Communicating with Silversea

scapel

I have been only one Silversea Ship and I voiced complaints by e-mail and snail mail. I have scheduled a second cruise, so I am good to try again. I never did hear any feedback from them. I gave a recommendation how they could improve their bottom line, but that didn’t bring any comment. I kind of get a feeling that I am not part of their family. Maybe it is because I opted out of their automatic donation program.

With Celebrity, I always got feedback even if the answers were not would I wanted. I once pointed out an error in a sign on the deck of the Constellation and was thanked for that.

Does anyone have any experience of getting answers from management to problems or compliments on the Silversea ships.

Try writing them in Italian.

As soon as I stop laughing, I'm going to respond to this.

I have an Iphone app that translates, but it would take me forever. I guess I could take the letter and use the Google translate to get it in Italian. Now there is a thought. OH, I am just dribbling now.

You might have a better response if you send comments to the Hotel Director on board during a cruise. However, that does not mean that the head office will ever see or hear about your comments.

It isn't just us fare paying passengers who have troubles communicating with Silversea. Our TA - Amex Centurion -apparently has to wait 72 hours before receiving a response to ANY query to Silversea. This is only since we actually booked and paid in full for our cruise. Before we booked, the TA seemed to be able to speak to them within 30 minutes of speaking to us...call me cynical :rolleyes:;)

However, when we are in England it only takes..........48 hours for Ss to respond to queries from our TA.

Seriously although posted with tongue in cheek, this does reflect our experience, which makes me wonder exactly how any complaint would be dealt with.

If there are any other TA's reading - I know Deb is a regular around here - can you advise me if this is the norm?

I have been only one Silversea Ship and I voiced complaints by e-mail and snail mail. I have scheduled a second cruise, so I am good to try again. I never did hear any feedback from them. I gave a recommendation how they could improve their bottom line, but that didn’t bring any comment. I kind of get a feeling that I am not part of their family. Maybe it is because I opted out of their automatic donation program.

With Celebrity, I always got feedback even if the answers were not would I wanted. I once pointed out an error in a sign on the deck of the Constellation and was thanked for that.

Does anyone have any experience of getting answers from management to problems or compliments on the Silversea ships.

If I can ask when did you write to Silversea and who did you write to?

Keith

We do all of our communicating with SS through our TA and have never had a problem. If your TA isn't cutting it you may want to consider a change. I did write a lengthy letter to company management after the Silver Spirit maiden T/A. I gave it to Paolo, the Hotel Director and he did send it to management. Got a very nice letter back from them and had a nice conversation with Christian Salieu when we arrived in FLL. There was a thread about a year ago that gave Ken Watson's e-mail address. Also, he monitors this board.

The on;y situation where it should take 72 hours for SS to get back to a TA is when booking air through silver sky because it is all done via email. Otherwise answers should be forthcoming much sooner.

Please see SS contacts/emails/phone below..am sure Brad can help point you to

the right department (believe Frank Sansone is still Mgr of Guest Relations). As

Doug mentions above, try the email at bottom of Silversea's Chief Operating

Officer (COO) Ken Watson.

Americas

Brad Ball

Email: BradB@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713.4030 (USA)

Gina Finocchiaro

Email: GinaF@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713-4029 (USA)

Ken Watson:

email: KenW@silversea.com

If I can ask when did you write to Silversea and who did you write to?

Keith

Ian Mcleod was the name I was given. It was last year after the Silver Whisper trip. It was just mostly about very poorly tasting wine the entire trip.

It wasn't that big a deal, but I thought I should have gotten an answer. I'm going to try again this May.

Hi, Joe. I'm glad that you enjoyed Silversea enough to go back. I haven't had problems in communicating with Silversea. I always address anything I can while ON the ship for my personal travel. I can't stress enough how people need their trip to be the best it can be. There are a good number of complimentary wines onboard. We often find we are not in love with a wine just because maybe it is a savignon blanc or something we don't favor. We just ask for something else. Within minutes, something chilled and tasty is brought to us and served up throughout the night.

With the butler system in place now, that is another avenue to address issues. When we did this, the butler manager arrived in my cabin. I otherwise just head to the hotel director, head waiter or whoever for a chat or with a note.

That being said, a proper response is always appreciated to any commentary. Your comments were not that negative, so perhaps this slipped as something needing addressed?? I did send this post to upper management for current view.

I have yet to have any issue in getting through to proper people at Silversea. I haven't had stirs with customer service or air people. They all have been quite accomodating. My only disappointment was handling of my slamming finger in the door on last cruise. I was visited, etc., though our request for assistance in removing our luggage from the ship wasn't granted even though my hand was numb. I did get an apology, though.

Please see SS contacts/emails/phone below..am sure Brad can help point you to

the right department (believe Frank Sansone is still Mgr of Guest Relations). As

Doug mentions above, try the email at bottom of Silversea's Chief Operating

Officer (COO) Ken Watson.

Americas

Brad Ball

Email: BradB@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713.4030 (USA)

Gina Finocchiaro

Email: GinaF@Silversea.com

Phone: (954) 713-4029 (USA)

Ken Watson:

email: KenW@silversea.com

Wes:

OK, I e-mailed Ken Watson and got an overnight Fed Ex letter today suggesting I contact Frank Sansone and explain. I e-mailed Frank Sansone today and already heard from Frank Sansone in response and they want to repay my increase flight cost for changing the departure port from Tokyo to Seoul. They also want to give me a comp transfer from the Seoul Airport to the Seoul Hotel Intercontinental.

Now that is service. I'm really talking about the rapidity of response.

I have never had that kind of response from any cruise line in my 41 cruises.

I had to brow beat Celebrity to change a sign on the Constellation which directed people in the wrong direction to the bow. It could have been a problem in an emergency. It took much communication and happened only because I was determined. It was a Celebrity liability and I was trying to help them.

Hi Joe,

Kudos--nice to see SS leadership respond in an exceptionally timely manner...and Kudos to you for your persistence.

We like Frank...when we first sailed with SS (Shadow) in early 2006 we were blindsided with 47 children on board. Our TA sent a tactful letter to SS requesting explanation. Frank wrote us back within a week and included a very healthy future cruise credit for any SS cruise--asking us to give SS another shot at exceeding our lux cruise expectations. Six months later--we boarded the Whisper for our second best cruise ever (our best cruise yet, was on the Spirit maiden crossing (Jan 2010, not due to the ship (we do not care for) but due to the exceptional pax we sailed with and outstanding SS telepathic service). However, our fav ship is Regent's Voyager.

We enjoy sailing both Regent and Silversea--for 2012...we are booked on the Whisper next fall (along with friends from our Spirit maiden crossing).

Archived