did check member's list, but hers was not listed. Patty, I completely forgot about bots, so will adjust my stats immediately.

Karen

Thanks everyone for your replies. All of your suggestions were good, and I suspected that addresses were considered private. I did check member's list, but hers was not listed.

Karen

What is her screen I.D.?

Thanks all for your patience with this newbie. Special thanks to Lyn for sending me SmartLady's email address, links to her profile, and more instructions on how to use this great resource. :D

Archived