need advice for next cruise

easy1969

My family and I have cruised on carnival during april the last 2 years and have had a great time. we plan to continue cruising each april, but would like to go on a different cruise line. My question is what cruise lines would be a step up from carnival as far as service and dining?

We also enjoy cruising on Carnival. I would recommend you try Princess and Royal Caribbean. We find everything we love aboard those lines, but definitely find that they are a notch above. RCI would be your best bet if you like active things like rock climbing, ice skating, water surfing, etc. Princess would be your best best if you are looking for a variety of entertainment during the day and night. Both have great service, good food, and beautiful ships.

I've tried a bunch of other lines and have had great cruises on all. IMO they are all good choices.

If you go with Princess, you will qualify for past guest rate as Princess and Carnival are both owned by Carnival Corporation. If you use a TA, you can get $ off the Princess fare; not so on RC, Celebrity or NCL as they don't discount their fares anymore.

That largely depends on what you like. This is our first Carnival cruise so a lot is riding on whether or not we like the trip. We have been on HAL twice and will go again. HAL is big on class, sophistication and art, things we really enjoy!

Check more postings on Cruise Critic to find out the "flavor" of each line and see what best suits you.

April 2012 is a good time to try Disney CIMO. They will have 3 ships depating from Port Canaveral that month and I believe you can find relatively reasonable deal on the older but more classic Disney Magic that will have a variety of 4-5 nights Bahamas or 7-nights E Caribbean itineraries all stopping at Castaway Cay, their private island.

Archived