flying or boating from Orlando to Coco Caye?

All,

Anyone every tried to fly/boat from Orlando to meet a missed ship. I'm concerned someone in our party might miss the boarding at Port Canaveral and I wonder if it is fisable to meet the ship at Coco Caye?

Tho when we were there in March, I was surprised that they had actually security check (metal detectors, etc) before you got on the tender back out to the ship!!!

I gotta say I was impressed, but I couldn't help but wonder - what kinda dangerous things would you pick up in Coco Cay ? A conch shell in the shape of a bayonnet? :D

Tho when we were there in March, I was surprised that they had actually security check (metal detectors, etc) before you got on the tender back out to the ship!!!

I gotta say I was impressed, but I couldn't help but wonder - what kinda dangerous things would you pick up in Coco Cay ? A conch shell in the shape of a bayonnet? :D

If you think about it, it would be quite simple for someone to sneak on the island and deposit almost any sort of contraband for a passenger to pick up.

All,

Anyone every tried to fly/boat from Orlando to meet a missed ship. I'm concerned someone in our party might miss the boarding at Port Canaveral and I wonder if it is fisable to meet the ship at Coco Caye?

It's possible to get to CoCo Cay by flying into Great Harbour Airport by chartering a plane, (Continental has flights from FLL direct to Great Harbour) You will be able to clear Bahamas Immigration at the Airport then you would then need to take a cab to Bullock Harbour and finally hire a local to give you a ride to CoCo Cay. You would have to check with RCI if they would allow this. (I doubt it) and it would probably cost more than the Cruise!! :eek:

Its only a few miles to the Berry Islands and the locals commute there every day to work the straw market.

All,

What leads you to believe that the member of your party might miss embarkation? Is it Freedom of the Seas? What time is it scheduled to leave Canaveral?

Even if you could find a way to get to Coco Cay.......our last two visits were canceled due to weather. You might just get there and the ship doesn't!
My 1st thought. We have never missed it as a port but my parents have missed it the only 3 times they were to go there.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks everyone. I kind of thought it wouldn't work. Just for the record, our party is coming in a day early, but we are meeting a friend that arrives the day of and I'm a little worrried about them making it with the new 2:30 check in.

All,

It will be WAY to expensive to try and catch up the ship. Its not like flying from one port to the next and take a cab. You may have to rent a sea plane and i cant imagine they are cheap.:confused:

Archived